Project Type Cores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
Core 1

Megazard X is an absolute beat, and Serperior and Starmie are no slouches either. Plus I prefer offense n_n

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Voting is now over and we have our winner! I'll save the Runner-Up in the Hall of Fame as well

1st Week's winner is Core 1 by DarkNostalgia and our Runner-Up is Core 7 by Albacore

Congrats to you guys and thanks to everyone that participated this week!

Core 1: 6
Core 7: 4
Core 8: 1
Core 9: 1
Core 11: 1
Core 14: 1
Core 17: 1

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Keldeo + Bisharp + Mega Alakazam

Bisharp @ Life Orb / Blackglasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]

(can also run a Sub CM set but I personally find Specs to work better with this core since it can break Clefable which is always a pain, as well as Gyarados who can also be very annoying to deal with)

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Encore / Substitute / Taunt

Keldeo + Bisharp are well-known for working pretty well together, since Bisahrp traps Latis and other Psychic types for Keldeo, and checks certain Fairy- and Grass- types which can also check Keldeo. In return, the latter deals with Ground- and Steel- types that check Bisharp. Alakazam compltes the offensive core by checking Fighting-types, particualrly Keldeo, Poison-types like MVenu and acting as a fast revenge killer in general. MZam also benefits from Bisahrp's Purusit support since it has a hard time breaking past bulky Psychics, and Keldeo's abilty to beat Dark-types and Steel-types both of which can threaten it as well.

The core isn't too great defensively since it has trouble vs more offensive Fairies like Diancie and Altaria, and has nothing for Talonflame, but the offensive synergy is fantastic.

Last edited:
+
+

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Mega Heracross is an exceptional wallbreaker that can break past Scizor, Ferrothorn, Chansey, Heatran, etc., all of which Latios doesn't appreciate. This allows Latios to come in and spam powerful Draco Meteors or boost up with Calm Mind and hit the checks it shares with Heracross (such as Fairy-types and Mega Sableye) very hard.Even when unboosted, Draco Meteor threatens to cripple bulky Pokemon which can annoy Heracross-M (such as Landorus-T, Garchomp, bulky Waters). Also, +1 Psyshock packs enough power to OHKO Azumarill, Mega Diancie and Offensive Mega Altaria, all of which can threaten this core greatly.

Scarf Tyranitar patches up Mega Heracross's weakness to Flying-types and faster Psychic-types such as Talonflame, Mega Charizard-Y, Mega Metagross, Mega Pinsir and Lati@s. It also helps to remove bulky Psychic-types such as Jirachi, Bronzong and Victini, which both Latios and Heracross-M appreciate. Earthquake is used over Superpower because Heracross-M doesn't care about Bisharp, Superpower's best target. Earthquake allows Tyranitar to OHKO Mega Diancie without risking a Speed tie with Latios.

Mega Metagross + Keldeo + Hydreigon

It is well-known that Keldeo is a fantastic partner to Megagross. SubCM Keldeo sets up against a lot of Megagross counters, for example Skarmpry, Mandibuzz, Mega Sableye, Mega Scizor, and Bisharp. In the contrary, Keldeo is usually checked by Mega Venusaur, Amoonguss, the Lati twins and any Fairies. Howewer, some Psychic-types can take on Megagross + Keldeo. SpeDef Slowbro / Slowking walls this core, Mew with Psychic + Will-O-Wisp can be annoying, as well as Defensive Jirachi which walls Metagross, and Keldeo doesn't appreciate paralysis of Jirachi. Here comes Hydreigon. It beats these Psychic-types and break some defensive cores that Metagross-Mega + Keldeo struggle to beat, like Starmie + Ferrothorn + Hippowdon, or Clefable + Skarmory. In the contrary, Metagross and Keldeo fares well against offense.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Naive Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm / Earthquake
- Grass Knot / Bullet Punch / Ice Punch

Keldeo @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Superpower / Fire Blast / Earth Power

Hi folks! :) so here it is Megacham+Jirachi+Hydreigon!!! :D

Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch / Bullet Punch
- Fake Out

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Toxic / Body Slam
- Wish
- Protect

Mega Medicham is the Most Powerful team member and serves as a wallbreaker,While Jirachi serves as a Fairy counter and mega metagross counter,Jirachi is also the wish passer ,it provides mega cham needed recovery ,while these two looks weak to Fire,Ground and bulky water ,Hydriegon counters or checks them ,Life orb provides mass power to Hydriegon and its role is balance breaker and wallbreaker . Hydri is weak to ice ,dragon and fighting types jirachi almost resist them all ,Mega cham and hydri are the wall breaker while Hitachi counter their checks and bring out the full potential of those 2 Pokemons.

The first move of mega cham I.e. hjk is very powerful there are just a few pokemons which can switch-out against its HJK even Clefable fears from its hjk ,Zen headbutt is the 2nd stab which checks pokemons which can switch-out against its hjk like mega venusaur,Gengar etc. The 3rd Move is optional,while ice punch checks the pokemon which are 4x weak to ice and can switch out against its stabs foe ex-Lando-t etc,This core is weak to mega diancie so bullet punch is also a good option over ice punch ,the last slot I.e Fake Out Gives megacham time to mega evolve and break sash :3.
Jirachi's first move I.e. iron head checks fairy type like mega gardevoir,Clefable etc and also has a flinch chance,Wish provides Jirachi much needed recovery and it also provide the teammates recovery and Protect gives time to recover and also gets leftovers recovery,the last slot is optional ,Toxic is used on the switch outs of bulky waters,offensive fires etc while body slam paralyzes the target and paralysis + Iron head +sgrace is very powerful.

Hydri's first move I.e. Draco meteor is the most powerful stab ,life orb makes it more deadly ,the second move is the second stab and helps against Psychic types ,Flash cannon deals with fairies while earth power deals with fire and ground types. :3

This core has a good offensive synergy but weak to set up sweepers so scarf is also optional on hydri to revenge kill set up sweepers,This core is also weak to mega lop ,Mega alt and mega diancie so Scizor Synergies with this core very well :D.

P.S. Have a Nice Day n_n

Last edited:
Reactions: TPP

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams

Zoroark @ Black Glasses
Ability: Illusion
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Bullet Punch

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
Zoroark lures in and beats almost every Metagross switchin like Slowbro, Skarmory, MSableye and Starmie. Black Glasses > LO because you're mainly luring in pokemon for Metagross, so LO will reveal that you are Zoroark. However, Zoroark can also aid Toxicroak in taking down pokemon like the already mentioned Skarmory and MSableye, as well as bulky grounds and psychic types. Zoroark's biggest issue is its frailty, which means it dislikes pokemon that outspeed it or have strong priority. Metagross helps beating fairies and can switch in against many forms of priority due to its great physical bulk. Bullet Punch helps against strong fast attackers like Tornadus-T and Mega Lopunny, that really annoy this core. Toxicroak gives the core a fighting and bug resist, so it is able to switch in against pokemon that threaten Zoroark, like Terrakion and Keldeo. Toxicroak can also take some priority hits (Sucker Punch, Mach Punch, Aqua Jet) but with its bad bulk it has more problems switching in.
This core is great offensively but has some flaws defensively. Pokemon like Mega Manectric and Talonflame can easily deal with this core and cores like Clefable + Mega Scizor are also really annoying to face even with Zoroark ability to lure the Mega Scizor in. It should also be noted that Metagross and Toxicroak resist Stealth Rocks, while Zoroark takes 12,5% from them, so without hazards removal, Zoroarks identity can easily be revealed.

p2

Banned deucer.
Mega Medicham + Bisharp + Starmie

This core straight up shreds defensive builds. Medicham pretty much breaks everything apart from Slowbro, Sableye and PDef Mew and that's where Bisharp comes in. Bisharp completely breaks down the Pokemon that beat Medicham. Starmie is for Keldeo and Thundurus as the core is very weak to the both of them.

Medicham @ Medichamite
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch / Ice Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt

Bisharp @ Life Orb / Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

So I'm assuming these cores will be of the more offensive variety, because none of those types are outstanding defensively really. So here we go:

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Superpower
- Dragon Dance

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Roost
- Calm Mind

Lucario @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance

This is a heavy offense core I've used on occasion. Mega Tyranitar is a somewhat underrated force in today's metagame and can inflict tons of damage at +1. Also adds a natural Talon check and a soft Lati@s check which is nice. CM Latios can check Keldeo for Tyranitar, lure Scizor with HP Fire, as well as just blow by some common checks that don't expect a CM. Luke is often overlooked but I found it an effective third piece to deal with Fairies that trouble the former two threats. I suppose something like Toxicroak could also be used but Steel type priority is good for killing a set-up Altaria.

Overall solid core. Three offensive checks to some very common threats (TTar checks Talon, Latios check Char-Y and Keldeo, Luke checks Bisharp) which can be helpful when teambuilding. Probably want a better Fairy answer than Luke but you can afford to use something like Volc because the core itself has no SR weakness.

Last edited:

So fighting spam+pursuit is a pretty old strategy but it still works.
Ttar traps latis and other psychics that annoy keld and cham even though cham is a monster that kills psychics anyways lol. Latis still revenge him though.
Cham can kill things like most bulky grasses and is just a general wallbreaker. It helps Ttar with weaken psychics.
Keld can be scarf but if your team is weak to mega eye, sub cm works better since cham and tar are both walled by it. It works well as a cleaner after tar and cham weaken the opposing team.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge

Medicham @ Medichamite
EVs:252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt

Mega Gyarados + Infernape + Jirachi
+
+

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Substitute

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 100 Atk / 156 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot
- Hidden Power Ice

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- U-Turn
- Healing Wish

Some Pokemon which can switch-in easily against SubDD Gyarados are Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Tangrowth, Mega Altaria, Azumarill, Mega Scizor and Chesnaught. All of the above Pokemon are either weak to Infernape's STAB moves or in the Fairy-types case, be heavily damaged by Gunk Shot. In return, Mega Gyarados easily sets-up on Infernape's switch-ins such as Lati@s, Slowking, Cresselia and Mew while also overloading Rotom-W which checks both Pokemon.

Jirachi complements this core by being able to revenge kill Mega Lopunny, Keldeo and Mega Aerodactyl with Zen Headbutt/ Iron Head while also acting as a safety net against DD Mega Altaria. It is also it's strongest attack against Talonflame which can be annoying for the core. Jirachi can also U-Turn out of unfavourable match-ups (such as against Garchomp, Hippowdon and Scizor) which are easy prey for Infernape or Gyarados. Healing Wish gives Gyarados a second sweeping chance if it is weakened or Statused.

Last edited:
Mega Gardevoir + Infernape + Bisharp

This is a cool core I've had some success with going 11-0 so far. Mega Gardevoir is easily one of the most underrated mega threats, punching holes in almost any team. Defensive Infernape is able to stop Weavile, Bisharp, and Scizor, some of the most annoying opponents for Mega Gardevoir + Bisharp to face. Bisharp is able to defeat most of Gardevoir's checks such as Jirachi, Victini, and Bronzong, while Mega Gardevoir can defeat most of Bisharp's checks including Keldeo. Alternatively, you could run Swords Dance on Bisharp, as it'll be able to set up on burned opponents thanks to Infernape. Infernape also stops set-up sweepers with Taunt, besides Talonlame.

Good teammates that I've used with team are bulky waters that can take water moves such as Scald. Zapdos works great, as it is immune to ground, and provides hazard removal. Lando-T and Hippowdon also work by providing Stealth Rocks and tanking ground attacks. These 3 also aid in checking Talonflame, a threat to the team.
Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Infernape @ Leftovers
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Def / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Close Combat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off
- Taunt

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Last edited:

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Week 2 is the week I've been waiting for. Get creative with your cores because were doing Dark, Fighting, Psychic Cores. Now if someone could post a Meloetta-Pirouette Core.
(Mega Lopunny's sprite looks disgusting)
Pants (Lopunny-Mega) (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Power-Up Punch

Fetus (Reuniclus) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Future Sight

Red Ranger (Bisharp) (M) @ Black Glasses
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Knock Off

Mega Lopunny + Bisharp = Threat. Add Reuniclus and just forfeit.

Mega Lopunny
Mega Lopunny is a Pokemon I've been wanting to use and when I did, it became probably my 3rd favorite Mega Evolution. Being one of the fastest Pokemon in the OU tier, this Pokemon is not to mess around with. I like Power-Up-Punch over Ice Punch as it gives a +1 Atk every time you use it making you able to potentially sweep, and Ice Punch doesn't even kill Landorus-Therian and Garchomp.

Reuniclus
Reuniclus is the Main Attraction to this Core. Its Role is to be a Cleaner and is to do as much damage to the opponent so Mega Lopunny can end the battle by at least sweeping the team. Choice Specs does major damage being able to OHKO/2HKO most opposing Pokemon. Switching out heals its HP thanks to its Hidden Ability Regenerator, just watch out for pesky Pursuit though.

Bisharp
Bisharp works well with Mega Lopunny, as it pursuit traps Psychic and Ghost types making it easier for Lopunny. Bisharp also gets rid of those annoying Fairies such as Clefable which are a pain to deal with.

I hope you enjoy using this core because I had fun using it. Anyway if you have any questions you can ask me since I'm Co-Managing this Thread. Have a nice day ^_^

Last edited:
+
+

Breloom@Focus Sash
Technician
Jolly 252 Atk / 4 Df / 252 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed

Houndoom@Houndoomite
Flash Fire
Timid 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Destiny Bond

Jirachi@Choice Scarf
Serene Grace
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Punch
- U-Turn

An unconventional HO combo. Mega Houndoom is a standard NP variant with Destiny Bond for a last ditch take down. The nice thing is that his partners both draw Fire attacks and WoW, which would grant Houndoom the Flash Fire bonus so they need to be careful throwing those around. Jirachi is a scarf variant to help with some speedy things that can threaten Houndoom or wall it. Iron Head for Altaria who walls Houndoom's STABs, Zen Headbutt for Lopunny and Keldeo, and Thunder Punch for Tornadus-T and Talonflame. Otherwise U-Turn is used to scout and get Houndoom is safely. Breloom is a sash variant, determined to get a Spore off to help Houndoom set up, and Mach Punch for powerful priority and Mega Gyarados.

I'm going to delete my original post and just make a new one, since this took so long and I want this to get the attention it deserves :]

(Shiny because shiny Gard and Lucario are cooler than normal :])

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Earth power

Lucario @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Ice Punch

This core is a modified version of the one I used during the aegislash retest and freaking loved. The biggest difference being aegis is replaced w/ luc (not actually as big as it sounds). Just like the Mega Scep+Tran+Azu core given as an example in the OP, this core is combines two different type cores in a combination that's difficult to provide by any other means. It honestly is more of a FDS core than a DFP, in feel, at least, but it counts and it's super cool. The core showcases some underrated, or at least underused threats. Before I go into the details of how it works, I'll explain the set details. Gardevoir is running the standard EV spread to let it avoid the 2hko from LO latios psyshock and max speed to provide as much pressure against offense, while maintaining its insane power and wallbreaking capabilities. Hydreigon has enough speed to outpace max speed, neutral nature base 95s (though that's probably more than it needs, I just didn't want to take the time to optimize its spread too much), and then 16 HP to reach a LO number and the leftover 8 could be dumped in either defense or special defense. Lucario is max speed a whole lot more w/ a jolly nature, and it really wants the power. Also, Espeed makes up for it usually. 29 IVs in HP reach a LO number.

Now- on to the core itself. Offensively, Gard and hydreigon have insanely good offensive synergy (and luc, but I'm not there yet), absolutely destroying each other's checks, breaking basically everything in sight. Hydreigon, as we know, kills everything that's not a fairy type, and has enough speed to outspeed basically every defensive poke in the meta, and Gard, while not super effective against fairies, basically just has enough power to just straight up kill them anyways. These two will force a lot of switches, and so hazards are greatly apreciated to make up for each of their inabilities to handle everything on their own. The pressure they create is unreal tho, and even against foes that resist them, they're going to wear out the opposing team pretty quick. Once the opposing walls have been softened, or just straight up killed, then luc can come in and do his job. Lucario is a mon that, although once insanely popular, people are really underprepared for these days. It's stats are basically underwhelming overall, but its great movepool more than makes up for it. It pressures offense and defense alike, as Espeed lets it kill fast, frail stuff, and 90 is more than fast enough to beat basically all walls. Lucario isn't without its own flaws though. It's frail, it doesnt have a whole lot of power, and life orb makes it pretty easy to wear down, as the longest it could be in (bar boosting turns), even if you don't take any other residual damage or a single attack, is 11 turns, which is a lot less than it sounds like. You need to really careful, therefore, about using it early to mid game, so as not to wear it down to much and prevent it from sweeping late game, when it really shines. However, with this in mind, Lucario can be an excellent member for offensive teams, so long as you play it how it should be.

Gengar- sorta. It's something I have trouble preparing for, as its stabs + Focus Miss = perfect coverage. It's something to look out for, as Gard and hydreigon pressure it, but can't switch in.

Fairies- hydreigon obviously loves fairies, as we all know. And the other two can't really tank powerful fairy attacks, especially on the physical side. The biggest concern is bellyjet Azu, as it can set up on hydreigon, then wreak havoc. It can't actually switch in on luc though, as Espeed at +2 is dangerous, especially when you have a max of 75% HP. Honestly though, this is a threat to almost any team- offensive or defensive, and is just something to watch out for, imo.

Talonflame (especially band)- nothing on the core resists both stabs and none of them are very bulky, especially physically. It can threaten any member of the team, however, again, Lucario out-prioritizes it, so at +2, it's basically a non issue.

Lucario (ironically)
Opposing jolly Lucario will outspeed both luc and hydreigon and kill them both, and, while Gard beats it 1v1 (...I think... I mean, I'm not going to run calcs cause I'm on mobile, but if hypervoice can't ohko it, focus miss does; but then again...); however, it doesn't like switching in for fear of an iron tail to the face. Not to mention, Espeed (again) makes up for Lucarios mediocre speed and let's it finish off a weakened Gardevoir with impunity.

Mega Alakazam + Bisharp + Infernape

Alakazam @ Alakazite
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power Ice

Bisharp @ Assault Vest
EVs: 64 HP, 252 Att, 192 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Iron Head

Infernape @ Life Orb
EVs: 212 Att, 44 SpA, 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Gunk Shot

This is a solid core, especially combined with spike stacking. Mega Alakazam is an incredible revenge killer, as well as hitting incredibly hard. I have it running timid, due to the core's weakness to Mega Lopunny. Infernape and Mega Alakazam are pretty weak to Lati@s, so Bisharp was added to take them on. The EVs allow it to avoid being 2HKO by any of their moves and reliably pursuit trap them. Mega Zam and Bish are somewhat weak to Bisharp and Weavile, as well as not really being able to touch Hippowdon, Ferrothorn, or Scizor, so MixApe seemed like a solid third member, being able to reliably OHKO everything (except Hippo, which is 2HKO).

Pent

dumb broad
This is my first core so please be nice o////o
+
+

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Encore
- Return / Frustration
- Power Up-Punch

Celebi @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Fire / Stealth Rock
- Psychic

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pickpocket
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick / Fake Out

Explanation:

Since my main playstyle is Hyper Offense, I absolutely love this core. It provides good offensive pressure, while still being a little bit bulky. The only problem with it being Fire types, it deals with each other's weaknesses rather well. Celebi is there to help out with setting up rocks and just busting through walls like it is nothing. When paired with a Life Orb, it greatly boosts it's wallbreaking and offensive potential. If you're lucky, you can set up a Nasty Plot on a switch. It's 36 HP Evs guarantee that it will live a Life Orb Outrage from a Jolly, fully trained in attack, Garchomp. Mega Lopunny is what truly makes this core great though. If you decide to use PuP, you can literally sweep teams, since normal Mega Lopunny isn't the best at OHKOing very much if it's not super effective, it's better to boost the attack some way shape or form. With Encore, it can mess up Pokemon like Chansey, keeping it locked into Thunder Wave while you still aren't Mega Evolved, rendering it useless and you get in a free +1. I've noticed that Mega Lopunny with PuP is rather underrated, yet it still has plenty of power as it use to. Weavile is great for priority, speed, and getting rid of items, then sometimes stealing them. Weavile is pretty much a faster, instead of bulkier and more attack based, Bisharp. It can flinch, knock off items, steal them, and be a great revenge killer. Life Orb is a requirement on it since not having it renders it not the best in fights. So together, this core works rather well.

Sorry I'm terrible at writing and ramble on too much... :s
I'd rather be coding rn tbh.

Last edited:
Literally Cancer. A trapping core.
+
+

This is a very solid (read: cancerous) offensive core in the current meta. Mega Bunny baits in tanks such as hippo and clef and mons on stall such as Skarmory and Quagsire. With baton pass, it can easily give a free switch into Gothitelle which can help break down defensive cores with its trickscarf shenanigans. Weavile can also be a great recipient of baton pass as it can help provide nice knock off or pursuit support that helps break down defensive cores. Also, due to their high speed Mega Lopunny and Weavile work excellently against offense which is also a major plus. Overall, this is a great core that does excellently against all playstyles. Take note to pack an answer to talonflame as this core is extremely weak to it.

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Power-Up Punch/ Fake Out
- Baton Pass

Gothitelle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 80 HP / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Rest
- Calm Mind
- Psychic

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)