1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Ubers CCAT: Stage 3 - Teammates

Discussion in 'BW Ubers' started by Furai, Nov 4, 2011.

?

Vote!

1. Stall Mewtwo

7.1%
  2. Baton Pass Mew

1.8%
  3. Deoxys-A

33.9%
  4. Substitute + Swords Dance Garchomp

12.5%
  5. Bulk Up Dialga

1.8%
  6. Darkrai

14.3%
  7. Substitute + Leech Seed Shaymin-S

7.1%
  8. Choice Specs Arceus

1.8%
  9. Calm Mind Dark Arceus

3.6%
  10. Calm Mind Electric Arceus

1.8%
  11. Nasty Plot Thundurus

5.4%
  12. Choice Band Zekrom

8.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. polop

polop
    is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Well actually... Omastar blows 80% into Ferrothorn that try walling it, can revenge Exkiller at +2 since it OHKOes it with HPUMP after rocks to those that invest 132 evs in HP while ARceus does a trollish 40% percent back. In fact all the Pokes you listed don't even want to switch into Omastar after (not while or before) it smashes lol.

Omastar gets Shell Smash which enables it to sweep really nicely. If it dies in the process Deoxys-a can finish the job up. I think thats what qualifies it a spot over anything else. Mixdra does the same but we can replace Oma over terra while still not fearing Arceus sweeps :P.
  2. Furai

Furai wellfare
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

I've tested for a while Kabutops over Terrakion, and it does seem like the better option.
    Swords Dance worked very well, but since our team is very Spikes weak, I went with Rapid Spin and Choice Band, so both Deoxys-A and Kabutops will wallbreak for eachother.

Team Right Now (open)

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Drizzle
    EVs: 64 HP / 252 SAtk / 192 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Water Spout
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunder

Deoxys-A @ Life Orb
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 12 Atk / 252 SAtk / 244 Spd
    Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
    - Psycho Boost
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Superpower
    - Shadow Ball

Kabutops (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Swift Swim
    EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Rapid Spin
    - Stone Edge
    - Waterfall
    - Low Kick

Wobbuffet (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Shadow Tag
    EVs: 28 HP / 228 Def / 252 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Encore
    - Mirror Coat
    - Counter
    - Safeguard

Dialga @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 92 SAtk / 140 SDef / 24 Spd
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Roar
    - Fire Blast

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Recover
    - Judgment
    - Focus Blast

gogogogogogo
  3. Electro Gypsy

Electro Gypsy

Are you sure Ghostceus needs to run WoW anymore? E Killer seems like it has 0 room to ever set up an SD. Perish Song may be a worthy option if bulky CM ogre manages to be last mon. CM might be nice too, since this team easily removes Darkrai, the blobs, and has a solid check to Ho Oh in Kabutops. Adamant is an option on Kabutops too, since im pretty sure it can outspeed Scarf Palkia, unless its Jolly for Scarf Skymin.
  4. Furai

Furai wellfare
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Alright, I'm going to make this point clear since I was asked on mIRC about this as well:

You can, and should, make any neccessary changes that you think that should be made, test them, and come back with results that will be put up for discussion.

I will test both Perish Song and CM on Ghostceus, and as for Kabutops I went for Jolly and 176 Speed EVs as it lets you outspeed +1 base 110s by 3 points.
  5. Go10

Go10 Storm Vanguard !

I dont understand why you're using Kabutops, in Bander which is even worse. Thanks to that, Rayquaza walk through the team easily, you should remove it, he doesnt fit the team at all. Also, I dont see the point of using Wobbuffet, yeah he remove scarfer but well, I've the feeling he waste a slot, we better just wall these things by switching around (Hell, there is only Kyogre and Palkia who are extremely common in scarf, its not like we dont think about them when we're building a team).
  6. Furai

Furai wellfare

Wobbuffet hasn't been doing a lot from what I experienced during the testings., so I suppose ot could be replaced. The question that remains is by who. Maybe a Spinner to free up the slot on Kabutops, or perhaps a Spiker like Ferrothorn. I'll brainstorm along, until then keep these posts coming~
  7. Electro Gypsy

Electro Gypsy

Kabutops had its share of issues, but it was certainly better than Terrakion. Wobb use really lays in the player. Its a pokemon you have to get used to using. Its great against both offensive and defensive pokemon. The safeguard variant we're using is better for stuff like DD Rayquaza Double Dancer Terrakion, Double Dance Groudon, and SD Dragon Arceus. I believe a Tickle variant might be useful along side a strong user of Pursuit like Scizor. Scizor also somewhat helps with the Rayquaza issue, doing a meaty 60% to 4/0 Ray.
  8. Furai

Furai wellfare

I honestly didn't understand what you said Gypsy; I think that Wobbuffet is currently partly useless for our team. If we do use Scizor like you said, the only spot is over Wobbuffet, which really explains why it should be replaced.
  9. Furai

Furai wellfare

This has been dead for quite a long time now; revive this please.
  10. locoghoul

locoghoul

I say let's focus on either Darkrai or Skymin (3rd choice goes to Zekrom)
  11. Furai

Furai wellfare

Are you calling a full-revamp, loco? Because if so we already have some plans.
  12. polop

polop
    is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

NO NOT ANOTHER SWEEPER PLEASE DEO-A was torture (excuse the caps). I say we sub wobba for Scizor in order to get dragon resist (since we already agreed the blue-blob-who-must-not-be-named sucks) and free switches via U-turn :D. Can also pursuit Gira-o when its about to die :P (who is major deo-a annoyance).

If we do go for another mon I say we do BU Dialga, or a new vote (CB Ferro anyone? Chesto Resto Ogre sounds fun too!)!
  13. locoghoul

locoghoul

The thread hasn't seen much updates, has it? I guess either ppl lost interest or they ran out of ideas. Maybe with other pokes it will be easier to create a team, I don't know. I was just suggesting but if you have other plans then go for it. Better to have some activity (even if it's not the original thought) than no activity at all.
  14. shrang

shrang Defend the Headquarters of Revolution
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Yeah, this seems to have hit a massive road-block. I'd just suggest that we get people submit in their own teams, we vote for our favourite, and then fine-tune that one with some laddering and threat eliminating.
  15. Furai

Furai wellfare

I'm all for this; seems like the only way to revive this CCAT.

I've already submitted the team I use, so let's go people - submit your teams!
  16. shrang

shrang Defend the Headquarters of Revolution
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Yeah well, I've submitted the team that I've used earlier, but I'll put it here:

Bronzong @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Gyro Ball
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Toxic

Zekrom @ Leftovers
    Trait: Teravolt
    EVs: 252 Atk / 200 SAtk / 56 Spd
    - Thunder Wave
    - Bolt Strike
    - Draco Meteor
    - Volt Switch

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Thunder
    - Fire Blast
    - Spacial Rend
    - Surf

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 200 HP / 56 Atk / 252 SDef
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - U-turn
    - Bullet Punch
    - Pursuit
    - Superpower

Arceus @ Silk Scarf / Lum Berry
    Trait: Multitype
    EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Shadow Claw
    - Earthquake

Deoxys-A @ Life Orb
    EVs: 12 Atk / 252 SAtk / 244 Spd
    - Psycho Boost
    - Superpower
    - Shadow Ball
    - ExtremeSpeed
  17. Furai

Furai wellfare

Okay guys, I'm sorry it didn't work out. I have learned my lesson to keep the CCAT high all the time, and for the next time I will do it better.

However, I hope that you guys learned to not ditch the CCAT in the middle of its progress, as it simply kills it.

Bojangles started a new one with a great niche, go check it out!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)