Ursaring Team

team based around ursaring. well not really. i basically just took ursaring and stuck it on a pretty standard team.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Substitute
- Wish
- Baton Pass

passes subs. i dunno what to lead with.
Alternatives: Drifblim would also give me a Ghost to block spin, but no wish support is :[. although it would be nice to spread some sleep/burn for easier ursa sweep. manaphy can change the weather if tar rears it's ugly head.

Ursaring @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Quick Feet
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature (+Atk , -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Fire Punch
- In Fight / Earthquake

base of the team. EVs need help. Jolly or adamant? jolly still won't make him too fast. iirc, fire punch 2KOs skarm. and, yes orb activates under sub.
Alternatives: no.

Salamence @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 224 HP / 136 Atk / 148 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast

wtf why so much hp ? ? ? i dunno.
Alternatives: Gyara.

Cresseria @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: need help lots.
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Charge Beam / Grass Rope
- Moonlight

would reflect be more useful > CM? i want grass rope but gyara. ;[
Alternatives: lol Blissey, emuritto.

Skarmory @ Beautiful Skin
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Feather Rest
- Steel Wing
- Whirlwind
- Spikes

SPIKEED.
Alternatives: dootakun.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Trait: Hard Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Atk
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

absorb status please.
Alternatives: Dusknoir really should be here. but that gives me a tar weak++.

this team needs more status inducers imo.

lol english names.

Skarmory @ Beautiful Skin
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
- Feather Rest
- Steel Wing
- Whirlwind
- Spikes

SPIKEED.
Alternatives: dootakun.
Right off the bat: needs less spikes and more stealth rock!

Edit: And maybe drill peck instead of steel wing, but that choice really doesn't make much of a difference. I mean who uses skarm to attack anyways. <pfft>

Right off the bat: needs less spikes and more stealth rock!

Edit: And maybe drill peck instead of steel wing, but that choice really doesn't make much of a difference. I mean who uses skarm to attack anyways. <pfft>
I do, using steel wing. but that is to kill aero and t-tar. like you said less spikes more Stealth Rock.

with Ursaring, I would go for In fight, just watch out for ghosts.

Matt

Maybe monads might not matter
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I don't think you have enough support for Ursaring. You have a good idea in trying to set him up with Sub+Toxic Orb+Quick Feet, but what happens when the opponent starts laying spikes+starts sandstream? Ursaring's your only physical attacker without an ice weakness, and will have to come in on things like Blissey, which means it will start losing health fast.

I'd drop Skarmory altogether for a Rapid Spinner, perhaps a Light Screen or Reflect Claydol to help Ursaring take a few hits.

Drop Cresseria for a Wish/Seismic Toss Blissey, since Cresseria is NOT going to stop a CM Raikou/Scheme Azelf if it can't damage them at all.

Metagross can go over Rhyperior for a physical attacker without an Ice weakness, and it still resists Normal/Rock/Flying. Perhaps Meteor Mash/Earthquake/Rest/Sleep Talk, to try and replicate the set you had.

Even with these changes though, you have a hard time switching into things like CB Tyranitar/Heracross. I haven't seen all of the new Pokemon yet, so I can't really work out the resistances, but I don't think the team would last very long against some of the new things people are talking about, like those two with their new moves, and LANDS^H^H^H^H^H Garchomp. You might want to remake the team, with Ursaring and those things in mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)