Twinkle Twinkle Little Star [5th Gen CRMT]

Intro
I built this team around one of the most common and powerful pokemon around, Starmie. Starmie is very versatile with it's set, but its' best arguably being the LO set. Well with further ado, the team.​

Building Process

First, I thought of a basis for my team, I thought of Starmie, due to it's versatile moveset.

Then, I thought of good teammates for Starmie, I chose Tran and Shaymin, making a FWG core.

Then, knowing about the immense use of dragons, decided to use Garchomp, mainly to screw with other Dragons.

Next, I needed a physical attacking pokemon since I was leaning towards the special side. He had to be bulky enough to take some hits yet not too low in attack power, also being a good Excadrill counter. I went with Conkeldurr.

Finally, I needed a lead, and even though Explosion got nerfed, I went with Metagross.

This is the current team.

The Team

Metagross @ Choice Band
Adamant | Clear Body
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
-Bullet Punch
-Meteor Mash
-EQ
-Ice Punch

This is pretty much Metagross with Choice Band. Meteor Mash is for STAB, Bullet Punch is priority, EQ is for Fire-types and Ice Punch is for Dragons and Ground-types, etc.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid | Natural Cure
252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
-Thunderbolt
-Hydro Pump
-Rapid Spin
-Ice Beam

Life Orb Starmie. It can revenge kill like a champ due to its' high speeds, while Life Orb boosts the power of the said moves. TBolt + Ice Beam for BoltBeam. Rapid Spin to get rid of hazards and Hydro Pump is for STAB and is very powerful with LO. EVs are set to make it as fast as possible, although I might put the 4 EVs in SpD in HP.

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Timid | Natural Cure
252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 HP
-Seed Flare
-Rest
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power Fire

While I could use Celebi here, I chose Shaymin instead after seeing what it can do. This is a pretty standard LO Shaymin, although I don't know if I should use HP Fire or HP Ice, due to the fact that without HP Fire, I can't take down pokemon like Scizor or Ferrothorn easily, while HP Ice helps with Dragons and possibly Gliscor, who is a thorn in the side of this team with me using HP Fire for pokes like Scizor and Ferrothorn. Rest for recovery.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Modest | Flash Fire
252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 HP
-Stealth Rock
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power Ice

I used to have a more bulky Tran, with a Lava Plume / Earth Power / Substitute / Protect set, but it didn't fit well with the team, so I went to my tried and true BalloonTran set. It at least lets me survive an EQ. Stealth Rock for entry hazards, Earth Power for coverage and HP Ice for Ground and Dragon types. Fire Blast for primary STAB.

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
Adamant | Guts
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
-Mach Punch
-Drain Punch
-Bulk Up
-Payback

This is my Excadrill check and fighting type on this team. After a Bulk Up & Guts boost or even without a Bulk Up, Conkeldurr is usually ready. Mach Punch for priority, Drain Punch for STAB and recovery and Payback for coverage.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Adamant | Rough Skin
252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 HP
-Outrage
-Fire Blast
-EQ
-Stone Edge

Typical Choice set, Scarf for the speed. Outrage & EQ are STAB, Fire Blast for coverage, along with Stone Edge.

Possible Changes

• Celebi > Shaymin.
Celebi @ Leftovers
Modest|Natural Cure
232 HP / 240 SpA / 36 Spe
-Recover
-Giga Drain
-Nasty Plot
-Hidden Power [Fire]

Suggested by Eternal and I am testing it out atm.

Conclusion

I'd like to thank Bulbapedia for the sprites, Smogon for help on sets and various members of Serebii for guidance and answering my many questions. Special thanks to PKGaming and Eternal for helping me loads on this team. I hope you find a way to help me with this team as I've slaved over it a while. Well, rate away!

@Pardoxus - I am fully aware of the fact that this team could be WiFi, but I don't like doing Wifi / BW OU tier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)