"Unable to launch application"

So... I downloaded the client from an admin account and tested that it is functional on that account and it worked out perfectly fine. I could make a team and battle people.

However, switching to my user account, I try to run the client and after a little bit of loading from Java 6, I get a pop-up saying "Unable to launch application".

After the program finishes downloading, you will be presented with a warning dialogue. This dialogue is simply asking for permission to run the program as a normal application program, as opposed to a typical Java applet running in a sandbox. It it not asking for anything above the privileges of your user account. In particular, it is not asking to run as an administrator. (Shoddy Battle does not require that you are an administrator.) If you are fine with running the program, choose Run.
According to this, I shouldn't need to use an admin account to run the program. I've already looked through the help threads, but cannot find an answer. How can I fix this problem? (I'm using Windows XP, btw.)

Thanks! All help appreciated.

I'm having the same problem too. I'm running vista, and shoddy has worked fine on my computer for a few months. I tried to log in today and had the same problem, but mine wouldn't log in on my admin account either. Have you found any troubleshooting websites or something to help make it work?

Edit: Follow this link > http://www.java.com/en/download/help/5000020300.xml

Follow the instructions there. If that still doesn't work then I just reinstalled Java and Shoddy Battle and now it works fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)