Unorthidox UU Dual Screens

I started off tying to make a very simple UU Dual Screening team bt I eventually found myself using some unusual pokemon in specific roles that seemed to work.

A quick overveiw of what I wanted in this team:

-A Lead to get the momentum in my favour
-A defensive Dual Screener with Explosion
-A back-up Dual Screener
-A Setup Pokemon with Baton Pass
-A Baton-Pass receiver/practically unstoppable
-Backup Sweeper

Now For a quick Overview of the Pokemon on my team:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Now For the Team:
The Lead

Yanmega @ Focus Sash
Speed Boost
Modest (+SAtk -Atk)
4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
-Protect
-Bug Buzz
-Air Slash
-Hypnosis

Not an uncommon site in UU. Protect is to scout opponents moves and get an extra turn of Speed Boost. I will ussually attack right off the bat if the opponent's Pokemon is a set-up Pomemon.

Bug Buzz and Air Slash are for STAB and both have good coverage, hitting most UU leads for good damage.

Hypnosis is used to try to shift the advantage in my direction. If i cannot set attack the opposing lead I will use Hypnosis to put nthem to sleep right off the bat (After using Protect of course). I use Focus Sash to but my an extra turn to use Hypnosis due to its low accuracy.

This lead is designed to shift the tide of the battle in my favour. Hopfully getting in an Hypnosis and/or a favourably switch in to one of my Dual Screeners.

Dual Screener #1

Uxie @ Light Clay
Levitate
Inpish Nature (+Def -SAtk)
252 HP / 180 Def / 76 Spe
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Stealth Rock
-Memento

This is a very basic but very effective set. The first priority is to set up Stealth Rocks but, if theyre isnt enough time and the dual screens need to be put us as soon as possibl then it can be skipped because Claydoll and also use Stealth Rock.

Reflect and Light Screen and needed for a Dual Screen set for the set to serve its purpose.

I usually use to set up the screens on a more physically orriented pokemon due to its higher deensive stat with his EV spread.

Once his job is done, memento is used to weaken the opponents pokemon substantially and allowing and head start for Blaziken to set up an use Baton Pass.

Dual Screener #2

Claydoll @ Light Clay
Levitate
Careful Nature (+SDef -SAtk)
252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SDef
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Explosion
-Rapid Spin

While he is often used as a lead, I find him more useful coming off my bench. As Uxie usually comes in on Physical Pokemon, Claydoll ussually comes in on Special Pokemon because of his higher Special Defense stat.

The first priority is to set up Stealth Rocks but again, like Uxie, this can be skipped if nessisary to continue the strategy. Then come the Dual Screens, and once Claydoll has fulfilled his role, it explodes, giving Blaziken a chance to set-up.

The nature and Evs favour Special Defensive bulk.

The Baton Passer

Blaziken @ Lum Berry
Blaze
Impish Nature (+Def -SAtk)
252 HP / 178 Spe / 80 SDef
-Agility
-Swords Dance
-Baton Pass
-Roar

This guy is my little pride and joy, he has so far flawlessly Baton passed +2+2 every time.

The EVs and Nature make him fairly bulky on both defensive spectrums. The bulk is especially noticed with the Dual Screens up.

First he opens up with Agility, the opponent will almost always switch in a bulky pokemon or a phaser thinking he is setting himself up. Then, if it is a phaser, I use my roar to phase them away, I will always roar first thanks to agility. If it is just a defensive pokemon or any othe rpomemon I will then preceed to Swords Dance as much as possibly before using Baton Pass, and sending in Floatzel.

This Strategy is pretty flawless, Haze users can slow it down a little and I still worry about a very strong Flying or Phycic attack before I set up, but I have yet to see that. i am considering dropping the Speed Evs because he is more than fast enough after Agility, and using a more defensive EV spread.

The Beastly Sweeper

Floatzel @ Lum Berry
Swift Swim
Aadamant Nature (+Atk -SAtk)
252 Atk / 178 Spe / 80 HP
-Waterfall
-Ice Punch
-Crunch
-Taunt

One He is set up with +2 Attack and +2 Speed, he outspeeds everything in the UU and NU tears. He has the ability to either OHKO all opposing pokemon, barring the walls, which he 2HKOs, the walls in return cannot KO him but will try to Status him and will fail due to Lum Berry.

This moveset provides great coverage against the entire teir, although I am open to suggestions.

If he happens to get +4 or +6 Attack then he will OHKO everything in the teir.

Backup

Scyther @ Life Orb
Technician
Jolly (+Spe -SAtk)
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Swords Dance
-Aerial Ace
-X-Scissor
-Brick Break

When all else fails, i ussually have an extra Dual Screener who will set up the screens for this fellow right here. While ussually a frail pokemon, while behind screns, he can usually use at least one Swords dance and attampt a sweep.

Areal Ace, plus STAB, plus technician is quite a strong attack, backed by brick break and X-Scissor for coverage.

Here is one area of my team where I am open for change. Scyther is great but a little two frail sometimes, especially after being hit by Stealth Rock.

In coclusion, this team tried to take a common comcept and put a bit of a twist on it. I am ceian the team definitaly needs some work but it it definately off to the right start IMO.

So Please

Rate Away :)

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Problems:

movesets

How to fix:

Again, teams like this are normally exposed to Roar and such. With that being said, I think your better off with Taunt in-place of Brick Break for Floatzel to prevent guys like Steelix or defensive Drapion from phazing you. It also prevents Thunder Wave or Will-O-Wisp users from ruining your parade. With that being said, Lum Berry isn't necessary where you can go for Life Orb to grab the KO on certain things. You could consider a Rapid Spin on Claydol for Explosion to help Scyther sweep or set-up easier behind dual screens. Thats all I could suggest for now, gl.

If you are going to pass speed and attack why not use Bibarel? He gets an extra STAB move (Return) on top of Waterfall and with his ability he will be much more threatening than your Floatzel with a +4 attack/speed stages rather than +2s.

I really don't see you you beat Milotic. If it has haze he just beats your team anyway, if he uses something like ResTalk/Surf/HP:Grass Floatzel won't break him down barring Crunch hax.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This is why I suggested Taunt for Floatzel, its just a better coverage overall for Floatzel. Brick Break only hits Registeel harder.

Ok thanks alot
-taunt is now on floatzel
-and rapidspin is in for Stealth Rock, I already have it on one pokemon and explosion is really useful

I'm just wondering how you stop milotic? Standard Surf / Haze / HP Electric / Recover Milotic really shits all over your team. I guess the additional of Taunt on Floatzel can somewhat help against it but it really doesn't. I also second Bibarel > Floatzel which can run a set with better coverage using Return / Waterfall / Quick Attack / Taunt.

Also the word is tiers not tears or teirs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)