ORAS UU UU bulky offence/ pressure

Hi, this is my first time asking for a rating/ assistance on a team and I am typing this on mobile so forgive any mistakes :)

I'm coming off a 2~ year hiatus where I did really well in Ou/UU and I just decided to get back into it a few days ago so my knowledge of the meta is not fantastic. I decided to stick with mons I either knew how to play, or who looked like they could be quite powerful after around 6-7 'warm up games'. This team I threw together in around 1-2 mins but after an hour session I haven't lost with around 80 GXE and 1300 ELO. There are obviously a few gaps in the team so I was hoping to get some suggestions as I move higher.

No team building process besides;
- I must have crocune
- mega beedrill looks solid
- want to try dragalge because an offensive specially defensive pivot is wicked. Plus it get adaptability- like wow.

The team:
Dragalge @ choice specs
Ability: adaptability
Ev's: 248 HP / 252 SPA / 8 SPD
Modest nature
-Draco meteor
- sludge bomb
- focus blast
- shadow ball

This thing is a monster. I thought nidoking with life orb and sheer force was pretty damn slick in gen 5, but dragalge's Draco puts him to shame. Checks most of the fire, grass, fairy, water types in tier due to typing and obliterates everything on the switch. He also as previously stated can tank a lot of special attackers, provided they don't hit him with an ice beam or earth power.
Unsure about shadowball however. I seem to lead with him a lot and was thinking I could fake a life orb set by running toxic spikes and force in their special/steel wall in early for infernape + tempo.
Overall a great mon.

Suicune @ leftovers
Ability: pressure
Ev's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SPD
Bold nature
- scald
- sleep talk
- rest
- calm mind

Crocune has to be one of my favourite mons. The sheer brutality of it is insane- I don't know of many other mons that you can switch in on a game that you should lose, tank all the opponents hits, set up and sweep. Everyone knows about it, still not easy to deal with if you let the pokes that can actually wear it down die. Was thinking of dropping 4 HP EV's for speed against a crocune speed tie, and for 403 HP preventing stealth rock death. I've been doing a lot of switching.

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant nature
EV's: 252 Atk / 4 Spd / 252 Spe
- u turn
- poison jab
- protect
- drill run

This thing is ridiculous for UU tier power. For me it shows the power creep of gen 6. 440 attack + x2 STAB is redicoulous. I'm happy with all of the moves in the set- beedrill has outs against pretty much every opponent. Plus when they forget I can bring beedrill in and protect for extra residual damage from burn/ poison before switching out to a counter with u turn it's fantastic. Basically those three mons performed exactly as I hoped, providing some serious offensive power coupled with durability.

Infernape Life Orb
Ability: iron fist
Jolly nature
EV's: 252 Atck / 4 Spd / 252 Spe
- Stealth rocks
- close combat
- flare blitz
- u turn

Basically infernape destroyes the steel/ fairy/ normal walls that come out to stop the previous threats. He provides rocks, switch initiative with u turn (with beedrill too some games the double switches leave the opponent super wide open for a close combat or flare blitz to an obvious switch). Close combat can bust a weakend suicune on the switch- CC does around 40%. Can't really take a hit, but it only tanks against banded Enti's blue flare and the like. I think the biggest threat to it is a scarfed EQ, or just scarfed threat such a hydreigon in general. I mean that's what suicune/ snorlax are for and I haven't been caught out yet, but it's possible.

Snorlax Leftovers
Ability: thick fat
EV's: 252 HP / 4 Atk/ 126 Defence / 126 SpD
Relaxed nature
- curse
- rest
- sleep talk
- body slam

Yes I went for a curselax + crocune because I could. The bulk on this guy is insane. Has saved my bacon at +1 a couple of times due to taking barely any damage. Could this slot be more useful? Could HE be more useful? I think he could be. Maybe whirlwind or toxic? Idk you tell me.

The last slot is a sort of weird filler for defog/ support. Not sold on it. Need some advice here.

Croat @ leftovers
Ability: inner focus
EV's 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Lax nature
- u turn
- defog
- roost
- taunt

He provides the much needed hazard removal/ taunt but I think there is probably a better way to fit him in or potentially another mon entirely?

I have not encountered any super pressing threats yet. I have managed to play around everything although something is bound to pop up pretty soon. Will update when I encounter it.

As I said pretty new to the ORAS UU meta so any advice appreciated!

Hey __N This is a pretty solid looking team, and I like to see someone else using disgusting Dual Setup cores.
So first, I'm going to take a look at Dragalge. First, I'd suggest a quick ev spread change to 180 HP / 252 Spa / 76 Spe. What this does is allows you to outspeed minus natured base 60's like Swampert, and then a little bit. While Swampert isn't super common, this spread also creeps the Standard spread by a couple points because speed ties are absolutely horrible. Secondly, I'd like to suggest changing Shadow Ball for Dragon Pulse to have a more spammable dragon STAB + the only thing you hit with Shadow Ball is the quite uncommon Bronzong, which you eat alive with Infernape and Cune. I'd also like to suggest Sludge Wave > Sludge Bomb since the slight power boost is better for Dragalge than the 30% poison chance. Finally, you did say that you considered bluffing Specs, and if you want to do that I'd suggest Dragon Fang as its held item, and replace Dragon Pulse/Shadow Ball for Toxic Spikes which will give you more hazards to wear down teams, and also goes well with my next suggestion.

Okay, so next, I notice that Sub + DD/SD Feraligatr absolutely tears your team a new one, so I'm going to suggest changing Sleep Talk OR Calm Mind with Roar on Suicune. This allows you a way to not lose to the aforementioned Sub + Setup Gatr, as well as other things like DD Mence and bulky CM Psychics that can beat Cune 1v1 with Psyshock as well as being able to abuse TSpikes + Rocks if you go down that road. Replacing Sleep Talk means you lose 2 turns if you want to recover, but losing Calm Mind makes you far more passive, so your choice.

With the very bulky way this team is looking, I'd like to suggest Blackglasses + Rocks Krookodile > Infernape as this gives you a solid check to the steels in the tier like Doublade, and gives you a very powerful SR user that is much bulkier thanks to Intimidate and natural bulk. This slows your team down, but I like the idea of Slow fat stuff with Pivot Bat and Bee to apply pressure.

With Curselax, I'd like to recommend switching the ev spread to the Standard CurseLax spread which will do things like give you a better switch to special attackers while still having good physical bulk.

Finally with Crobat, I have a couple changes that'll improve what you currently have. First change is to change the ability from Inner Focus to Infiltrator which allow you to punish Sub users, and it's just a much better ability than IF since there's like no Fake Out users in the tier. Next I wanna change the item - Leftovers to Black Sludge/Sky Plate - Black Sludge gives more recovery than Lefties does btw, and Sky Plate makes Crobat more offensive which leads me to my next suggestions. I'd like to change your EV spread and nature to 176 HP / 88 Atk / 244 Spe with a Jolly Nature. This spread will allow you to still chew up hits from the various fighting types in the tier as well as having enough speed to outrun Adamant Bee and Modest Sceptile which are more common in the current meta. Finally I'd like to suggest Brave Bird/Acrobatics > Taunt as this will actually give your Crobat an offensive presence with STAB flying. If you decide on Acrobatics, run No Item so that you get full power, and this also makes Crobat a great switchin to Knock Off users like Mega Bee and Krookodile. I really don't think the full phys def spread is necessary since your team has a Suicune and Lax, and having speedy Crobat gives you an even better pivot.

So that's all of my suggestions. I know it's a lot, and I didn't want to change the general structure of the team aside from Krook, so I decided that move/ev spread/nature changes would be better to keep the image more or less the same. Hope I helped out!
Dragalge @ Dragon Fang / Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Toxic Spikes / Dragon Pulse

Krookodile @ Black Glasses
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Pursuit

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 144 HP / 188 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Crobat @ Sky Plate / Black Sludge / No Item
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 176 HP / 88 Atk / 244 Spe
Serious Nature
- Brave Bird / Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

BreloomMyHomie

Golden State Warriors Bandwagon Fan
Hey man, just for future RMTs, you can just copy and paste the sets from the teambuilder so it looks neater. Anyways, I like the team, and Mr Murkrow pretty much said it all, except I would like to suggest one more thing.

I noticed your team really has a huge Psychic weakness, so pokemon like CM Reuniclus can run through the team, as you only have one check with no counters. This is why I'm suggesting Mandibuzz over Crobat. Mandibuzz provides Defog support just like Crobat does but also counters CM Reuniclus, which is a problem to the team.

Mandibuzz @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 240 HP / 216 SpD / 52 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Defog

With 52 Speed Evs, you outspeed standard Gligar and Cresselia, crippling them with Taunt and Knock Off. 240 HP EVs allows you to switch into Stealth Rocks 4 times without dying. The special defense evs lets Mandibuzz take on Chandelure, Hydreigon, and Shaymin. Overcoat is to negate sleep powder, and Leftovers is pretty self explanatory. Roost is their to increase Mandibuzz's longevity, Taunt is to cripple walls mentioned above, and Defog is to get rid of hazards just like Crobat did for your team.

Hope you take this suggestion into consideration, and gl with the team.

Hey __N,

First off, welcome back to UU n_n

Anyway, somethings that I can immediately tell from looking at the team is that the pokemon on it do not really have standard sets or spreads and they don't really seem to have any flow to them. Then the next thing I noticed was how easy it is for something, almost anything, to set up on this team. I think the fact that these are not standard sets and whatnot might have a factor in winning games which I guess works, but you came here for a reason and that is to fix this team.

Mr.Murkrow had some good suggestions, I second the Drag set switch, but I want to explain a thing to your face about the Sludge Bomb to Sludge Wave switch. Another reason this is used, and not just on Drag but also other mons that can chose from the two, is because of Chesnaught and its ability Bulletproof which protects it from moves like this. I'm not sure if you knew that so fun fact I guess. I would suggest the Draco Plate set with Toxic Spikes (the same as the dragon fang set, just with a plate :]).

Next! BreloomMyHomie mentioned your Psychic-type weakness and thee Krookodile set Mr. Murkrow suggested should be more than enough to cover this weakness since you outspeed the ones that can really mess with the team (Although, I would prefer Dread Plate over BlackGlasses :]). On this set I would definetely run Pursuit in the last slot just to help with Psychic-types that wanna switch or really anything, ya feel? Plus Intimidate will help this team more than you can even imagine right now.

My closing statement will be mentioning Roar over Calm Mind OR Sleep Talk on Suicune. The choice of which is really just up to you, but you need roar on this team because set up mons will actually set up on any current mon on the team bar Mega Bee. This will help you stop that in its tracks. If you keep CM then you can keep the two set up mons, and if you keep Sleep Talk then you have a very decent defensive annoyance wall. Two set up mons is very unique and I would think that would be the best bet, but again your choice.

Hope the team ends up working well for you :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)