ORAS UU UU highly aggravating toxic stall

Hey everyone, thanks for reading. I have been getting back into pokemon after a few years not playing. I've been getting used to playing with a new type and mega-evolutions. I've been playing mostly in UU and LC and managed to put together the following team. The basic idea is spreading around toxic and burns and then just waiting things out. The main problems I've run into are teams that effectively use heal bell and magic guard. The current build is somewhat lacking in offense, but has done fairly well with pure stall.

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic
- Protect

This is typically my lead because of priority burn/toxic. It is taunt fodder without an attack, but Will-o-Wisp is important for steel and poison types. With priority recover/protect Sableye is a fairly effective mixed wall against poisoned opponents. I try to keep Sableye more protected against teams with steel and poison types.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell

Blissey is, of course, a fantastic special wall and wish passer. I opted for heal bell over toxic so Blissey typically must rely on team support for status. Seismic toss is for moderate damage, but has rarely been useful.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonlight
- Toxic
- Psychic
- Ice Beam

Apparently Cresselia is a real beast. Physically defensive Cresselia can take almost any physical hit and with toxic can take out many physical threats on its own. I've also found that I sometimes use Cresselia as a back up special wall or to get in a toxic.

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Defog

Empoleon works for both stealth rocks and defog as well as a special wall. It lacks any reliable recovery outside of wish passes from Blissey, so it is a less effective wall than the others. Admittedly, I like having stealth rocks up for the extra damage and to check certain threats, but I often find them to be somewhat unnecessary since the team, as it is, does not rely on offensive power that would benefit significantly from the entry damage.

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Synthesis
- Toxic
- Spiky Shield
- Wood Hammer

Chesnaught tends to have the least place on this team other than as a back up physical wall. Spiky shield adds a turn to toxic and sometimes some damage and synthesis for recover. I find that wood hammer is a somewhat effective attack, although not enough to be terribly reliable. When a sacrifice is necessary (often to bring in Sableye for a priority burn or toxic), chesnaught is typically the victim.

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Reuniclus is the main offense. It can switch in on a number of lighter physical or special attacks and proceed to set up calm mind. It isn't fast so it must rely on bulk and recover to keep fighting. I have had some games in which Reuniclus knocks out most of the opposing team. Ideally, the opposing team is weakened allowing for a gap to get Reuniclus in to set up and sweep.

I have found that the team tends to be a bit physically defensive, so teams heavy in special attackers tend to put lots of pressure on Blissey and Sableye. The main issue I'm looking to fix is offense. The team has been fairly effective as it is, but tends to rely too heavily on toxic/protect/recover so it sometimes gets into PP stall matches, which tend to make the opponent somewhat aggravated. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Hey, cool team you have here. There are a couple of changes that could really improve your team. The first would be to go with taunt over protect on sableye the extra leftovers recovery is not worth sacrificing sableye's ability to act as a stall breaker w/taunt to wear through bulky cores. The second is to use alomomola over cresselia as having non cm cress is redundant w/ reuniclus. Alomomola gives you a physical (and sometimes mixed wall) w/ the ability to act as a better pivot thanks to regenerator and another wish passer. Hope this helps.

Alomomola @ leftovers
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 attack
EVs: 136 HP, 252 Def, 120 SpDef
Wish
Protect
Scald
Toxic

Death by taunt!
I recommend using something that can bounce back all them taunts yo. Those include Xatu, Mega Absol, and the magical Espeon.
Espeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Protect
- Psyshock
- Hyper Voice
it's an odd set, but it kinda works.

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
Hi! Nice stall team you have there.
  • First thing I noticed is that you really have no way to beat other Magic Bounce / Magic Guard users reliably. I would suggest using the standard Sableye set with Taunt / Will-O-Wisp / Knock Off / Recover, you have enough Toxic users to make no Toxic on this really irrelevant, and Knock Off helps a ton with knocking off key items and just a way to damage things without being taunt bait. Knock Off also helps you beat LO Hydreigon. (Same EV Spread)
  • Like King Wynaut said, Cresselia is pretty useless to this team. However, VoltTurn absolutely obliterates you right now because you have no electric immunity and the other team is free to just pivot around. To combat this you can either put Rocky Helmet on your Alomomola to punish U-turn from the likes of Mega Beedrill, or you can change that slot to Mega Swampert. This allows you to have an electric immunity which deters your opponent from clicking Volt Switch. It also lets you get rocks off empoleon in favor of Ice Beam or Roar . The Pert moveset should be Scald / Earthquake / Stealth Rock / Rest, with a spread of 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk with a Relaxed Nature. This allows you to Rest up without passing a wish from Blissey, and then you just have to Heal Bell with Blissey. Another option would be to keep rocks on Empoleon and run Roar or Toxic in that remaining slot with Mega Swampert. Hope I helped!
Good luck with the team in the future!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)