UU Cores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here have a standard FWG core as well :)

+
+
= YAY FWG CORE OMG

Entei @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EV's: 96 HP/ 252 Atk/ 160 Spd
Nature: Adamant
-Sacred Fire
-Extreme Speed
-Bulldoze
-Stone Edge

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EV's: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Atk
Nature: Impish
-Spikes
-Leech Seed
-Spiky Shield
-Wood Hammer

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent => Mega Launcher
EV's: 252 HP/ 192 SpDef/ 64 SpAtk
Nature: Calm
-Scald
-Dark Pulse
-Aura Sphere
-Rapid Spin

Core Description: Ah the beloved FireWaterGrass core, its solid at its core (punny I know) and has held tried and true through the Generations. AV Entei is a form of bulky offense and spreads burns that the other team members like having over their opponents; Chesnaught resists ALL of Entei's weaknesses and Entei resists Chesnaught's 3 most common weaknesses in Fire, Ice, and Fairy (can't you just smell the synergy?). M-Blastoise is there for Rapid Spin support as well as threatening out pretty much all of Entei's primary threats. Chesnaught's EV's are standard, but Entei and Blastoise's are custom. Entei's were originally suggested by the user Passion and the EV's were designed for OU to outspeed Adamant Max Speed Excadrill and retain good bulk; these EV's haven't failed me in UU yet, so I have let them be. Blastoise's is invested in SpDef to deal with Nidoking/queen much easier and the SpAtk EV's are there to smack things a little harder than a pure Special Defense set. Hope this helps! :)
Apparently AV Entei sucks, though I've never used it so I don't know.

Everyone expects Choice Band, you would be surprised how many people you can catch with their pants down. Also, 115/85/75 defenses boosted by AV and with how often Sacred Fire burns things makes for a very bulky threat. Think of it as a UU Bulkzard X minus the recovery in Roost.(That's the best way for me to describe it)

Everyone expects Choice Band, you would be surprised how many people you can catch with their pants down. Also, 115/85/75 defenses boosted by AV and with how often Sacred Fire burns things makes for a very bulky threat. Think of it as a UU Bulkzard X minus the recovery in Roost.(That's the best way for me to describe it)
Roost is the ONLY thing that makes Bulkzard X viable, SR weakness+no recovery makes for poor defensive mons.

The closest thing to a bulky defensive fire type UU has is Arcanine who has access to recovery, a much better ability (actually 2 much better abilities) and better coverage moves, it doesn't have sacred fire but flare blitz and/or will-o-wisp can fill that role somewhat decently.

AV Entei is more of a bulky attacker, but lack of recovery+sr weakness combined with the lack of a damage boosting item makes this rather mediocre tbh.

Tldr: use offensive Entei or don't use Entei at all.

Yay. I get to rant.
-------------------------------
DEFENSIVE CORE~

Furfrou @ Leftovers
EV: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Atk (Impish) OR 252 HP, 100 Def, 100 SpD, 56 Atk (Careful/Adamant)
Return
Toxic
Cotton Guard
Refresh/Roar

Cresselia @ Light Clay
EV: 252 HP, 252 SpD, 4 SpA (Calm/Modest)
Psychic/Psyshock
Reflect
Light Screen
Moonlight
---------------------------------
I'm sad to say how underrated these Pokemon are. Furfrou is easily one of the single BEST physical tanks I have ever used. With access to Refresh, Toxic stalling isn't an issue for it. It can take Special hits decently (Although I'd leave that up to Cresselia) and if the opponent has nothing left but physical attackers, and you get off a Cotton Guard, GG. The only issue with it is its lack of recovery outside of Leftovers.
And everyone knows how bulky Cresselia is. I don't even have to explain her, but if you can get Furfrou behind dual screens, that thing is HELL to take out. An Assault Vest set is viable for either of these Pokemon, although I don't recommend it.

Last edited:
Roost is the ONLY thing that makes Bulkzard X viable, SR weakness+no recovery makes for poor defensive mons.

The closest thing to a bulky defensive fire type UU has is Arcanine who has access to recovery, a much better ability (actually 2 much better abilities) and better coverage moves, it doesn't have sacred fire but flare blitz and/or will-o-wisp can fill that role somewhat decently.

AV Entei is more of a bulky attacker, but lack of recovery+sr weakness combined with the lack of a damage boosting item makes this rather mediocre tbh.

Tldr: use offensive Entei or don't use Entei at all.
I get what you mean by saying Entei is a bulky attacker, how it shouldn't be used defensively, and I do admit that my comparison between Entei and Bulkzard X isn't really the best; but how is Adamant Max Atk with 4 attacks not offensive? I only use the AV to stay in on moves that the Choice Band set would never dream of (albeit I ONLY do this if it is ABSOLUTELY necessary to win) and to safely switch Entei in on a majority of Chesnaught's threats (Other Fire-Types, Fairy-Types, and anything packing Ice Beam that isn't a Water-Type).

Hope this cleared things up a bit :)

Since I really enjoy this thread, I'm gonna post another core that I used on a Semi-Stall team:

+
+

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force/Sand Stream
EV's: 248 HP/92 Def/168 SpDef (credit to UU ALL DAY for the EV Spread)
Nature:Careful (+SpDef, -SpAtk)
-Stealth Rock
-Slack Off
-Whirlwind
-Earthquake

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
EV's: 252 HP/120 Def /136 SpD
-Spikes
-Rest
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb/Hidden Power (Ice)

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability:Torrent => Mega Launcher
EV's: 252 HP/ 192 SpDef/ 64 Def or SpAtk
-Scald
-Dark Pulse
-Aura Sphere/Ice Beam
-Rapid Spin

Description: Hippowdon is (to my knowledge) the bulkiest Pokemon in the UU tier and as a result, one of the best walls in the tier (no shit right?). Stealth Rock is on this set because it is Stealth Rock, Slack Off is for healing up after a beat down or two, Whirlwind is to cockblock set up sweepers, and Earthquake is your attacking move in case you get taunted or just want to smack something around. Roserade eats up Water and Grass-Type moves directed toward your Hungry Hippo and sets up Spikes on the switch out (I personally think Chesnaught does this a little better, so feel free to switch Roserade with Chesnaught if it feels necessary). Roserade has Rest+Natural Cure and Giga Drain for recovery, and your choice of Sludge Bomb or HP Ice as a coverage option. Blastoise does what Blastoise does best: a free Rapid Spin. The EV Spread is the same as my last post and is meant to give your team an easier time with the Nido's and tank some Fire-Type moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)