Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

4 Attacks Latios wrecks most Steel types since people don't expect it. Usually after you hit Ferro with HP Fire, if they have a Heatran, they usually won't scout for EQ. Its a great wallbreaker/lure.

So once Lati kills steels, Clef can setup very easily.

Scizor checks Bisharp, MMeta and some Azu varients which are annoying and also appreciates Latios killing Steel types. Knock Off Can make specs keldeo less annoying cuz hasty Latios doesn't like secret swords.

Reactions: TPP

Core based on Mega Diancie. Diancie is a calm mind variant with diamond storm in order to still check Talonflame/Charizard Y note the Timid nature because Diamond storm still 1HKOs with the negative nature. The reason for Calm mind is used is because the next core member is duel screens Bronzong which 1) sets up rocks 2) sets up screens allowing Diancie much more space to set up and 3) has amazing defensive synergy covering the ground, fighting, ice, steal and kinda water weaknesses from many common meta pokemon including but not limited to the Lati twins, Garchomp, Lando T, Excadrill and Tyranitar. Diancie appreciates rocks allowing even unboosted attacks to 2HKO when unresisted. I am not using protect because in most cases Diancie can get in and set up a boost without it under screens. For the Brongzong Rocks can be subbed out for a status move or aditional coverage move depending on your team similarly for the EVs. For the final core I experimented with Dragalge which worked ok but I settled on DD Dragonite because it provides reliable priority and greatly appreciates setting up under screens. Not only that but he also provides a secondary ground immunity and a water switch in for Diancie. Mind games can also be played with Diancie's magic boucne to keep rocks of the field for Dragonite.

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Moonblast

Bronzong @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 100 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Light Screen
- Reflect

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Last edited:
Hi n_n and here it is

Cobalion + Latois + Mega Altaria :)
Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Thunder Wave

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Roost / Fire blast

The first member of the team I.e. Cobalion is quite cool , its one of the best Tank around its HP and Def combination is quite good it can take hit even from Excadrill(base atk 135 Pokemon) iron head is the stab and help to deal with fairies while close combat is awesome against steel and rock types thunder wave is used to paralyze Pokemons like Mega Alt and Serperior , Cobalion is weak to pokemons like keldeo and zard y so a cool Latios fits in the core and its pretty good it counters a few special mons while its stab draco hits damn hard , psyshock is use to deal with poison and fairy types , defog blow up hazards while roost is used for recovery, the fairy slot was Still left so I added Mega Alt its one of the best mega Mon in ou and it requires very quite team support dragon dance is the set up move while frustration is stab move , Earthquake is the move to deal with steel types like Heatran and for last slot fire blast is used to deal with sciz or and ferro while roost is there for recovery.So, at last , the team is well balanced but it can't do much to stall. Have a nice day :]…

If you saw it, then could you link it? If it does have a different mon, then I'll be fine with it as long as it's not something like Magneton over Magnezone.
In good cores it hydriegon over chomp but in my first mega alt team I used this core so I got confused O.o...

AraEDIT: Don't double post

Last edited by a moderator:

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
In good cores it hydriegon over chomp but in my first mega alt team I used this core so I got confused O.o...
I asked for the link, but don't worry I saw it. Tank Chomp and Hydreigon have different roles, especially with Garchomp being able to check Talonflame for Altaria.

Hi n_n and here it is

Cobalion + Latois + Mega Altaria :)
Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Thunder Wave

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Roost / Fire blast

The first member of the team I.e. Cobalion is quite cool , its one of the best Tank around its HP and Def combination is quite good it can take hit even from Excadrill(base atk 135 Pokemon) iron head is the stab and help to deal with fairies while close combat is awesome against steel and rock types thunder wave is used to paralyze Pokemons like Mega Alt and Serperior , Cobalion is weak to pokemons like keldeo and zard y so a cool Latios fits in the core and its pretty good it counters a few special mons while its stab draco hits damn hard , psyshock is use to deal with poison and fairy types , defog blow up hazards while roost is used for recovery, the fairy slot was Still left so I added Mega Alt its one of the best mega Mon in ou and it requires very quite team support dragon dance is the set up move while frustration is stab move , Earthquake is the move to deal with steel types like Heatran and for last slot fire blast is used to deal with sciz or and ferro while roost is there for recovery.So, at last , the team is well balanced but it can't do much to stall. Have a nice day :]…
lol your best fairy switchin in takes neutral damage and has base 72 SpDef

As a lover of the fairy type and the dragon/Fairy/Steel Core I feel like I'm obliged to post. Anyway Something I've been experimenting with recently with decent Success is a combination of Diancie, Latias and Klefki.

Sets
Heart attack (Diancie) @ Diancite
EVs: 248 SpA / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Protect

Recreant (Latias) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Unlocked (Klefki) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave

The Idea is simple cover each other until Diancie can start blowing holes in the team. Diancie hits like a truck and its typing lets it deal with the likes of talonflame and most darktypes however its pretty much frail vs everything Else which is where Klefkli and Latias Come in. Latias deals with the water, Grass, ground and some fast electrics diancie doesn't like as well as checking lopunny and supports with defog and healing wish while Klefki Spreads Paralyse's, Nails opposing fairies and sets up screens for diancie allowing her to Blow more holes in the oppenent. That said Mega Scizor and to a lesser extent Excvadrill Monster this core so bringing something to deal with them it is mandatory but aside from that the core is solid and Together all 3 Pose a massive nightmare for dragons, Darks and fighting types and can man handle a large spectrum of the meta.

My first post on this thread please excuse any mistakes :)

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
O.o , most of the fairies are physical , u can add something for special faries , what do u mean? .-.
What he's saying is that Cobalion isn't exactly a solid switch-in to Fairies who hit on the special side of the spectrum when 1. It gets hit neutrally, and 2. It's special bulk is only 91 / 72, which is below average, as it won't be able to switch in consistently to said Faries.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

This is a nice balance core that I have been using for a while. Balloontran covers Talonflame, Venusaur and Steel-types for Altaria and Clefable, while also acting as a one-time Excadrill switch-in due to its balloon. LO Clefable without Fire Blast covers Empoleon, Landorus-T and Gliscor, which are all somewhat troublesome for the other two team members.

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Earthquake

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
IVs: 0 Atk
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
IVs: 0 Atk
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Softboiled

What he's saying is that Cobalion isn't exactly a solid switch-in to Fairies who hit on the special side of the spectrum when 1. It gets hit neutrally, and 2. It's special bulk is only 91 / 72, which is below average, as it won't be able to switch in consistently to said Faries.
So read it carefully , I never wrote that cobalion counter fairies , I just wrote iron head helps to deal with fairy types :v...

Last edited:

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Grass Knot
- Ice Punch

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

So here's how the core works. M-Metagross weakens Grass, Poison, Water and Dragon types (M-Venusaur, M-Slowbro, M-Altaria, Latis, Tentacruel, Quagsire, Toxicroak...) so Azumarill can easily Belly Drum and sweep. Magnezone traps Steel types like Skarmory that threaten Azumarill and M-Metagross. The core is simple, easy to use and effective.​

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Grass Knot
- Ice Punch

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

So here's how the core works. M-Metagross weakens Grass, Poison, Water and Dragon types (M-Venusaur, M-Slowbro, M-Altaria, Latis, Tentacruel, Quagsire, Toxicroak...) so Azumarill can easily Belly Drum and sweep. Magnezone traps Steel types like Skarmory that threaten Azumarill and M-Metagross. The core is simple, easy to use and effective.​
Hello where's the dragon its dragon fairy steel -_-

+
+

Jirachi @ Expert Belt
EVs: 132 Atk / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Mild Nature
- Iron Head
- Healing Wish / Stealth Rock
- Icy Wind
- Energy Ball / Hidden Power Ground

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

Zard-X and Jirachi has decent type synergy as Jirachi can easily switch into Lati@s and Fary-types reliably while Zard-X sets up on Scizor, Skarmory and Volcarona. Offensively, Jirachi lures Landorus-T and Garchomp with Icy Wind, Water-types (read: Quagsire, Manaphy and Rotom-W) with Energy Ball or Heatran with Hidden Power Ground so that Charizard sweeps better. Plus, it can either support the team with Stealth Rock or Healing Wish, which is awesome.

Choice Band Azumarill is added to the core so that it doesn't auto-lose to Excadrill. It also hits bulky Grounds very hard and can be used as a beatstick to get Rotom-W, Slowbro and Hippowdon to low health. Azumarill also acts as a secondary Dragon-type check.

Note: I know Grass Knot hits Hippowdon harder but Rotom-W and Manaphy are important targets too.

Last edited:

Dragalge @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Ice Punch
Since Every1 kept on complaining about the 1st DFS core I posted I decided to post dis core that replaces the other core I posted. So I started with Dragalge because it has its OP Adapatability that works with DROPPING THEM DRACOS. I ran 216 speed to outspeed skarmory and bulky scizor to unleash the hp fire. However its weak to shit like ground/ psychic/ ice, etc. So I added Bronzong because it walls the crap out of psychics like mega gardevoir, jirachi, lati twins, and it has levitate to eat up them eqs n shit. Rocks is standard and toxic is to cripple mons like slowbro, mega alt with cootton guard, bulky chomp, etc. Since I was weak to dark type and fire type moves I added azumarill. Ice Punch is just a lure for venusaur(b4 it megas) and its just there to take hits and hit back hard on like weavile, dnite, excadrill, gliscor, conk, etc. 92 speed is for bulky T-tar because I don't want to get unessicary damage or crippled by shit like t-wave. HP fire on Dragalge is for shit like ferrothorn, scizor, skarmory that wall bronzong and azu.

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Venusaur: 246-290 (67.5 - 79.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So I started with Dragalge because it has its OP Adapatability that works with DROPPING THEM DRACOS.
http://teespring.com/en-GB/DropDraco#pid=2&cid=581&sid=front

Seriously though, I like the core. They cover a surprising number of each others' weaknesses. I'd personally use Jirachi>Bronzong as it suits my playstyle better+has U-Turn (and I've never had much luck with Bronzong anyway), but it fills the typing role nicely anyway. Great job :)

Goodra + Azumarill + Skarmory

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Spikes

I feel like Goodra is such a great mon because of its insane special bulk and coverage. With an Assault Vest, it literally just stops special attackers like Zard Y, Raikou, and Mega Manectric. Goodra struggles with pokemon that are strong physical attackers such as Weavile, Lando-T, and Conkeldurr. That's why Azumarill and Skarmory are on the team, because they are able to stop Goodra's threats. Skarmory has double hazard support to make it easier for Azumarill and Goodra to clean. Choice Band Azumarill hits like a truck, destroying Heatran, Weavile, or frail mons. For Goodra's moveset, I chose Thunderbolt to hit Charizard Y, which just obliterates the other two. Fire Blast deals with pesky steel types, and Sludge Wave defeats fairies, mainly Azumarill and Clefable.

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...

p simple HO core. Bisharp covers up Latios' ghost, ice and dark weakness and azu's poison, grass and steel weakness, while Latios and Azu cover up fire ground and fighting weakness. Latios also covers up Azu's Grass and electric weaknesses as well as Azu covering up Lati's dragon weakness. works well w/ CB Azu, 3 atk HP Fire lati and LO sharp.
i dont use sets
did i win yet
nah i won
I'm not allowing your core on the Voting System because of not having Movesets. If your going to say "u can't discriminate me because of that" I'm in charge of this project. I will allow your core if you give your core movesets, otherwise have a nice day.

EDIT: Movesets Added

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Grass Knot
- Ice Punch

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Your core doesn't have a Dragon Type Pokemon, your core is Fairy/Steel/Steel and not Dragon/Fairy/Steel.

Also Team Pokepals wtf bro I'm gone for a week, and this week is already a train wreck.

I'm not allowing your core on the Voting System because of not having Movesets. If your going to say "u can't discriminate me because of that" I'm in charge of this project. I will allow your core if you give your core movesets, otherwise have a nice day.

EDIT: Movesets Added

Your core doesn't have a Dragon Type Pokemon, your core is Fairy/Steel/Steel and not Dragon/Fairy/Steel.

Also Team Pokepals wtf bro I'm gone for a week, and this week is already a train wreck.
This week seemed pretty normal to me ._.

Reactions: TPP

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)