Ultimate phazing team

Ladies and gentlemen, my first successful team and the best one.

First of all, this is probably going to piss people off. I have been sworn at so many times, of course I shrug it off. Here we go, the strategy is fairly simple. Get up all hazards you can probably get up then Cosmic power up and roar, roar roar your opponent away.

Dialga @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Roar
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Tail

My physical wall, watch out for: Groudon, darkrai, mewtwo, ho-ho. They can all learn Earthquake or a powerful fighting move. Focus blast, aura sphere, earthquake other than that you can take atleast three hits from most pokemon.

Arceus @ Leftovers
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Refresh
- Cosmic Power
- Roar

The ultimate phazer. I invest in speed so he can outspeed a large portion of threats. Cosmic power is so over power. Refresh and recover is better than rest and sleep talk in my opinion.
I do realise he's taunt bait, but in ubers taunt isn't all that common. And whenever I do get taunted, most taunters are frail. I switch out to either Dialga or Giratina depending if they're special attackers or physical attackers.

Giratina @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Roar
- Sleep Talk

Special wall. Pretty basic, he's also a powerful dragon tail(er). Giratina, being my favorite of the creation trio is also by my opinion. I do realise I'm supposed to have three lines of info. But it's all pretty basic. Darkrai kinda shits on Giratina aswell, but because of Giratinas great stats and typing. Nothing else kills it, you might think Mega-gengar kills him but 3-2 dragontails + hazard damage finishes off M-gengar.

Smeargle (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

Spore and taunt. I'm sure everybody can relate to how annoying Smeargle is. Just get up as many Spikes & T-spikes you can. He does not appreciate Deoxys-S fearing the taunt. So what I usually do is to lead with Giratina if I see deoxys-S in the team preview, since it's so darn frail.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet pull
EVs: 252 Def / 248 HP / 8 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Magic Coat

My trapper, ferrothorn and darkrai are the biggest threats to this team. you need to kill ferrothorn immediatly. Same with darkrai. He might also be the one pokemon that you can actually fodder, I'm looking for replacements.

Forretress @ Red Card
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
My lead, since SR is the most important things for phazing. no matter what your opponent does (except) taunting you, you'll be able to set up stealth rocks. I also prefer to have him asleep if the opponent leads with darkrai...

Leave feed back :) this is my first post so tell me if you do anything wrong :)

Threats:

Darkrai:
Darkrai's speed and dark/fighting coverage destroys my hole team. I'd always suggest you'd dragon tail him to death.

This team is close to unbeatable 46/50 wins roughly. 3 of them were because of getting swept by Darkrai and one from a ferrothorn with rocky helmet before I had Magnezone.

Last edited:
Not to be a backseat mod or anything, but you need more information on those mons. These threads generally get locked if they don't provide at least 3 lines of info per mon (generally more, so you can explain why you chose each mon beyond "this move is good.") They also usually let you rewrite the OP and send it to them, then they can reopen the thread.

But anyways, I'd add some more information on your team. For example, why run Forretress the way you do? What led to his moveset and item? Try applying that to each mon on your team so people can get a better idea of your team-building thought process.

I have a few tips for your team (though I'm primarily an OU player,) but I'll edit this post when I have my thoughts formulated fully. I just wanted to get this information out more quickly.

EDIT: I'd like to know how this team has been faring on the ladder, ratings-wise. How high up on the ladder are you getting with this? How are all your team members faring?

A little bit on individual team members:

• Dialga- I'm personally hesitant to use RestTalk sets as a whole because they aren't really reliable. In my experience they let me down more often than not. Having a 2/3 chance to phaze is kind of neat, but you don't have any options against more powerful threats nor any utility outside of phazing. The 1/3 chance to just not do anything is also a total letdown (especially since you're gonna want to Sleep Talk a lot.) Just make sure RestTalk is a better fit for your team than, say, a bulky pivot with Stealth Rock, a phasing move and a few attacks. Also keep in mind that Dragon Tail flat-out fails on Fairy-types, namely Xerneas.
  • Arceus- Your last Pokemon was pretty big Taunt bait because the only move that isn't blocked by it is Dragon Tail. Arceus is worse in this respect because he has literally no options if Taunted. Besides Taunt, he does have some merit as a Cosmic Power user because his phazing move is faster than most, if not all, realistic phazing threats. Defensive boosting is often disregarded due to the ease with which a quick Roar can end it. Still, seeing as Taunt just flat-out ends this Arceus, I'd say you need Return somewhere in there just so you don't have to Struggle. Also, while Cosmic Power may be neat to ensure things can't break through Arceus without crits, your team would probably appreciate more support in the form of Will-O-Wisp, Reflect, or another status move.
  • Giratina- A third Taunt-bait Pokemon, though to be fair Giratina is more built for a RestTalk set than Dialga. I wouldn't necessarily bother with two RestTalk phasers though, especially since we're only through half of your team and everyone we covered can be made a non-issue by Taunt. If you decide to change one of your RestTalkers, change Dialga. Giratina can be made for either physical or special walling if you so desire, and is much better at the job than Dialga.
  • Smeargle- There's a reason this thing was RU last gen. Against a good player, you'll get maybe two or three layers of hazards, then be down a Pokemon. Worse yet is you aren't using it as a lead. Even if you were though, he just goes down so quickly. He can't switch into anything really, and there are better hazard setters all over the place in Ubers. I can't really justify this guy's usage. (P.S.- That's 4 for 4 in terms of Pokemon who are useless against Taunt.)
  • Magnezone- Standard Ferrothorn isn't OHKO'd by HP Fire from this Magnezone. All-out physical defense Ferrothorn are, but better players will use Ferrothorn understanding that Ubers has far more special attackers than physical. Beyond that, unless something is really weak to that (not all that strong,) HP Fire or you're able to Magic Coat correctly, there's another Taunt-weak mon. In addition, having a 4x weak to Ground mon on a team with no Ground resists or immunities is highly questionable. It might be a good idea to find another way to deal with Ferrothorn. It also isn't a full-stop to Darkrai, who isn't close to OHKO'd by HP Fire, isn't trapped and has options other than Dark Voiding while you Magic Coat.
  • Forretress- And that's another Taunt-bait. Get rid of at least one of those hazards and use Volt Switch. That will give you more options.

Last edited:
Not to be a backseat mod or anything, but you need more information on those mons. These threads generally get locked if they don't provide at least 3 lines of info per mon (generally more, so you can explain why you chose each mon beyond "this move is good.") They also usually let you rewrite the OP and send it to them, then they can reopen the thread.

But anyways, I'd add some more information on your team. For example, why run Forretress the way you do? What led to his moveset and item? Try applying that to each mon on your team so people can get a better idea of your team-building thought process.

I have a few tips for your team (though I'm primarily an OU player,) but I'll edit this post when I have my thoughts formulated fully. I just wanted to get this information out more quickly.

EDIT: I'd like to know how this team has been faring on the ladder, ratings-wise. How high up on the ladder are you getting with this? How are all your team members faring?

A little bit on individual team members:

• Dialga- I'm personally hesitant to use RestTalk sets as a whole because they aren't really reliable. In my experience they let me down more often than not. Having a 2/3 chance to phaze is kind of neat, but you don't have any options against more powerful threats nor any utility outside of phazing. The 1/3 chance to just not do anything is also a total letdown (especially since you're gonna want to Sleep Talk a lot.) Just make sure RestTalk is a better fit for your team than, say, a bulky pivot with Stealth Rock, a phasing move and a few attacks. Also keep in mind that Dragon Tail flat-out fails on Fairy-types, namely Xerneas.
  • Arceus- Your last Pokemon was pretty big Taunt bait because the only move that isn't blocked by it is Dragon Tail. Arceus is worse in this respect because he has literally no options if Taunted. Besides Taunt, he does have some merit as a Cosmic Power user because his phazing move is faster than most, if not all, realistic phazing threats. Defensive boosting is often disregarded due to the ease with which a quick Roar can end it. Still, seeing as Taunt just flat-out ends this Arceus, I'd say you need Return somewhere in there just so you don't have to Struggle. Also, while Cosmic Power may be neat to ensure things can't break through Arceus without crits, your team would probably appreciate more support in the form of Will-O-Wisp, Reflect, or another status move.
  • Giratina- A third Taunt-bait Pokemon, though to be fair Giratina is more built for a RestTalk set than Dialga. I wouldn't necessarily bother with two RestTalk phasers though, especially since we're only through half of your team and everyone we covered can be made a non-issue by Taunt. If you decide to change one of your RestTalkers, change Dialga. Giratina can be made for either physical or special walling if you so desire, and is much better at the job than Dialga.
  • Smeargle- There's a reason this thing was RU last gen. Against a good player, you'll get maybe two or three layers of hazards, then be down a Pokemon. Worse yet is you aren't using it as a lead. Even if you were though, he just goes down so quickly. He can't switch into anything really, and there are better hazard setters all over the place in Ubers. I can't really justify this guy's usage. (P.S.- That's 4 for 4 in terms of Pokemon who are useless against Taunt.)
  • Magnezone- Standard Ferrothorn isn't OHKO'd by HP Fire from this Magnezone. All-out physical defense Ferrothorn are, but better players will use Ferrothorn understanding that Ubers has far more special attackers than physical. Beyond that, unless something is really weak to that (not all that strong,) HP Fire or you're able to Magic Coat correctly, there's another Taunt-weak mon. In addition, having a 4x weak to Ground mon on a team with no Ground resists or immunities is highly questionable. It might be a good idea to find another way to deal with Ferrothorn. It also isn't a full-stop to Darkrai, who isn't close to OHKO'd by HP Fire, isn't trapped and has options other than Dark Voiding while you Magic Coat.
  • Forretress- And that's another Taunt-bait. Get rid of at least one of those hazards and use Volt Switch. That will give you more options.

Keep in mind I usually go all out until Forretress & Smeargle are dead, before I go into arceus and just start cosmic powering up. Xerneas can't handle that.

What exactly does this team do the last mon surviving? It looks like it does nothing, especially if they have some form of recovery, togekiss for example can just roost while it's getting phazed in as is completely immune to toxic spikes and dragon tail, skarmory can taunt and basically you rage quit since you can do nothing to it, not to mention they both have defog, hell anything with defog and taunt wrecks this team and well I guess it just proves the skill level of your opponents if not one person is using either.

In case Arceus fails have a backup win condition. Something that can OHKO most weakened Pokemon while also being fast enough, so maybe try a Palkia over Dialga.

Also Sub > Refresh on Arceus. Deo-S also needs to be here. Bad as it is it's perfect for this kind of thing. Seeing as Forre and Smeargle are doung the same thing replace 1 (99% Smeargle)

What exactly does this team do the last mon surviving? It looks like it does nothing, especially if they have some form of recovery, togekiss for example can just roost while it's getting phazed in as is completely immune to toxic spikes and dragon tail, skarmory can taunt and basically you rage quit since you can do nothing to it, not to mention they both have defog, hell anything with defog and taunt wrecks this team and well I guess it just proves the skill level of your opponents if not one person is using either.
Aha, thanks for the feedback :)
Yeah, I was looking for a replacement for magnezone. However, the team does seem to fare really well, I honestly suggest you try it out.

I think you should change Smeargle to Yeltval or however you spell it, you get a faster pokemon with better bulk, access to taunt and reliable recovery. It can also help clean up whatever mons managed to survive.

Should look something like this

EV: 252 sp atk, 252 speed, 4 filler with a timid nature and LO

Oblivion Wing
Dark Pulse/Focus Blast
Roost
Taunt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)