Underrated Sets and Pokemon

I got something for ya: something that counters Kyogre (Even Choice Specs!) I would post this in the viability ranking thread for C rank or something but we can't just go adding gimmick mons everywhere, so this seems a good place for it.

While appearing to be nothing more than a gimmick, with a set that I've came up with I believe there is a couple of niches that can be fulfilled by this Pokemon. With 129 base Sp Def it's fairly bulky on the special side, and it can counter Choice Specs Kyogre. Yes i said it, this mon can switch into any of Specs Kyogre's attacks and win against it (barring crits and other hax).

Firstly, the set:
Virizion @ Assault Vest
Ability: Justified
EVs: 136 SDef / 252 HP / 120 Spd
Gentle Nature
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge

With an Assault Vest this thing can take special attacks nice n ez. I got some calcs to show that can back me up, here's the ones about Kyogre. I should mention that the Speed EVs are there to outspeed max speed 90s that don't have a +Speed nature.

Modest Specs? 252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 136+ SpD Assault Vest Virizion in Rain: 147-174 (38 - 45%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyogre Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 136+ SpD Assault Vest Virizion: 158-186 (40.9 - 48.1%) -- 8.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

What does it do back? 0 Atk Virizion Leaf Blade vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Kyogre: 194-230 (56.7 - 67.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

What if it's Bulky Specs you ask? 0 Atk Virizion Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Kyogre: 194-230 (48 - 56.9%) -- 90.6% chance to 2HKO

Scarf Kyogre does jack shit, you can tell already.

Other niches: Resists EdgeQuake, scaring Groudon out or surprising the life out of it with Grass Knot ( 0 SpA Virizion Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Groudon: 258-306 (63.8 - 75.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery )
Learns Close Combat and its great for STAB, 2HKOing Ekiller and Dialga (You can eat Dialga's attacks as well)
Good Ho-Oh lure, surprising it as well, can't OHKO without SR being up though.
Sponges Palkia's attacks, will probably lose 1v1 if it has Rest / Toxic but beats Lustrous Orb sets.
Downsides: Kinda needs wish support to keep longevity (It does learn Synthesis but you need the AV), and probably cleric support in case it gets poisoned.
Yveltal and Gengar could really care less and will probably ruin your day. Ho-Oh and Mewtwo bait.
Weakness to Fairy means Xerneas will use you as set up fodder, I find that Jirachi is a nice partner for Wish support + a Xerneas check in one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)