unfun facts

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
within 200 years after your death it is highly likely that you will be permanently forgotten having left no lasting impact on society to your name
i personally find this quite comforting. people will hate history in some capacity, whether you were true to your morals or not. people decades dead are cursed and reviled because they are remembered - this is a guaranteed fact. nobody can please everyone - especially when you're not there to persuade them otherwise. you become an idea more than the person you were. an ideal, or a depravity. history does not have a subtle pen.

i'd much rather my legacy be more subtle. that people remember my kindness for a few generations, and pass it on. people can be touched by a simple kindness decades after you give it - it just has to go down the line. i don't want to become some lofty figure to my descendants - i just want people who knew me to say, "he was a good man", and give that goodness onward. my deeds will be forgotten, yes. the impact might as well. but i want to spread kindness, not change the course of history.

to suggest that we should be despondent for not getting in the history books is laughable (not the least of reasons being i have plenty to be depressed about already). not everyone can make it, and that's fine. not everyone is so egomaniacal as to want a legacy carved in stone. if people kept that in mind, i wager the world would be better off. more humbleness instead of more grandstanding. we coukd use that.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
i personally find this quite comforting. people will hate history in some capacity, whether you were true to your morals or not. people decades dead are cursed and reviled because they are remembered - this is a guaranteed fact. nobody can please everyone - especially when you're not there to persuade them otherwise. you become an idea more than the person you were. an ideal, or a depravity. history does not have a subtle pen.

i'd much rather my legacy be more subtle. that people remember my kindness for a few generations, and pass it on. people can be touched by a simple kindness decades after you give it - it just has to go down the line. i don't want to become some lofty figure to my descendants - i just want people who knew me to say, "he was a good man", and give that goodness onward. my deeds will be forgotten, yes. the impact might as well. but i want to spread kindness, not change the course of history.

to suggest that we should be despondent for not getting in the history books is laughable (not the least of reasons being i have plenty to be depressed about already). not everyone can make it, and that's fine. not everyone is so egomaniacal as to want a legacy carved in stone. if people kept that in mind, i wager the world would be better off. more humbleness instead of more grandstanding. we coukd use that.
sir this is a wendy's

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
<Phoopes> fun fact
<Phoopes> well maybe not so fun
<Phoopes> but it's a fact
<Phoopes> my grandfather died recently
<%shade> lol
<Phoopes> we're cleaning out his house
<Phoopes> found a KKK robe
<Phoopes> fuck you
<Phoopes> that wasn't the funny part

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor

I'd want my memory to be carved in stone but as like, a cave painting of me taking a dump or something

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
most of the dust in your house is NOT dead skin cells

it's a mixture of dead skin, pollen, hair, textile fibers, paper fibers, soil minerals, bug carcasses, etc

Todd Howard is listed in the cast of a Bollywood film called the Police Officer

the average amount of limbs humans have is less than 4

because atoms are mostly empty space you can never actually touch anything

apparently plants can remember their owners
So don’t do anything weird with a plant in the room

Last edited:
Are you factoring pregnant women into this? Since in the late stages of pregnancy the mother basically has two skeletons inside her one single pregnant woman could account for 4 amputees, assuming each one is missing one limb.
actually more tbh, there are doublets and triplets and stuff. on average pregnant woman probably have, like, 8.5 limbs or something

Sijih

game show genius
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
I was watching a clip from a BBC nature documentary on youtube the other day. It was the narrative story of a crab who had to make it from the shoreline out to some rocks to feed.

I watched as the little crab started on the shore, scuffling his way past a predatory blue ringed octopus, leaping past a murderous eel, and eventually making it to the seaweed pasture with enough time to feed before the tides dragged him to the dangerous oceanic depths.

I was so proud of the little crab. He had done it. He had braved immense pressure, both corporeal and temporal, and survived. I felt connected to him. If he could overcome immense challenge, then maybe I could take a page from his crustacean book, and look at my problems in a new way.

Then I scrolled down to the youtube comments, and someone said that the documentary was actually clips of multiple crabs. They had a bunch of footage of thousands of animals over multiple days and they just cut it up to turn it into a narrative. The crab from the shore probably got eaten.

Really messed up my whole day.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
they say you spend a quarter of your life sleeping but some people spend 100% of it watching anime, unprovoked

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)