Uber tier without a Uber players.

Hello! I recently got into competitive battling a while ago, and I've been trying to make a Rain team with a few certain pokes in mind. Specifically, Scarfed Kyogre, and Electric type Arceus.

After tons of trial and error, I'm not exactly very close.

This is the team I have now, and I've been dying to get someone to give me pointers on it.

BigWhale (Kyogre) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Surf

This is a bread and butter set for Kyogre. The idea for this set is simple. The enemy team at the start of the match is a brick wall. Use wallbreakers to rip gaping holes into the brick wall, and tear it down with Kyogre. It's self-explanatory why I have Timid nature, to outspeed other Kyogres and base 90 Scarfers without a speed-boosting nature.

Fortress (Forretress) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

The EVs are pretty self-explanatory. A physically defense Forretress gets 3HKOed by most Deoxys-S, and it allows me to have a pretty good shot at getting my hazards up. My problem with Forretress is that it doesn't get up hazards that well. I have no idea what to do with this thing, the only reason Forry is here is because I needed something to tank Outrages.

WaterDragon (Palkia) @ Lustrous Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Spacial Rend
- Thunder

This Palkia is mainly here to act as a damaging poke. It hits the metagame pretty hard with its STAB moves, which is always a nice thing to have. However, I'm thinking about changing the item to Scarf, to kill Dragon Dance Rayquaza, along with other things. I also have nothing against Extreme Killer Arceus, so I'm wondering if I should do something about this Palkia.

Zappy (Arceus-Electric) @ Zap Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Recover
- Ice Beam

BoltBeam +1. That is Arceus-Electric in a nutshell. Arceus-Electric has outstanding coverage with this set, and with one or two Calm Mind boosts, he can slaughter whole teams with ease, as long as they don't have something like Shaymin-S or Darkrai to ruin your day with. But with them out of the way, you can demolish teams with Thunder. The reason I use Arceus-Electric instead of Thunderus, is because of the bulk. It is damn near impossible to one-shot Arceus without a Super Effective move. Which means easy set-ups.

DNA-A (Deoxys-Attack) @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 SDef / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Naive Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Dark Pulse

My backup sweeper. I can't really do much to Scarfers, but I can Toxic and wear down Special ones with Chansey, so if their Scarfers are physical, I need to do something like, revenge kill with Scarf Ogre. However, if I get rid of the Scarfer early in the game, I freaking dare you to stand a chance against this thing without outspeeding me. Want an example of the power? Hello, 252 HP Groudon! How do you do? Psycho Boost! It's a guaranteed OHKO on Groudon, and it can destroy Chansey with Superpower.

Blob (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic

Wish passing is why I use this, outside of the obvious reason of walling special attackers. I can even survive physical attacks pretty easily. If people think my Kyogre can't rush their teams anymore due to being low on health, if they switch after my Wish, predicting a Protect, I switch to something low on health, usually my Kyogre, and eat their team for breakfast like a sandwich. Sound farfetched? http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-45257800

I still am not satisfied with this team. The main things I want to fix are Forretress, and Palkia, but I can change other things if neccessary.

Hi this really isn't really a rate, but here goes.

You might want to replace forretress for Jirachi, as it can provide better utility.
The set is specially defensive, and can cripple threats and then hax it to death.
Specially DefensiveLeftoversCareful / Sassy
Moveset
~ Iron Head
~ Body Slam / Thunder / Thunder Wave
~ Wish
~ Protect / U-turn / Stealth Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe

Toxic can be replaced with aromatheraphy so your team has a cleric on chansey.

As for palkia you should replace it with ZEKROM .
TailwindLife OrbJolly
MovesetEVs
~ Tailwind
~ Outrage
~ Bolt Strike
~ Focus Blast 252 Atk / 252 SAtk / 4 HP

This moveset helps to overcome dialga which otherwise walls your team without deoxys A

Ok, you have ScarfOgre + CM Arceus-Electric. Kyogre is a must, because Arceus can use its 100% accurate Thunder.
Let's look at this core's weaknesses:
-Toxic Chansey/Blissey
-CM Latias
-Ferrothorn is troublesome, even if Arceus wins 1 on 1
-Offensive Groudon (if sun is up, then your arceus cannot sweep with 50% accurate Thunder)
-Phazing Dialga

A mixed Dialga can really help to weaken these threats, it OHKO Groudon on the switch, while roasting Ferrothorn with Fire Blast regardless of the weather, and using Outrage against Chansey and Latias.
Terrakion destroys Chansey, Ferrothorn and Dialga; offensive Groudon and Latias aren't that good at absorbing Close Combats, due to the lack of recovery or low defense stat.

Dialga@Life Orb
252Atk/252SpAtk/4Spe
Rash Nature
-Draco Meteor
-Outrage
-Fire Blast
-Thunder (or something like Earthquake, since you already have 2 thunder users)

This Dialga over Deoxys

Terrakion@Choice Scarf
4HP/252Atk/252Spe
Jolly Nature
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-X-Scissor
-Rock Slide

If you add Terrakion to your team, change Kyogre to a bulky set, it will help you keep the rain up.

Note: giving Forretress both SR and Spikes puts too much pressure on him IMO, you should give SR to someone else

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)