Unrated Tier Battles

TheRealYo

Banned deucer.
This is something about 90% of the showdown community has wanted forever but for some reason it's always turned down,we always get the "just use the challenge option by selecting someone in chat" or "just make an alt" but thats a pain in the butt we want to test out our teams without punishment of losing rank and we don't want to have to wait long periods of time for battle to be accepted

Last edited:
Try posting this in the suggestions thread, also we do have unrated random battles so and unrated ou, ubers, uu, ru, nu, monotyp and lc would be a great idea

Just make an alt to do this, there's no reason to add a whole section of unrated tier battles. Also I recommend posting this kind of thing in the suggestions thread.

TheRealYo

Banned deucer.
Just make an alt to do this, there's no reason to add a whole section of unrated tier battles. Also I recommend posting this kind of thing in the suggestions thread.
no thats a pain nobody likes to do that it's a complete drag to keep logging in and out

You wouldn't need to register it just type /nick test21124 or some random username, test out your teams and then type /nick TheRealYo to go back to your main account. Again the unrated counterparts would be great but they are going to be 0 or very low priority

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
I disagree with it being a "great" idea myself vect0r. What's the purpose? Random has unrated option BECAUSE its casual to begin with. The concept already detracts from skill and teambuilding and while there is strategy luck is relevant. Thus having a truly stress free version makes sense from my POV.

Now to the OP. You claim its difficult to find people in a chat and challenge them? That's funny because I've never had that issue in my time on PS. I want to practice OU? I go into the room and ask if anyone wants to battle or practixe. In fact most rooms are eager AND give criticisms and advice after. In fact I can personally tell you OU, NU, LC, and Monotype are all as I described. Ubers isn't as open in my experience and the other tier rooms I don't use. Old Gens is also welcoming even though it gets low numbers.

TheRealYo

Banned deucer.
I disagree with it being a "great" idea myself vect0r. What's the purpose? Random has unrated option BECAUSE its casual to begin with. The concept already detracts from skill and teambuilding and while there is strategy luck is relevant. Thus having a truly stress free version makes sense from my POV.

Now to the OP. You claim its difficult to find people in a chat and challenge them? That's funny because I've never had that issue in my time on PS. I want to practice OU? I go into the room and ask if anyone wants to battle or practixe. In fact most rooms are eager AND give criticisms and advice after. In fact I can personally tell you OU, NU, LC, and Monotype are all as I described. Ubers isn't as open in my experience and the other tier rooms I don't use. Old Gens is also welcoming even though it gets low numbers.
Hun no need to be hostile lol we are just discussing a possibility here

Well again, it'd be low priority and its much more efficient to have an unrated counterpart to each tier than go into that room and ask someone for a battle or practice. How many times do you really see someone in a room asking to have a battle and being answered with "Sure!" ? Low priority but still a helpful addition in my personal opinion.

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
I don't feel I was hostile. I merely felt a bit of frustration at your exaggeration when I know for a fact findinf a match for any gen6 tier is easy as all hell, unless a bad time zone of course (in which case a ladder wouldn't help *that* much).

I don't think you get it vect0r. Imo (can't speak on behalf of leaders/admims/programmers) if something is low priority its because its not that important or that great an idea. The other reason is difficulty/time (see: mobile app). If an idea is that good, it will be prioritized. I frankly don't see a reason to tag on another 6 ladders, that's ridiculous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)