Project UnderUsed Teambuilding Lab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah so I tried my best on this one I think it turned out pretty good.

Volcanion @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Superpower

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD / 64 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Raikou @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 204 Atk / 180 SpD / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch

Latias (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Defog

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Aqua Tail
- Roost

Alright so yeah I did indeed change the set just a little bit to an all out attacking Volcanion with Life Orb instead of Fightium Z, but Life Orb boosted Superpower still 2HKO's and with enough chip can OHKO Blissey. Now I decided to start off with having this thing lure for CM Ghostium Z Raikou since Raikou can't do much to Blissey especially with Blissey being immune to it's nuke (Never Ending Nightmare). So I figured with this a pursuit trapper such as Muk could be great here since another common Volcanion switch in is Latias, and while I do have Raikou which outspeeds and has the super effective Z move, it would be nice to have a switch in with pursuit to provide support for these pokemon. Speaking of Lati, I added Choice Scarf Latias to the squad because of type synergy and speed control, the team desperately needed a ground immunity and some speed control, but Lati also (while not very reliably) provides the hazard control with Defog in the 4th slot. Now with Lati I decided to add Seismitoad for a more reliable answer to Washtom, Stealth Rocks, and something for Muk which can be a real bother for this team. For the last slot I needed a mega, and Mega Aerodactyl seemed like a good one because it would add another ground immunity, and could poke holes in the enemy team allowing for Volc to do what it needs to do and to give Raikou better opportunities to set up. If there are some things to work out that I missed make sure to hmu on Smogon or on PS n_n. (im vivalospride on PS)

Good luck and have fun with the squad!!

Hey man thank you very much, i appreciate it

Accel

thanks for the memories
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I would like to request a team around double dance z coballion. I would prefer a bulky offence team.

Cobalion @ Steelium Z
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Refresh
- Roost
- Return

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 160 SpD / 104 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Roost
- Earthquake

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Hello Ganso! Double Dance Cobalion is both the star and start of this team, posing a great threat to most offensive and balanced teams given it has the right support to flourish. I've opted to run Steelium-Z on Cobalion for this particular team as it helps Cobalion to tackle threats that it usually wouldn't be able to, like Nidoking, Gliscor, and Latias. Defensive Dragon Dance Mega Altaria seemed like an alright second step to take since it's a decent offensive and defensive complement to Cobalion. The combination of the two really covers a lot of ground defensively for balanced teams, and it was just a good thing to take advantage of while building. Defog Rotom-W offers the team even more defensive freedom as a bulky pivot while keeping the field clear of hazards for the other members of the team to function more easily. Amoonguss checks the Water and Ground types that Cobalion cannot muscle through without Fightinium-Z, primarily Azumarill and Serperior which the rest of the team would prefer not to deal with directly. It also may allow both Cobalion and Mega Altaria set up opportunities by virtue of Spore, and in faster paced games can likely eliminate at least one member of the opposing team for the duration of the match. Specially defensive Gliscor offers the necessary Stealth Rock support and also helps to wear down the opposition through Toxic, and contributes even more to the existing defensive backbone of the team. Scarf Hydreigon rounds out the team, acting out its usual duty as an offensive pivot and revenge killer, and also gives the team decent firepower versus offensive matchups where continuous switching may not be the best path to take.

I hope you enjoy the team, go wild with it! n_n

Crobat is one of my favorite pokemon, and honestly I've found he works really well in a Volt-Turn team. He's one of the fastest pokemon in the tier barring Megas, he hits hard with a Z-crystal and he's surprisingly bulky with his typing and stats. Infiltrator is also an excellent ability, and its saved me from sub-set up sweepers before.

Using this set:
Crobat @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Roost
- U-turn

could someone design a competent volt-turn or otherwise momentum-focused team I can slot my favorite bat on? I've made a team for him myself but I feel like its somewhat weak and an alternative team would likely be better.

Cobalion @ Steelium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Refresh
- Roost
- Return

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 160 SpD / 104 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Roost
- Earthquake

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Hello Ganso! Double Dance Cobalion is both the star and start of this team, posing a great threat to most offensive and balanced teams given it has the right support to flourish. I've opted to run Steelium-Z on Cobalion for this particular team as it helps Cobalion to tackle threats that it usually wouldn't be able to, like Nidoking, Gliscor, and Latias. Defensive Dragon Dance Mega Altaria seemed like an alright second step to take since it's a decent offensive and defensive complement to Cobalion. The combination of the two really covers a lot of ground defensively for balanced teams, and it was just a good thing to take advantage of while building. Defog Rotom-W offers the team even more defensive freedom as a bulky pivot while keeping the field clear of hazards for the other members of the team to function more easily. Amoonguss checks the Water and Ground types that Cobalion cannot muscle through without Fightinium-Z, primarily Azumarill and Serperior which the rest of the team would prefer not to deal with directly. It also may allow both Cobalion and Mega Altaria set up opportunities by virtue of Spore, and in faster paced games can likely eliminate at least one member of the opposing team for the duration of the match. Specially defensive Gliscor offers the necessary Stealth Rock support and also helps to wear down the opposition through Toxic, and contributes even more to the existing defensive backbone of the team. Scarf Hydreigon rounds out the team, acting out its usual duty as an offensive pivot and revenge killer, and also gives the team decent firepower versus offensive matchups where continuous switching may not be the best path to take.

I hope you enjoy the team, go wild with it! n_n
Thanks for the team, it looks fun.

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Crobat is one of my favorite pokemon, and honestly I've found he works really well in a Volt-Turn team. He's one of the fastest pokemon in the tier barring Megas, he hits hard with a Z-crystal and he's surprisingly bulky with his typing and stats. Infiltrator is also an excellent ability, and its saved me from sub-set up sweepers before.

Using this set:
Crobat @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Roost
- U-turn

could someone design a competent volt-turn or otherwise momentum-focused team I can slot my favorite bat on? I've made a team for him myself but I feel like its somewhat weak and an alternative team would likely be better.

Crobat @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Roost

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Liquidation
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 44 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Play Rough

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Quick Attack
- Knock Off

So I went with more of a spike stack team instead of voltturn, but it still fits the "momentum based" part. If you find it too difficult to play without removal, you can always add defog on Crobat, which, on spike stack is kinda meh, but as long as you don't set your hazards up and allow them to set up theirs (forcing you to defog), you should be fine. So starting with Crobat, I knew I wanted to add something that appreciates something being able to take Serperior off the threat list for it, so this is where Azumarill comes in and has a much easier time breaking because of the Crobat being on the team. Now looking at the two pokemon we have, Crobat and Azumarill, this core is pretty much allowing Rotom-W to walk all over it and click Volt Switch whenever it wants, so I added Mega Sceptile to stop this and give the team an easier time breaking down bulky waters. Now I added Klefki knowing that Mega Sceptile + Klefki is a great core because of the chip the spikes give, Mega Sceptile has a much easier time killing things, because of this, and I needed something to keep Mega Shark and Lati (especially scarf variants, 44 SpDef EVs added to make HP Fire from Latias a guaranteed 3HKO after rocks) in check, I added Klefki. Now Mega Aerodactyl definitely hurts this team pretty bad, so I added Scarf Krook as the rocker. Scizor is our sweeper, this set is one that is used specifically on Spike Stack teams because the spikes lower common Scizor checks such as Infernape low enough for a +2 Quick Attack kill.

Good luck and have fun with the team n_n - vivalospride

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Icy Wind

Crawdaunt @ Waterium Z
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
- Knock Off

Cobalion @ Rocky Helmet
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Quick Attack
- Superpower

Latias @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- Trick

Started with the given core of Crawdaunt + Mega Beedrill. I changed Crawdaunt to Swords Dance because I feel that Choice Band is overall outclassed by Azumarill. Decided to go with a Hazards-stacking strategy with this one because not only it works really well with the given core, it is also pretty fun. I needed a Stealth Rock setter and a Scizor answer, which is why I chose Cobalion. I decided to go with Rocky Helmet + Taunt to punish U-turn users, mainly Scizor and to pressure Defog users. At this point, I wanted another setup sweeper that benefits from Hazards-stacking and Scizor was the first Pokemon to cross my mind. I decided to go with the double Priority set because that's the set that works the best on most Hazards-stacking teams in my opinion. I felt like I was really lacking Speed control in my opinion; I was extremely vulnerable to fast wallbreakers, like Choice Scarf Infernape and Serperior. I went with Choice Scarf Latias because it provides me with a panic button against those fast wallbreakers and synergizes pretty well with the team members that weaken Steel- and Fairy- types for a potential late-game Latias clean. Healing Wish is also pretty nice to give a second chance to the setup sweepers and Trick helps against Stall matchup and can potentially give setup opportunities to the setup sweepers.

GoldenTorkoal; sorry this took long but here's the team. I hope you will have fun with it!

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Icy Wind

Crawdaunt @ Waterium Z
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
- Knock Off

Cobalion @ Rocky Helmet
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Quick Attack
- Superpower

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- Trick

Started with the given core of Crawdaunt + Mega Beedrill. I changed Crawdaunt to Swords Dance because I feel that Choice Band is overall outclassed by Azumarill. Decided to go with a Hazards-stacking strategy with this one because not only it works really well with the given core, it is also pretty fun. I needed a Stealth Rock setter and a Scizor answer, which is why I chose Cobalion. I decided to go with Rocky Helmet + Taunt to punish U-turn users, mainly Scizor and to pressure Defog users. At this point, I wanted another setup sweeper that benefits from Hazards-stacking and Scizor was the first Pokemon to cross my mind. I decided to go with the double Priority set because that's the set that works the best on most Hazards-stacking teams in my opinion. I felt like I was really lacking Speed control in my opinion; I was extremely vulnerable to fast wallbreakers, like Choice Scarf Infernape and Serperior. I went with Choice Scarf Latias because it provides me with a panic button against those fast wallbreakers and synergizes pretty well with the team members that weaken Steel- and Fairy- types for a potential late-game Latias clean. Healing Wish is also pretty nice to give a second chance to the setup sweepers and Trick helps against Stall matchup and can potentially give setup opportunities to the setup sweepers.

GoldenTorkoal; sorry this took long but here's the team. I hope you will have fun with it!
Thanks for the team! It looks very cool

esche

Frust kommt auf, denn der Bus kommt nicht
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
any idea how long my request will take ? i dont want to seem like im pestering you, just not sure if youve forgotten :)
Hello Suepac,

I'm currently working on your request, I hope to have it completed by either tomorrow or Thursday.

Thank you for your patience & have a nice day!

E: Due to tier shifts happening, I need some more time to adjust the team. Sorry for the inconvenience. Expect the team by Saturday.

Last edited:
I'd like to build a Trick Room team around Stakataka and Hippowdon as the cores. Hippowdon to stop hail and raise sp.def of stakata as well w/ sandstorm. I'll definitely want a set-up sweeper on the team as well. And a bulky mon to cover Hippo/Stak's weaknesses.

I've never played a Trick Room team, and figure now's a great time to learn with Stakataka coming to UU.

By the way, wanted to say thanks for this resource, it's a huge help for someone like me who's just starting out. Been playing for 2 weeks now and have learned alot! I know Amane Misa helped me build a offensive Beedrill team and it's been fun. Shoutout to Amane Misa for the help!

id like to request a team for gengar, who hit uu a while ago. rip

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt
- Focus Blast

gengar helps me clean up teams in the late game. Also stops hazards. Team could be any type. You can change the set however you need to

Was hoping to request a team built around Mega Absol

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Iron Tail
- Fire Blast

I got the most mileage out of this setup for Mega Absol on my previous team though the team itself was a bit shaky hence coming here for some help building a more appropriate team based around them. Either offensive or balanced style is fine by me though I tend to play the latter better.

Last edited:

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
OrangeGuru

Mantine @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- Haze

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Gastro Acid

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Close Combat

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Healing Wish

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch

Ok so Mantine; wanted to add a defensive core to this so a Ground was the first thing I wanted to have as it would ideally deal with any Electrics / Rocks Mantine would struggle with and set Rocks so I went for Hippowdon. I have Toxic > Whirlwind here because I found that I'm just extremely passive otherwise and Mantine generally takes care of most setup sweepers. Amoonguss rounds off the core by dealing with Azumarill, Serperior among other things. I got extremely annoyed with Gliscor during my games so I just stuck on Gastro Acid in last slot although using Foul Play or HP Fire might be better overall (the former helps with stuff like Marowak-Alola on TR among other things). Next up I wanted just offensive mons to cover what I hadn't already; namely: Stall matchup, overall offense matchup, and frickin Latias. Heracross deals with stall relatively well, which is supported further by Healing Wish Latias, which, being my scarfer, helps a lot with offense and Alolan-Muk takes care of the Latias issue I had. You can run HP Fire or Trick over Ice Beam on Latias; again I got really annoyed at Gliscor.

Kingdra @ Dragonium Z/Chesto Berry/Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim
Adamant Nature
- Rest/Substitute/Coverage Move
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Waterfall

With all the new drops, I honestly think Kingdra is bout to be the new wave aside from Trick room staka, so I'd like to request a team with it. I'll really use any kind of team or playstyle. If I had to pair something with kingdra, then maybe double water core with Volcanion, just to weaken/ burn everything.

Last edited:

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 168 Atk / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Overheat
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Mach Punch

Swampert @ Eject Button
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 112 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 140 Spe
Rash Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- Trick

Crobat @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Magneton @ Eviolite
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

This team focuses on supporting Mega Abomasnow. I added Magneton because my Mega Abomasnow can't touch Scizor. Originally it was Choice Specs, but later on, I saw that the team lacked a reliable Latias switch-in. Because I have an obvious weakness to Fire-types and Mega Manectric, figured Swampert would be the perfect teammate here. I gave Swampert Eject Button because it's a really cool tech that catches most opponents off-guard. At that point, I noticed that the team is slow and is really weak to hazards and Serperior. Crobat was the perfect teammate here. It also has U-turn which is just perfect for Mega Abomasnow, and pairs really well with Magneton. I wanted Priority and a way to beat stall and Mega Sharpedo reliably, which is why I added Mixed Infernape. Because I felt like the Speed control of the team really isn't that great and I wanted another way to deal with Serperior, I added Choice Scarf Latias. Not only it provides me with a way to shut down Blissey for Mega Abomasnow, it also provides me with Healing Wish support which is really handy in a lot of matchups. It also provided me with a reliable way of beating Nidoking, which seemed like a huge threat at that point.

SludgeBomber hope you have fun with the team as much as I did!

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 168 Atk / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Overheat
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Mach Punch

Swampert @ Eject Button
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 112 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 140 Spe
Rash Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- Trick

Crobat @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Magneton @ Eviolite
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

This team focuses on supporting Mega Abomasnow. I added Magneton because my Mega Abomasnow can't touch Scizor. Originally it was Choice Specs, but later on, I saw that the team lacked a reliable Latias switch-in. Because I have an obvious weakness to Fire-types and Mega Manectric, figured Swampert would be the perfect teammate here. I gave Swampert Eject Button because it's a really cool tech that catches most opponents off-guard. At that point, I noticed that the team is slow and is really weak to hazards and Serperior. Crobat was the perfect teammate here. It also has U-turn which is just perfect for Mega Abomasnow, and pairs really well with Magneton. I wanted Priority and a way to beat stall and Mega Sharpedo reliably, which is why I added Mixed Infernape. Because I felt like the Speed control of the team really isn't that great and I wanted another way to deal with Serperior, I added Choice Scarf Latias. Not only it provides me with a way to shut down Blissey for Mega Abomasnow, it also provides me with Healing Wish support which is really handy in a lot of matchups. It also provided me with a reliable way of beating Nidoking, which seemed like a huge threat at that point.

SludgeBomber hope you have fun with the team as much as I did!
Thanks for the team, I Really liked it :)

OrangeGuru

Mantine @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- Haze

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Gastro Acid

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Close Combat

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Healing Wish

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch

Ok so Mantine; wanted to add a defensive core to this so a Ground was the first thing I wanted to have as it would ideally deal with any Electrics / Rocks Mantine would struggle with and set Rocks so I went for Hippowdon. I have Toxic > Whirlwind here because I found that I'm just extremely passive otherwise and Mantine generally takes care of most setup sweepers. Amoonguss rounds off the core by dealing with Azumarill, Serperior among other things. I got extremely annoyed with Gliscor during my games so I just stuck on Gastro Acid in last slot although using Foul Play or HP Fire might be better overall (the former helps with stuff like Marowak-Alola on TR among other things). Next up I wanted just offensive mons to cover what I hadn't already; namely: Stall matchup, overall offense matchup, and frickin Latias. Heracross deals with stall relatively well, which is supported further by Healing Wish Latias, which, being my scarfer, helps a lot with offense and Alolan-Muk takes care of the Latias issue I had. You can run HP Fire or Trick over Ice Beam on Latias; again I got really annoyed at Gliscor.
Really solid looking team (my first mantine team also had hippo so this already feels dope), can't wait to test it the next few days before schools starts up again. Much appreciated!

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Was hoping to request a team built around Mega Absol

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Naive Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Iron Tail
- Fire Blast

I got the most mileage out of this setup for Mega Absol on my previous team though the team itself was a bit shaky hence coming here for some help building a more appropriate team based around them. Either offensive or balanced style is fine by me though I tend to play the latter better.

Hippowdon (F) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Naive Nature
- Iron Tail
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

Lucario @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Inner Focus
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Vacuum Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Aura Sphere

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick

Mantine @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Haze
- Roost

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Atk / 88 SpD / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Alright so starting with Mega Absol, after testing this team out a bit I decided that Ice Beam > Fire Blast would be better for the team due to the limited ways of killing Gliscor and having things like Hippo and Mantine for Scizor. I originally started with Band Scizor as a fairy killer to pair with Mega Absol but, I found myself not in the best matchup vs. TR and Stakataka in general, so I changed it to Lucario, who has a better matchup vs. TR mons such as Crawdaunt and Stakataka due to having priority in Vacuum Wave. I also decided to take a more balanced approach to Mega Absol, and went with a Hippowdon + Mantine defensive core which compliment each other well, and I thought it would fit great on this team. Now I have no Fairy resist, and I want some speed control, I went with Gengar because of it's ghost typing and ability to outspeed every scarfer in the tier bar Latias (which it ties with), Trick also helps the stall matchup a bit. Now with one mon left, my only Fairy resist is Gengar, which isn't a very reliable one, I thought a bulkier Steel type was the way to go, and with some help from Amaroq, decided bulky Scizor was the mon to best fit the role. It's EV'd to survive HP Fire from Latias after rocks, and the 48 Speed is to creep Azumarill and other things that creep Mantine. I have had a lot of fun with the team in the games I've tested so I'm confident you will too! :D - vivalospride

Good luck mang

Hippowdon (F) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Naive Nature
- Iron Tail
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

Lucario @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Inner Focus
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Vacuum Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Aura Sphere

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick

Mantine @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Haze
- Roost

Scizor @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Atk / 88 SpD / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Alright so starting with Mega Absol, after testing this team out a bit I decided that Ice Beam > Fire Blast would be better for the team due to the limited ways of killing Gliscor and having things like Hippo and Mantine for Scizor. I originally started with Band Scizor as a fairy killer to pair with Mega Absol but, I found myself not in the best matchup vs. TR and Stakataka in general, so I changed it to Lucario, who has a better matchup vs. TR mons such as Crawdaunt and Stakataka due to having priority in Vacuum Wave. I also decided to take a more balanced approach to Mega Absol, and went with a Hippowdon + Mantine defensive core which compliment each other well, and I thought it would fit great on this team. Now I have no Fairy resist, and I want some speed control, I went with Gengar because of it's ghost typing and ability to outspeed every scarfer in the tier bar Latias (which it ties with), Trick also helps the stall matchup a bit. Now with one mon left, my only Fairy resist is Gengar, which isn't a very reliable one, I thought a bulkier Steel type was the way to go, and with some help from Amaroq, decided bulky Scizor was the mon to best fit the role. It's EV'd to survive HP Fire from Latias after rocks, and the 48 Speed is to creep Azumarill and other things that creep Mantine. I have had a lot of fun with the team in the games I've tested so I'm confident you will too! :D - vivalospride

Good luck mang
Thanks a lot man! I'll have fun trying out this team when not using my Absolute Hazard team.

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

(No image cause on mobile when writing this)
Doublade has always been a mon that I feel is really good in UU. The mon always impresses me. I usually have a tough time building with it because it’s mandatory to have something for gliscor with it. If anyone could build with this, i would very much so appreciate it!

Lycanroc-Dusk @ Lycanium Z
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Drill Run
- Accelerock

Hey was hoping a team could be built around this boy that was just dropped into UU. I'm having a hard time making a team around him though since I'm still new to UU much like Lycanroc-Dusk haha. I went with the Lycanium-Z set since that's really it's only viable set. I'm cool with balance, bulky or full offense. Thanks for your time!

can some1 build a team around sub disable gengar not sure if this is the best 4 moves/spread for it but here u go thanks

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Disable
- Substitute

Hey everyone.

So im like really new to UU and seen some Pokémon that i didnt expect here.
So i've thought about a core and decided to go with a gliscor, defensive And scizor offensive.
The iron plate on scizor is debatable tho.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 208 SpD / 56 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roost

Scizor @ Iron Plate
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-Turn
- Superpower

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 8 SpA / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Roost

The team was built around supporting SD Doublade as best as I could. I took a Balanced approach while building. Swampert can switch into Fire- and Electric-types, such as Infernape and Mega Manectric, which Doublade hates, and provide Stealth Rock to continually weaken Doublade's checks every time they switch in. I wanted a Dragon-type check at this point, and Sylveon seemed great. It also provides both Doublade and Swampert with Wish support, and even Heal Bell support if needed. The team looks pretty weak to Knock Off Scizor, hazards and Toxic Spikes, which led me to add Tentacruel to the team. It also provides Toxic Spikes which can help with beating down bulky Water-types, such as Quagsire and Alomomola, which beat Doublade. The team at this point lacked some immediate power and Stall matchup looked concerning. Heracross fit here pretty great, as it can potentially weaken Doublade's checks, such as Swampert. The team lacked Speed control, which made its matchup against fully offensive teams concerning, and its matchup against Flying-types such as Crobat and Talonflame seemed exceptionally good against it. I added Mega Aerodactyl to help patch up those weaknesses and help deal with Serperior better.

HarrisIsAwesome I hope you'll have fun with the team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)