University of Toronto

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
What can you guys tell me about it? I'm looking into their Classics Grad Department, I'm thinking of going for MA/PhD. Undergrads or other Grad students, do you like it? I think there are some U of T people around here. Or, if you don't go, but you're in the Toronto area, what can you tell me about it? Have you seen the campus? Is it cool? Can we hang out if I end up going?

cloud

groove, slam, work it back, filter that baby, bump
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
i go to uoft st. george campus. it's the best university in toronto, i guess; i'm in engineering and we are rivals with waterloo in terms of academic 'net value' within ontario.

the profs are great, the coursework is generally hard in comparison to other campuses (for instance, uoft st. george life science is more competitive than uoft scarborough life science) and thus my saying it has more academic 'net value' than other universities.

we can hang out but you have to pay for my beer.

I'm looking into their Classics Grad Department

HAHAHAHAHA

okay now that that is over with...they have an amazing paleontology department and are a very good university. My pick of U of Alberta, where I go and HATE for the last 3 years, is way worse (cept in paleo).

I dunno how their liberal arts are, I hear UofA is pretty damn good for philosophy, though the classics course I just took this semester (wrote final 2 days ago) was CRAP. Anything must be better...Sorry for comparison, but seriously UofA is all I know other than MRC in Calgary. MRC > all.

Edit: the laughter sounded mean, sorry. It's just that my brother just got his Masters through MUN (memorial in Newfoundland, lol) in philosophy. As a science student and a man who hates classics faculty/teachers (not classes) I had to laugh. I have to hate arts, we are bred for it in science...:D

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I guess if you're studying paleontology I could understand that among sciences you wouldnt have a lot you could look down on..

Have a nice day.

I guess if you're studying paleontology I could understand that among sciences you wouldnt have a lot you could look down on..

Have a nice day.

Biology/zoology (invertebrate AND vertebrate) /morphology/systematics/evolutionary biology and stratigraphy/structural geology/sedmentology are all disciplines you have to master in order to do this. Also in SOME cases, Botany (we have at least two high level classes for this).

Wonder why your school probably doesn't have a top rated paleo department? That's why. This is about as multidisciplinary in biology/Earth sciences as you can get.

...though my future job as a manager at Wendy's is looking awesome, considering you need POST DOC work to be considered for a job. LOL.

Alberta has Drumheller. End of story for paleo.

Burgess Shale, pipestone Creek, Dinosaur Provincial Park, Milk River, Devil's Coulee, Tollman Bridge...ETC ETC all say HI.

I've done work in the world Heritage sites mentioned above, especially Burgess Shale :D I'm so lucky.

BACK TO LIBERAL ARTS!!

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lol this thread got derailed. Good thread though! I'm looking into this school too, i know several people that go there. Definitely look at the St. George Campus, its a very nice place, lots of tradition mixed with cutting edge technology. And its right in the middle of the fourth biggest city in North America, cant really complain about lack of things to do like I would in say, Alberta ;p

All in all top notch school i'd say.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)