Ubers n00b needs help(RMT)

Introduction:
Hello everyone and thanks for taking your time in reading my first Ubers RMT. I have been hovering around 1600 with this team and I really want to get around 1750-1800. I haven’t played much Ubers before this and never really seriously tried to get into it but as I played the meta more I found it really fun so I want to get more involved.
I am open to any and all suggestions as I am still learning this metagame.

The Team:

Kyogre @ Choice Specs
Nature: Modest
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 Hp, 252 Spa, 4 Spe
Thunder/Water Spout/Ice Beam/Surf

To be honest Kyogre is really the only reason I got into Ubers. Nothing is more fun than hitting something with a full power choice specs water spout in the rain.
Usually I lead with Kyogre or Landours. Kyogre gets rain up so I can keep opposing weather(mainly Groudon) off the field from the start of the match. Kyogre also usually deals a lot of damage right at the start which helps a lot.
I went with these Evs as it allows me to hit the hardest I can while still absorbing a hit or two.
Kyogre is my instant offense on this team. It hits hard and is a useful switch into a lot of common pokes in Ubers and can break down a lot of walls. A key part of my team.

Deoxys D @ Leftovers
Nature: Calm
Ability: Pressure
Evs: 252 Hp, 252 Spdef, 4 Spe
Spikes/Taunt/Recover/Toxic

Deoxys D is my special defense tank and useful pivot. It can come in on a lot of powerful pokes and recover off the damage, lay down spikes or spread some toxic around. It is also a useful stall breaker throughout the game and its spikes help out my over offensive pokes on the team.
These Evs help me to take as much punishment on the spdef side as I can.
Deoxys D is a useful switch in to most situations and helps me stop stall from wearing down my team.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Intimidate
Evs: 4 Hp, 252 Atck, 252 Spe
U-Turn/Earthquake/Stone Edge/ Superpower

Landorus-T is my revenge killer and scout. Sometimes I lead with him so I can scout out move sets or counter opposing leads by switching out with U-Turn. EQ is needed for stab and the rest of the moves fill out coverage.
The Evs here are self-explanatory. I decided to go with Jolly over Adamant as it sit at an awkward speed tier and I need all the speed I can use to beat 90 base scarfer that run a positive speed nature.
Even with just scarf this guy packs a punch. Sometimes I can even save him for late game and pull of a cleanup sweep with him.
Landorus is my only physical threat so I have to play him carefully. Overall Landorus is a useful poke to this team as it helps me keep offensive momentum through U-Turn.

Giritina @ Leftovers
Nature: Careful
Ability: Pressure
Evs: 252 Hp, 252 Spdef, 4 Spe
Rest/Sleep Talk/ Will-O-Wisp/Dragon Tales

Giritina is my phaser and status absorber. He is a safe switch into a lot of moves and counters a lot of the common special attackers. Pretty much any poke that doesn’t have a physical ice or dragon move is a safe switch. Giritina is also useful to spread burns around which cripples a lot of pokes that would otherwise give me trouble such as rock polish Groudon, swords dance Arceus and fighting mons.
Overall Giritina is a critical part of the team and sometimes wins me games.

Arceus-Electric @ Zap Plate
Nature: Timid
Ability: Multitype
Evs: 4 Hp, 252 Spa, 252 Spe
Thunder/Ice Beam/Recover/Calm Mind

Arceus is without a doubt the MVP of this team. Nice natural bulk allows me some safe switch ins on choice locked thunders and weaker attacks.
I try and save him for late game after the opposing team has already been damaged a little bit from spikes/sr and my other offensive threats. A couple of calm minds is all Arceus needs to wreck shit.
Arceus really keeps this team together and takes full advantage of the rain Kyogre provides.

Foretress @ Custap Berry
Nature: Lax
Ability: Sturdy
Evs: 252 Hp, 4 Atk, 252 Def

Volt Switch/Stealth Rock/Rapid Spin/Earthquake
Foretress is my spinner and stealth rocker. Usually Foretress only lasts a few turns and this is why I use custap berry to ensure I can spin and get rocks up.
Volt Switch is a really good move on Foretress and helps me scout out the opposing team some while keeping momentum.
Foretress is probably my weakest member as he only lasts for 2 turns most of the time but his rapid spin is critical to the team.

Here are some pokes I am having troubles with:
Rayquaza: This guy is a beast. If it gets 2 dragon dances up I can’t out speed with Landorus. I have to hope I have Foretress alive but even then V-Create hurts a lot or I can burn it with Giritina or dragon tail it out. This is definitely the biggest problem to my team as will-o-miss is shaky and Giritina can’t take two outrages.

Blissey: If Landorus is down this thing is very hard to breakthrough unless it’s the last poke up and I can get a toxic on it.

Kyogre: If it is choice locked and can predict my switches than it is sure to take out at least one of my pokes. I have to play this carefully otherwise it rips through my team.

Darkrai: This poke is really annoying if it’s the dark void/sub/nasty plot/dark pulse set. I switch Giritna in for the sleep and I can either sleep talk or switch to Landorus either of which gets screwed over by substitute.

Thundurs: If it is a thunder wave set than it will paralyze Kyogre or Arceus which makes it hard to pull off a sweep later.

These are just the pokemon I remember facing that given me trouble. I am sure there are more pokes out there that can destroy my team so if you notice any please comment. This list may be updated.

Thanks for your time once again.

Importable in case you for some reason want to use this team
Kyogre @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Surf

Deoxys-Defense @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Recover

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Giratina @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Tail
- Will-O-Wisp

Arceus-Electric @ Zap Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Thunder
- Calm Mind

Forretress @ Custap Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Gyro Ball

You'd be swept by an Excadrill once the weather war is won. And if your Landorus is dead.
And having 3 special attackers and 1 physical isn't recommended. I would recommend 2 of each.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi Mr Pooh, nice team! I like the unconventional use of Deoxys-D and Arceus-Electric.

Your team is very weak to Darkrai and ExtremeKiller Arceus. Darkrai can set up on any of your team members and sweep your team with Dark Pulse since Forretress is your only resist (and it really can't tank it at +2), while EKiller can bulldoze through everything in your team if it carries Earthquake. Hence I recommend Scarf Terrakion over Landorus-T. While Lando-T boasts more power, Terrakion has much more speed allowing you to revenge threats such as Mewtwo. Its typing also allows you to check Arceus since it outspeeds and isn't KO'd by +2 Extremespeed. It also allows you to check Darkrai with Sleep Talk, and outspeed DD Rayquaza at +1

Next, I feel like your team doesn't need Forretress and its rapid spinning duties since nothing on your team is weak to rocks. Thus I recommend replacing it with specially defensive Ferrothorn to help you with hazards and check Kyogre better. Since you now have another special wall, you should change your Deoxys-D to a physically defensive set.

Sets:

Deoxys-D @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
-Stealth Rock
-Taunt
-Night Shade / Toxic
-Recover

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
-Spikes
-Thunder Wave
-Leech Seed
-Power Whip

Yeah screw 0 speed IVs and Sassy. Idk why I put that down

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Soe
Jolly Nature
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-X-Scissor
-Sleep Talk

Good luck with the team, hope I helped!

I think you are role stacking a lot with Forretress and Deoxys-D. Make the terrakion replacement and consider using Life Orb Palkia over Forretress.

First off thanks for all of the input it is much appreciated.
I am going to try the changes recommended by scorpo as I have been thinking about Terakion for a while and Ferrothorn makes sense. I will get back to you guys later because atm I am very busy so Ill get more in depth soon.
Thanks again

You'd be swept by an Excadrill once the weather war is won. And if your Landorus is dead.
And having 3 special attackers and 1 physical isn't recommended. I would recommend 2 of each.
pls dont listen to this guy

he has no idea what he is talking about oO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)