SM UU Unaware to Haters

Mac3

im reminded theres no finer place to kiss
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Unaware to Haters

I started this team with me wanting to make a fun team utilizing two Unaware mons in Clefable and Quagsire. This core almost stops every set-up sweeper in the metagame except maybe SD Toxic Gliscor and mons with Mold Breaker. This is also my first RMT of 2017 and of Gen 7. Enjoy!

Started with this core as I wanted to make a fun stall team while also beating almost every set-up sweeper in the tier. Quagsire beats most Steel and Poison set-up sweepers while Clefable beats almost all Grass set-up sweepers. This core also gives me a Dragon resist and a Electric resist which are crucial to stall teams, so they dont just get run over by Devastating Drake or Gigavolt Havoc.

I then wanted to add Blissey as it is central to almost all stall teams by being able to check every single only special attacker if at a high enough HP (Specia attacker not having boosts). It also gives my team rocks and has a interesting set as you will see in the in-depth description.

I then added a solid regen core of Alomomola + Amoonguss. This gives my team Wish support and a way of beating Raikou if it has HP Grass over HP Ice. Alomomola gives my team a 2nd fire resist if Quagsire is low on HP. I also use Amoonguss if i need to put a dangerous set-up sweeper to sleep with Spore.

I then needed hazard control so I chose to add Forretress as this also gives me a Steel type which many stall teams use and it also is good as I can pressure the opposing team with Spikes. This gives me another fire weakness but I have 2 resists so I think it is fine.

In-Depth

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
Clefable is the cleric of the team which is huge for any stall team as otherwise you lose if the opposing team has Status. This EV spread lets Clefable live a Poison Jab after rocks from Haxorus while investing the rest into SpDef. This way is better than the other way you can do it ( 248 HP / 80+ Def / 180 SpD ) with the latter one getting 4 less SpDef than the former one.

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

Quagsire is the other Unaware mon being able to check Bisharp and Scizor which are the best pokemon right now in the metagame. It also checks Cobalion and physical Poison types. Quagsire has Toxic over Curse to be able to beat Unaware CM Clefable 1v1 as Blissey doesn't.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature

- Calm Mind
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Shadow Ball
Blissey serves as my team's rocker while also providing a crucial role which is why I have the weird set. this set beats SubCM Chandelure which would be hard to deal with as Chandelure could just power through my Unaware mons because of its high SpAtk.

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
Alomomola is my main source of WishPass while also being able to deal with many Steel and Fire types at +2 while firing off some Scalds to hope for burns. This is also usually what I send in on Scizor as then if Scizor goes for U-Turn after I switch out i barely take any damage if any thanks to Regenarator.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature

- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Clear Smog
Amoonguss forms the 2nd part of my Regencore of Amoonguss + Alomomola. This mon I send in on Volt Switch to absrb it then be able to pivot out barely taking any damage. Amoonguss also gains access to Spore which is good if I'm desperate and need to put a set-up sweeper to sleep.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature

- Spikes
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin
- Heavy Slam
Forretress is my way of removing hazards from the field which should be on almost all teams. It also functions as a Spiker which is nice on stall teams to further chip away at the opponent. Heavy Slam is used over Gyro Ball as I want more pp to be able to win stall wars more easily. I have SpDef to work as a way to be able to beat Grass types a little bit more easily.

Threats

Latias is a huge threat for this stall team as LO Psyshock can 2hko Clefable while CM Beats the rest of the team.

Mold Breaker

Especially Haxorus and Pangoro as they can set-up and outright sweep my team.

Replays
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-532384608

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

Blissey @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Shadow Ball

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Clear Smog

Forretress @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Volt Switch
- Rapid Spin
- Heavy Slam

Peaked 27th with 1488 elo and 75.2% GXE.

Last edited:

sam-testings

What a beautiful face, I have found in this place
Hey there, pretty standard stall team, so the only thing to nitpick here is sets really.

The Blissey set is really bad. CM Blissey is a pretty horrible set, and you have two Unaware users to deal with CM Chandelure. CM Chandelure is not a large threat to this team at all. Blissey would be far better off just running the standard Stealth Rock/Seismic Toss/Toxic/Soft-Boiled set. Chandelure can't even power through Clefable, and Quagsire forces it out. If you are really, really scared of CM Chandy, you could just run more Special Defence on Clefable, as you already have a defensive Unaware wall in Quagsire.
Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Your Forretress set is quite suboptimal. First of all, Overcoat is a pretty useless ability since Forretress is not affected by many of the powder moves or weather chip damage already. Sturdy is a better choice because it ensures you always get a layer of Spikes up. Heavy Slam is also not that good of a move since Forretress is not that heavy. Gyro Ball tends to be better, especially with the fast offensive metagame there is right now.

Theres not much you can do against Latias as it is a very effective stall breaker. Hope this rate helped!

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello, interesting team you have here. At first glance, I see a notable weakness to Gengar, Alakazam, Reuniclus, and Chandelure, as you can see, these stall breakers can be really problematic for your team since puts a lot of pressure to all your Pokemons. finally, as Sam-testings said before, your Blissey set doesn't really help against the aforementioned threats.

First of all, considering that I have listed all those threats before, I would recommend you to use SpD Mandibuzz over Forretress, this change provides to your team a solid answer to those aforementioned threats, it can deal with Latias as well. Mandibuzz is a cool hazard remover for your stall team, it has also the advantage to removing hazards against ghost types pretty well, which was the big issue of Forretress, which can't remove hazards against ghost types as Chandelure having Rapid Spin.

Secondly, I have to change the Blissey set, a simple Rocker set with Thunder wave I think can work pretty well in this team, the main reason is because you need to cripple fast wallbreakers like Cobalion and mega Aerodactyl, and also I feel that you don't really need a CM + Shadow ball set to deal with Chandelure and Reuniclus since now you have a Mandibuzz.
Foul play over taunt might be an interesting option to deal better with SD Gliscor and others physical attackers like Scizor.

Finally, I think you should try max defense Clefable over your mixed spread, this change helps a lot because allows you to switch more safely against physical attackers like rocker Krookodile and CB Zygarde-10%, this spread also allows Clefable to switch into Latias's Psyschock. after this change, i reccommend to use this spread on your Amoonguss : 248 Hp / 184 Def / 72 SpD / 4 Spe with a Calm nature, this spread allows you to take a Choice Specs Primarina Psychic after rocks, also 4 EVs in speed allows you to outspeed uninvested CM Slowbro and Reuniclus, this means that you can put to sleep them first, which is a really interesting counter measure to deal with this kind of threats!

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder wave

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 216 SpD / 52 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Knock Off
- Taunt / Foul play

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell

After this very short rate, I'd say that's all, hope I've helped. :toast:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)