Type Splice

approved by The Immortal Eevee General

The idea behind this metagame is simple: your team can not top 25%. What is this percent, you ask? Well, types are split into divisions, and Water-types, for example, take up 16.8% of the Pokemon world. But, where does the 25% come in? Well, the 25% is the combined type coverage on your entire team. This may seem like a small number, but it's really not when looking in the big picture of things and is mainly to prevent Water- and Normal-type spam, while still giving lower types the capacity to shine. But, what about dual-typed Pokemon? Dual-typed Pokemon take on their primary types, so Wigglytuff would fall into the Normal-type category, not the Fairy-type category. You may use a team of six Water-types if you'd like, the percentage does NOT stack; this means all Water-type Pokemon count as 16.8%, not 16.8(x). They're all developed underneath this one type, not as individual stats!
  • Water-types: 16.8%
  • Normal-types: 13.2%
  • Flying-types: 12.9%
  • Grass-types: 11.7%
  • Psychic-types: 10.2%
  • Bug-types: 9.4%
  • Ground-type: 8.3%
  • Fire-types: 8%
  • Poison-types: 8%
  • Rock-types: 7.3%
  • Electric-types: 6.5%
  • Fighting-types: 6.2%
  • Dark-types: 6.1%
  • Steel-types: 5.7%
  • Dragon-types: 5.4%
  • Ice-types: 5%
  • Fairy-types: 4.8%
  • Ghost-types: 4.7%
Banlist:
  • Standard Ubers

Last edited:
I assume that the base types of Mega Pokemon are kept (I don't know if any megas change their primary type, but still).

Also, the flying-type percentage is pretty irrelevant because there are maybe two Pokemon with Flying as primary - Noivern and Tornadus (and Noibat...). That's something to consider.

My response in one word

What????

In more than one word

what does this even mean

Hmm, I'll explain as best I can. So, basically, you know how all types are split by percentages? There are 100% combined types of Pokemon, while there 16.8% of all Pokemon that are Water-types. Your team's entire Pokemon value must be under 30% combined. Like Budgetmons, in a way. Type Splice is because idk, I couldn't think of a name n_n.

Running Steel and Fairy types seems way too cheap :[
The differences between this OM and standard OU are hard to visualize :s

PS. Here is the code:

/* config/formats.js */

Code:
{
    name: "Type Splice",
    section: "Other Metagames",

ruleset: ['OU'],
    validateTeam: function (team) {
        var maxCoverage = 250;
        var coverageTable = {
            Water: 168,
            Normal: 132,
            Flying: 129,
            Grass: 117,
            Psychic: 102,
            Bug: 94,
            Ground: 83,
            Fire: 80,
            Poison: 80,
            Rock: 73,
            Electric: 65,
            Fighting: 62,
            Dark: 61,
            Steel: 57,
            Dragon: 54,
            Ice: 50,
            Fairy: 48,
            Ghost: 47
        };
        var coverage = 0;
        for (var i = 0 ; i < team.length; i++) {
            var pokemon = Tools.getTemplate(team[i].species || team[i].name);
            coverage += coverageTable[pokemon.types[0]] || 0;
        }
        if (coverage > maxCoverage) return ["Your team was rejected because their primary typing adds up to " + (coverage / 10).toFixed(1) + "% of available Pokémon. You are restricted to 25.0%."];
    }
}

Someone will have to host it in a server though.

I think the most interesting thing about this meta is that you are required to repeat a primary type - even with the six least common (actually, even with just five) types in the game, you still go over 25%. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not.

Sounds kind of like an almost-mono-type-but-not-quite effect, since engaging in too much diversity in primary typing is impossible. Not sure how interesting that is in practice.

My comments on this metagame:

1. Normal typing=BL at best. At second best it is RU. Why are you so harsh on them?
2. Fire is way more common than 8%. Between Heatran, Charizard and Talonflame, and even the 2 BL mons (Victini and Volcarona), they are common.
3. >preventing Water- and Normal-type spam
4. >You may use a team of six Water-types if you'd like
5. With a few Pokemon wit their primary typing being water, you curse them to uselessness. Now CroCune=NU, Blastoise=NU, and even Keldeo=RU.

EV

Banned deucer.
My comments on this metagame:

1. Normal typing=BL at best. At second best it is RU. Why are you so harsh on them?
2. Fire is way more common than 8%. Between Heatran, Charizard and Talonflame, and even the 2 BL mons (Victini and Volcarona), they are common.
3. >preventing Water- and Normal-type spam
4. >You may use a team of six Water-types if you'd like
5. With a few Pokemon wit their primary typing being water, you curse them to uselessness. Now CroCune=NU, Blastoise=NU, and even Keldeo=RU.
The percentages are in-game, not usage based on tiers.

Also, if you choose to use a team of 6 Water Pokemon, you risk some of the issues facing a standard Monotype team. 3-4 Waters per team with different secondary typing could work, but you'd still want to balance it out with a few other types.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)