[Uber] Drizzling Pretty Boy

Hi All

So, actually i just tried the Uber Metagame for the first time here, in the 5th Generations, hearing the +3 Tail Glow Manaphy everyone is excited about, but i'm a little disapointed to see a +3 Timid Manaphy only hit around 747 SpA. But putting that aside, because of this Manaphy, i tried to play in the Uber Tiers, getting my Ladder boosted to 30/5061 in Smogon PO, and 530/203582 in the Pokemon Online Server. Here's the Team, i'm currently trying to improve this more, so alot of criticize is welcomed :)

At a Glance

Deoxys @ Focus Sash
Traits : Pressure
Naive Nature 112 Def / 144 SpA / 252 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Shadow Ball
- Extreme Speed
Comments : A Lead that i can trust on. I am guaranteed to get Stealth Rock, and 1 Layer of Spikes (when i usually get 2 Layers of Spike, and sometimes 3 if i'm facing something nice). I Have everything under control with this Deoxys. I tried to use Deoxys A for the Entry Hazards support, but it's not effective. Deoxys - A should just remain in it's Attacking Lead potitions. I don't like Deoxys - S, since what it does is only Entry Hazards, and that's all. It can't take out Mewtwo Lead, and have a lot of problem with the other Attacking Lead with Deoxys - S. So, here it is, my super Deoxys Sure this Deoxys is not the one who can take Darkrai head on, but Kyogre will take care of it :)
The given EV is quite simple. The Spe EV is there to make Deoxys as fast as possible, when the SpA EV ensure to get 2HKO on Mewtwo, and Deoxys - S with the combinations of Shadow Ball and Extreme Speed. It also will take out the opposing Deoxys - A Lead with ease.

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Traits : Drizzle
Modest Nature 240 Hp / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
- Sleep Talk
- Boil Over
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
Comments : Maybe this EV is not some usual encounters. But this is surely an effective Sets. Kyogre's job is only to help out Deoxys's and Manaphy's job to set up. This Kyogre is my Darkrai Lead checks. When a Lead Darkrai is encountered, this Kyogre came out, and take either the Scarf Trick or the Dark Void. (depending on the situatuations). 16 EV allow me to outspeed 100 Base Speed Max EV Positive Natures when it is tricked with Scarf, when the rest is taken to HP, making it as Bulk as possible, when 252 EV is placed to it's SpA to make it's attack as powerful as possible. Zekrom is the most notable Revenge Killer of this set, so Wobuffet is there to take care of it.

Wobuffet @ Leftovers
Traits : Shadow Tag
Calm Nature 28 Hp / 228 Def / 252 SpD
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Destiny Bond
Don't ask me why, because i'm going to answer : Why Not ??
Why Destiny Bond ?? Why Not Destiny Bond ?? It help me more, to get a second kill then Safeguard. I could take any Status Conditions with Manaphy's Hydrations - Drizzle combinations, so here it is, the almight Revenge Killer, Trapper, and the Set Up Supporter. Everyone should knows what this guy is capable of doing right ? So no more comments on this guy :)

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Traits : Air Lock
Jolly Nature 40 Hp/ 252 Atk / 216 Spe
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Overheat
Comments : I used to try an Adamant Sword Dance Rayquaza in this slot, until someday, i realized that the Extreme Killer rules over the world. Yea, to honest, i got a real problem with Arceus. A seted up Arceus could easily ruin my whole game. It is capable of sweeping my entire team with just Extreme Speed. So, i tried the Jolly DD Rayquaza. If this guy is setted up, it could easily take care of Arceus, but if the Arceus is already seted up, it's my dooms day. The given speed EV allow me to outspeed every Positive Speed Nature Reshiram, and sometimes Zekrom, who attempts a revenge kill on my other Pokemon. Then, why is Earthquake not in this sets ?? It's because i need both Extreme Speed and Overhear on this sets. Overheat will get me a guaranteed KOs on Foretress, Nattorrei, and Scizor, when Earthquake don't. It also KOs most Dialga, Metagross, and the other Steel Type, which is the very reasons of Earthquake's existance.

Manaphy @ Life Orb
Traits : Hydrations
Timid Nature 40 Hp / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
- Tail Glow
- Rest
- Surf
- Ice Beam
Comments : Here is, the very reason i started my Uber Battling. 216 Timid Speed EV will get me to overspeed every Max Speed Jolly Rayquaza, and the rest remaining EV will be placed on it's bulkiness. Tail Glow's +3 on Timid will get me to a monstrous attack of 747, with boosted 50 percents surf in Rain, added with another 30% from Life Orb, it's more then enough to take out a Chansey and Blissey, the most notable Special Defense Wall in the game. Ice Beam KOes every Rayquaza, when Rest gets me a full health heal without any letdown in Rain. A very interesting Pokemon isn't it ??

Scizor @ Choice Band
Traits : Technician
Adamant 248 Hp / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Quick Attack
- U - Turn
Comments : And here, we are. Down to the last. The almighty Revenge Killer, Scouter, and Pursuit User, Scizor. Scizor is a nice partner for Rayquaza to scouts, and a very nice Pursuit user. It scouts, it revenge kills, and it wins. I bring this guy from OU just to tests it out in Ubers, and i got a real nice results. But still, it can't take care of Arceus >.<
Bullet Punch is an obvious moves here, with Technician Stab Boost Move, and Pursuit is there to take out any Low Health Mewtwo with ease, when Quick Attack take cares of Zekrom, Reshiram, and Kyogre. Super Power is not here since i don't see any use of it up till now, since most Pokemon i will try to revenge kill with got high Speed points.

Conclusions :
So here's the team, is there anyone who can help me out ??
I'm free if you want to try a test battle with it, so you could help me in improving this team, because it's only problems are : Revenge Killer Arceus. (at leats it is the only one so far)

OK, well first of all it looks as though the team has a Zekrom weakness, Scizor can maybe take a Lightning Strike but Im pretty sure it still 2HKOs, you should maybe try fitting in Ground Arceus to your team. Although you've said you prefer Destiny Bond on Wobbuffet, its real effectiveness is when it has a Custap Berry. Unfortunately this is unreleased so I think safeguard might be better on your team. Another problem I see here is that you don't have a choice scarfer. Even though Scizor hits hard as a revenge killer it wont be able to OHKO threats like Mewtwo or Darkrai with Bullet Punch. The current Kyogre set seems a little weird, I think you might be better going with Rest/Sleep Talk/Boil Over/ Calm Mind as this set is hugely feared in Wifi Ubers and should open holes in the opponents team for Manaphy to exploit. Other than this the team mostly seems quite good and utilises a lot of threats that have become less common this gen. Hopefully these changes can help your team out.

OK, well first of all it looks as though the team has a Zekrom weakness, Scizor can maybe take a Lightning Strike but Im pretty sure it still 2HKOs, you should maybe try fitting in Ground Arceus to your team. Although you've said you prefer Destiny Bond on Wobbuffet, its real effectiveness is when it has a Custap Berry. Unfortunately this is unreleased so I think safeguard might be better on your team. Another problem I see here is that you don't have a choice scarfer. Even though Scizor hits hard as a revenge killer it wont be able to OHKO threats like Mewtwo or Darkrai with Bullet Punch. The current Kyogre set seems a little weird, I think you might be better going with Rest/Sleep Talk/Boil Over/ Calm Mind as this set is hugely feared in Wifi Ubers and should open holes in the opponents team for Manaphy to exploit. Other than this the team mostly seems quite good and utilises a lot of threats that have become less common this gen. Hopefully these changes can help your team out.
Hi there j99ubers

I could easily kills Zekrom with my Rayquaza here, since it's a lot faster. I could easily OHKO it with an Outrage, without taking any damages.
For the Kyogre and Scizor, i will take your advices, trying to use the Kyogre, if it is effective, then i will go with it. And i will try some Choice Scarfer for my Revenge Killer. Maybe Skymin could works here, since it spam Hax, and Fast :)

Yea, i guess a HP Ice or HP Ground Skymin could work well here :)

Btw thanks for the Rate j99 :)

Well, with Zekrom what I meant was that scarf zekrom outruns your whole team and destroys it with Lightning Strike. You also cant switch into it at all.

With rain teams, generally one electric immune poke is needed like jj pointed out. So ground arceus would be an excellent choice for your team, perhaps over wobbs. Due to the lack of deo-s now, deo-a may be better than deo-n. You lack a solid wallbreaker for your team which may cause troubles for you against stall cores. Making rayquaza mixed may be a good idea for that and something like zekrom or mewtwo over ray mightn't be a bad idea either.

syrim

1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1
I agree with the suggestions to add in Ground Arceus, preferably over Rayquaza since it doesn't play an incredibly vital role in your team. The reason I suggest this even though you have wobbuffet to deal with zekrom, Wobb isn't going to be able to handle Zekrom with Hazards up, and because support ground arceus can provide a decent extreme killer check.
The support set should do well.

Ground Arceus
Impish
252 Hp/ 252 Def
Will-o-wisp
Earthquake
Stone edge
Recover

This set offers an excellent zekrom check, and can take a +2 Extremespeed and ruin arceus for the rest of the match. It also allows you to cripple Nattorei, one of manaphy's biggest foes.

Another options is to run a Choice Scarf Terakion set, giving you an excellent extreme killer check, and a scarfer with decent synergy with most of your sweepers. It meshes well with rayquaza, and would probably go over Scizor, who probably doesn't do all that much for your team.

Best of luck.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm seriously doubting your choice of deoxys lead, generally deoxys-a is superior for a mixed attacker/hazard layer, but you can only rely on it for SR. Normal deoxys form is pretty much just as frail, and doesn't hit as hard. If it works for you, however....

Wobuffet cannot effectively run destiny bond without custap berry. End of story.

Change your scizor build to the specially defensive uber edition, it NEEDS that sp.def to absorb power dragon attacks that run rampant in the metagame. Also, although I believe that good ubers teams should have at least one steel I feel it should take on a more defensive role, rather than a scouting role, as that role is currently usurped by scarf-zekrom to an extent which is SO much stronger, faster and bulkier, and scouts with volt change, and can even clean lategame with its incredibly powerful stab moves. You may want to consider a scarfkrom.

I really feel that in the V gen meta manaphy is not effective anymore, it isn't fast enough and there are less situational and more powerful sweepers. Psycho Break mewtwo for example, or even nitro charge reshiram, although that goes against your rain team. You may consider trying a bulky water arceus set, with calm mind, judgment and significant defensive EVs.

This still leaves you extremekiller arceus weak, and to be honest, there are few and far counters inbetween for that. The best counter is probably a defensive groudon with roar /dragon tail (but even that is severely wounded by sun boosted overheat), likewise with skarmory, and those two do not fit your team well. Normal arceus not carrying shadow force however, are manhandled by ghost arceus (although I did suggest water arceus), so perhaps a giratina would be more apt, it can burn arceus and phaze it out, also spinblocking hazards, which brings me to my next suggestion.

A nattorei as a defensive steel pivot, your team greatly needs an electric resistance / immunity, and whilst sp.def nattorei is greatly hurt by CB lightning strikes, it's far better than taking repeated volt changes to the face then getting swept lategame.

A more controversial suggestion to fix your zekrom weakness, a dugtrio, but that is highly situational and needs a team built around it. So I cannot wholeheartedly suggest it.

Currently --> Huge weaknesses to zekrom / extremekiller arceus / CMMewtwo (only possible check is your scizor if he doesn't have flamethrower (and then aura sphere still hurts) or a healthy wobby.

Zekrom checks --> Arceus ground / Steelix (lol) / Nattorei / Dugtrio (only choiced ones, any non-electric attack rapes duggy).
ES Arceus checks --> Skarm/Groud (without overheat) / Ghost arceus / Giratina (without shadow force)
CM Mewtwo checks --> Tyranitar (non-aurasphere versions) / Scarfrai, Scarfmin (shaky, with two many CMs you lose) / Specially defensive scizor (non-flamethrower versions)
DD/SD Rayquaza --> this one just popped into my head, and reminded me you have a general problem with setup sweepers due to your lack of scarfers, basically, if you misplay wobuffet or it is severely weakened you're going to have a problem. Even with stuff like RP groudon / paradancer groudon (no electric immunes = a fully paralyzed team).

ehmmmm, i think it is still illegal to have such Arceus right now ??

At least a 252Hp and 252Def Arceus can't be get legally as for now Nintendo haven't release the Azure Flute yet, so i think i can't take the Ground Arceus in for now >.<

I'm currently trying with the Mono Attacking 252Hp 252Def BOLD Kyogre with Calm Mind Res Talk Boil Over set, and it is quite nice.

I haven't met a Scarfed Zekrom yet, but i am quite concerned by that guy, maybe a Scarfed Terakion could be nice over Scizor, but is there any other recomendation from you guys ??

This gen you can fully EV level 100 pokemon so yes you can have a fully EV'd Arceus. You dont really need too much else, just add in Ground Arceus and you should be good.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Arceus is allowed with full EVs in 5th gen.

About the Ground Arceus EV spread, use 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 Spe with a Jolly nature. People keep forgetting that there are many faster Pokemon that those with Base 90s in Ubers. About your Extremekiller Arceus and Psycho Killer Mewtwo threat, I suggest that you replace Wobbuffet with Choice Scarf Terakion. It can outspeed Arceus and deal a lot of damage to it with Close Combat and likewise with Mewtwo. While not enough to kill, Scizor should be able to finish them off with Bullet Punch. Wobbuffet isn't really doing much for your team, really.

About Manaphy, I suggest you replace LO with Wacan Berry. With it, you can take a Thunder from stuff like Scarf Palkia and Latias and continue sweeping.

Rating upon request.

Hi, your team has a nice concept and I do feel that manaphy is an underrated pokemon in ubers even after the tail glow buff. Is the name from Star Driver?

As you have stated, your team is weak to the extremekiller Arceus. As the users above me have suggested, having a support ground arceus could take on the extremekiller as well as providing a good check to Zekrom. Ground arceus also helps against rp/sd Groudon, who can be troublesome for this team if wobb is down. The OU choice band Scizor set doesn't work as well in ubers since you need him to tank draco meteors so consider running a more specially defensive CB set of 200 hp/56 atk/252 spD.
You can also consider running a specially defensive nattorei with leech seed/protect/spikes/gyroball over scizor and replacing ray with a scarfpalkia. Then you can change your deoxys-n lead to deoxys-a which I highly recommend because its just...awesome.

Destiny bond on wobb without custap just doesn't work.

Rating upon request.

Hi, your team has a nice concept and I do feel that manaphy is an underrated pokemon in ubers even after the tail glow buff. Is the name from Star Driver?
yea, it is from Star Driver

I'm currently testing you guys's opinnion in PO right now, not much of results have been achieved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)