ORAS OU [UPDATED] Kyurem-B Hyper Aggro Team (Peaked 1480)

Hello guys, this is my first time posting OU RMT as I am relatively new to competitive battling. Before, I was playing VGC format a lot in my 3DS and after discovering showdown I grew attached to it, brawling it all out 6v6 until all your pokemon die is a lot more fun. Okay skipping all the details, I basically been playing OU in showdown for a while now and have experienced many trials and errors, wins and loses. Now I'm pretty happy to have reached 1400 ELO with a team that I have a lot of fun playing. Okay so here's a quick glance at the team:

General Idea: This team is basically composed of six pokemons whom each is a very capable sweeper, and happens to just have good coverage with each other. I build this team around Kyurem-B and Zard-X at first, because both are dragons that is fine being hit by Ice-type. And both of them makes good synergy with each other when it comes to offensive coverage. Now let me break it down.

Kyurem-Black @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 216 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Substitute​

Standard Kyurem-B mixed sub attacker. I have been experimenting with some other builds but this is what clicks to me the most. Against some opponents that it forced to switch like Gliscor, Rotom-W, and most Lando-T, he can setup Substitute and wreak havoc later. It also provides me the option to avoid any status move (usually used by slow pokemons like Amoonguss). The moveset is pretty self-explanatory, it is the widest coverage you can get for Kyurem-B. Ice Beam is the main STAB used to scare enemy like Gliscor, Garchomp (especially the Stealth Rock build), Lando-T etc. Fusion Bolt deals with meddling water-type like Slowbro, Manaphy, Starmie and acts as the finishing blow to Talonflame and Gyarados if you successfully setup Substitute. Earth Power is another coverage which works nice against Heatran and Rotom-W.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Roost​

The most brutal sweeper I've ever known. Once all his checks (like Heatran and Azumarill) removed, there's little to none that can stop him. He is the god of mid-late game sweeper and you'll know why I choose this mega for my team later in the replay of my 1418-rate winning match. Once DD, and he can kill any fairies before they can do anything to him. Even Hippowdon comes switching in it'll be too late because he'll 2HKO it either way. But the main reason why I picked him is because of his synergy with Kyurem-B. He basically shut down Scizor and Ferrothorn which is a great problem for Kyurem-B. The EV is made so that he'll have enough bulk to not be OHKO-ed while setting DD, while still ensuring speed faster than fully invested scarf Lando-T. Moveset is pretty self explanatory, I choose Roost there to keep up the pressure against stall team and allows you more option against Bisharp or Rocky Helmet Ferrothorn instead of just suicide attack with Flare Blitz.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Defog​

The hazard remover of the team. He basically is the protector of my two core pokemons. With such a speed he is able to sweep any dragon that comes threatening Kyurem-B or Zard-X, while also providing Defog so that Charizard can enter the battlefield safely. He is also apparently provides greater coverage for my team with Psyshock, scaring off the likes of Conkeldurr and Keldeo which would otherwise be threatening. Surf is there to hit mono fire-type and weakened Talonflame without solely relying on Lando-T. Remember he is very important and must always survive until the opponent's Stealth Rock setter being disposed. The IV is made to minimize Life Orb's recoil (299 HP) and Foul Play's damage.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Hyperspace Fury
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot​

The new beast that I found and have similar kit to Bisharp for my team, kill fairies and Latios/Latias. I got this idea after battling some Hoopa-U and realized how terrifying a sweeper he can be. I decided to make the physical scarf set because his speed is very lacking and my team doesn't really allow safe switch-ins to cover Hoopa from Latios's Draco Meteor. But with scarf he can one-shot Latios before he even make a move, and when certain threats are removed Hyperspace Fury will still deal massive damage to opponents that doesn't resist it. Zen Headbutt is there to catch the likes of Keldeo and Lopunny off-guard when they think they're faster. Gunk Shot kill fairies almost instantly and give me a chance to counterattack even after they successfully stack Calm Mind. It also sweep Serperior and other grass-types handily. Drain Punch is there to give more coverage such as against Kyurem-B, Bisharp, and Tyranitar.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Explosion
- U-turn​

One of my most consistent lead pokemon. Lando-T is so versatile and having such stats, I definitely can't overlook it. First of all, he provides further coverage with EQ capable to one shot Heatran and Magnezone (which Kyurem-B hates), while Stone Edge can purge Talonflame and Tornadus/Thundurus into oblivion if you make good prediction. He is also very important when facing against opposing Charizard-X, remember this because if you're forced to switch out you can use Lando-T to nullify DD attack boost. Now with Hoopa-U in the team, I no longer need Superpower and changed it to Explosion instead. Explosion is a massive wallbreaker that I can use now whenever Lando-T is weakened or simply want to dispose of threats. Those threats include M-Altaria, which usually can be OHKO-ed instantly. U-Turn is an answer when you're not sure or faced with difficult choice. It usually acts as a safe play and sometimes can be beneficial to hit the likes of Latios and Hoopa very hard.

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Now for the last member is always the trickiest for me. Before anything, I always take a look again at my team and then I noticed this team needs more special attacker and grass-type to deal with rain team especially M-Swampert at that. And what comes to mind immediately was this beautiful snake which is hot recently with its Contrary build. She is one that is very easy to setup and sometimes can turn the tide for you after a disadvantageous position. I usually switch her in into low HP or sash-ed opponents to revenge kill while gaining Leaf Storm boost at the same time. After that it's very easy to deal with majority of the tier as Dragon Pulse and HP Fire provides great coverage. It even allows you to sweep Scizor and Ferrothorn before they do undesirable things. You just need to make sure Heatran and other checks are taken care of before utilizing her monstrous sweeping capability. She is also surprisingly efficient to deal with annoying opponents like Rotom-W, Slowbro, Hippowdon, etc. And despite she adds more ice weaknesses to my team, she is immune to Spore which makes it a versatile switch-in against Breloom or Amoonguss. The IV spread is made to minimize Life Orb's damage (289 HP) and obtain HP Fire.

1400 ELO Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-256509730
1480 ELO Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-257127319

Weaknesses: As it stand I already figured out several weaknesses but there might be some other that I overlooked and you can point out to me.
  • M-Altaria
  • Ice-type user such as Weavile, Cloyster, and Mamoswine
  • Bug-type namely M-Pinsir, M-Heracross, Volcarona
  • U-turn spammers
  • Status move especially Toxic/Poison
However, I still don't have an answer to cover these flaws while still preserving my team's firepower. Regardless of that I currently enjoy this team, because even though it's not perfect yet it gave me so much fun playing. Thanks for reading ^.^

UPDATES: As you probably know this is a renewed version of the team and the more aggresive version of it. With Hoopa-U now it's literally sweep-or-go-home team. But don't worry I've also made the team that includes Latias, Jirachi, and different build Lando-T (Soft Sand), Serperior (Sub+Leech Seed). However, I'm still in the middle of figuring out how to play that team and as such, haven't achieved the best result yet.

Last edited:
Your team looks very good, but it's really glaring weakness is your Three Dragon Types. It causes a HUGE Fairy/Dragon weakness (Although Char does take reg. Damage). You can run Support M-Altaria to heal burns on Lando and Kyurem, (Or D-Dance Variants if you want a setup user) or M-Gardevoir for the hyper voice to destroy enemy M-Altaria, opposing Char-X, and any other Dragon types dare to stand before you, which helps at your goal at destoring teams as a Hyper Aggro team should. You can use Sylveon, if you really want Char-X

I dont Agree with Klefki Since this is a hyper offensive team, klefki doesn't place much offensive pressure other than paralysis, but Ground/Electric types as well as M-Sceptile can use it as playthings, the latter only worrying about Dazzling Gleam/Play Rough. I suggest Scarf Jirachi instead of Bisharp, and making your Lando the Soft Sand Variant in Davis set, but you can replace rocks for SD if you want more of a pressure on mons who can Shrug off Rocks. Keep in mind Air baloon Heatran becomes a slight problem, but it is dealt with as Fire Blast 2HKO's Lando, allowing a quick SE/EQ kill. Jirachi can do much things, (Besides Resisting Both Dragons and Fairy's which were troublesome) It has a 60% Body Slam Paralysis rate, so 3/5 of the time your enemy will be status'd, and paralyzes Ground types, which T-Wave can't do, along with Sceptile-Mega. Iron Head unleashes Hax God among even more mons as Scarf allows you to hit Mega Altaria before D-Dance, and Mega Gardevoir. Jirachi can U-Turn out, allowing EVEN MORE pressure by pivoting, (besides Lando). It also has healing wish, in which it's usefulness is mentioned later in the comment. I suggest Changing Latios from Recover to Healing Wish. Latios is really just a supporter on your team. It doesn't really need Recover as it's main job it to clear Hazards. It might wear it down, but it's too frail to find a recover time, without expecting a Bisharp Trap or a Ever common knock off. Healing Wish completely renews your pokemon that need it Like Kyurem and Lando, and Char in a pinch, and removes pesky Paralysis and burns. Try not to use it until their Hazard Setter is dead, or rocks will get reset after it dies. Latias is a better alt. if you want more Sp.Def coverage, but you sack some Sp.Attack power, which is not good on Aggro teams. Starmie gives you a better option to remove hazards, as it outspeeds mons like Keldeo, and Rapid spin doesn't require you to set up rocks when you see hazards on your side you want to remove. Scald also burns, so it can be great in a pinch. You do lose Healing Wish I believe.

Dump:
Landorus-Therian @ Soft Sand
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock/Swords Dance

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Hyper Voice
- Heal Bell
- Flamethrower

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch
- Healing Wish/Body Slam

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 Spa / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin

Last edited:
Hey guys thank you for all your advice! New ideas rapidly surging into my mind now even though I'm rather stuck before. I will try new Lando-T build since Scarf against good players is usually being figured just right after one move and I will have to switch immediately, that put me in a tight spot if he predicted what I'm going to switch in. Also I want to ask how much Jolly nature hurt Zard-X power? Is all the important threats can still be OHKO-ed just like Adamant nature? If you see in my replay do you think my Zard-X can still kill that Hippowdon if he's Jolly?

Oh yeah I completely forgot about Hammer Arm haha. I've tried Jirachi before but it's not on Bisharp's place and not scarfed! so I would try your idea. What I'm asking though is it okay to lose the Dark-type coverage? Latios with Healing Wish sounds good too, I will try it.

The thing is that Klefki gets ruined by Magic Guard and Priority Taunt as you said, which is found on more defensive teams. It gets walled by Sableye despite it having Fairy moves. I personally like Jirachi better as it's not as situational. While it does get checked by Scarf Ground types, so does Klef, as it can't do anything to them besides set up screens (If you run that set). Jirachi, can preform a number of tasks better than Klefki, while not as reliable, it Can Paralyze most of the time, as well as Flinch, Burn in a pinch, Pivot, and even use Healing wish in a battle it's has no use. If Klefki faced a Defensive/Stall/Sand team, it has little use. Also for Spikes, It really depends on whether or not he wants to set it up and get defogged, in which you lose 2 turns, without even hitting the Defogger (Unless its grounded type like Empoleon). All Jirachi has to watch for is ScarfTran,Scarf Ground Types, and Synchronoise mons.(Notably off the top of my head), while Klef needs to pay attention to ScarfTran, Scarf Ground types, Status Absorbers, ect.

Hey guys thank you for all your advice! New ideas rapidly surging into my mind now even though I'm rather stuck before. I will try new Lando-T build since Scarf against good players is usually being figured just right after one move and I will have to switch immediately, that put me in a tight spot if he predicted what I'm going to switch in. Also I want to ask how much Jolly nature hurt Zard-X power? Is all the important threats can still be OHKO-ed just like Adamant nature? If you see in my replay do you think my Zard-X can still kill that Hippowdon if he's Jolly?

Oh yeah I completely forgot about Hammer Arm haha. I've tried Jirachi before but it's not on Bisharp's place and not scarfed! so I would try your idea. What I'm asking though is it okay to lose the Dark-type coverage? Latios with Healing Wish sounds good too, I will try it.
If your scared about Dark coverage Sylveon works great, since I figured you like Char a lot.
Enemy Bisharp can be annoying, but it should outspeed if you run max speed with Jolly nature, deals with Adamant Bish fine

Hey guys it says Healing Wish on Latios is illegal. I've changed the Zard-X and Landorus though and am excited to try it ^.^

Fay, I made a typo. Latias gets Healing Wish, and Latios doesn't (What?) Anyways, if you want healing wish Jirachi gets it and so does Latias if you wanna swap it out

Instead of Healing Wish, Latios gets Memento. It's used in Ubers more than OU, but if you want to try it as a gimmick, feel free to do so.
Also, as others have mentioned, three Dragon-type Pokémon on a team and no resistances to either Dragon, Fairy, or Ice really hurt your team, especially against opposing Kyurem-B or Mega Altaria. I suggest changing Mega Charizard X to Mega Scizor, as it poses a threat to said Pokémon and also gives your team a bit of priority to boot. Here is the Bulky Swords Dance set, which I recommend you use:
Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

As your Hoopa runs Hyperspace Fury as its Dark STAB move of choice, Scizor here has the Knock Off utility to cripple opposing Pokémon that rely on items, such as Chansey and Shed Shell Skarmory.

These are just my two cents; however, I encourage you to take my advice into account while editing your team. Hope I helped! :)

Instead of Healing Wish, Latios gets Memento. It's used in Ubers more than OU, but if you want to try it as a gimmick, feel free to do so.
Also, as others have mentioned, three Dragon-type Pokémon on a team and no resistances to either Dragon, Fairy, or Ice really hurt your team, especially against opposing Kyurem-B or Mega Altaria. I suggest changing Mega Charizard X to Mega Scizor, as it poses a threat to said Pokémon and also gives your team a bit of priority to boot. Here is the Bulky Swords Dance set, which I recommend you use:
Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

As your Hoopa runs Hyperspace Fury as its Dark STAB move of choice, Scizor here has the Knock Off utility to cripple opposing Pokémon that rely on items, such as Chansey and Shed Shell Skarmory.

These are just my two cents; however, I encourage you to take my advice into account while editing your team. Hope I helped! :)
Memento/HP Fire/Earthquake does fine, Hidden Power deals with Ferro and Bisharp, and EQ deals with Heatran/Tyranitar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)