(UU)- it actually seems to be more fun than OU!

Simply, I got back into shoddy a couple of weeks ago, and I gave UU a try later in that week. I have since gained a huge interest in it, and I kind of need some advice- my team is sucessful, but Azumarill... well it simply wrecks it badly.

Uxie @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/110 Def/148 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Trick
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
---

This is my starter, similarly to my Choice Specs Rotom-W I use in OU, he simply is there to annoy, and lay down some rocks. He works pretty well, but I only get one chance on the Trick, lately i've had some issues where I screwed up, and the wrong thing got the Choice Scarf, but mostly this thing doesn't die until I decide it needs to, or if it's use is done. U-Turn does pretty good damage as well. Toxic works, but I'm thinking on changing it to Reflect and I'm testing it now. Actually, it does quite a bit to Absol, and survives Night Slashes, but CH' Night Slashes pretty much render it useless for everything else. It really works, but I need more help with it as I end up tossing Toxics out towards the end of the match as well. If he gets the rocks down, he's done his job- save for certain areas.

Charizard (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Focus Blast
---

Simply put, I'm impressed with this guy, last time I did UU Ladder, he surprised me by sweeping through my opposition's Altaria and Milotic on its own, Air Slash really helps with that flinch chance. unfourtenately, I need to fix his HP Ev's- as Stealth Rock generally gives him one chance to wreak havoc, due to me not having a spinner. He doesn't like Milotic, unless I guess right and toss up a HP Grass or get a Flinch or something from Air Slash he usually is done, especially if stealth rock is gone (meaning he just tries what he can)

Electrode @ Life Orb
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 4 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder
- Taunt

I tried him out, due to feeling that having too much of a Fire/Ground weak with Magneton was a bit much. However, the only thing that kind of pisses me off with him is namely Thunder, I know I've gotten some surprise when Thunder KO's something that Thunderbolt wouldn't have, but lately Electrode seems to thrash and die- at least 5 or 6 battles that I lost, could have been won- but Electrode missed a Thunder and died- leaving my team open to sweeps. Overall, ignoring the many misses Thunder has warranted, he's my second most reliable battler.
---

Gastrodon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP/132 Def/16 SAtk/104 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stockpile
- Recover
- Surf
- Ice Beam
---

I needed a water, but the problem is that either way, Gastrodon is pointless. With the physical version, Grasses walled him, and any status other than paralysis ruined him for the rest of time. However, now that I switched to the special side, other waters wall him and generally I really don't use him that much- other than to absorb various attacks that noone else could, such as flames, water, or ground attacks. I do let him get burned both literally and figuratively too much for his own good, but he does the job, if not dealing much damage- if keeping his teammates from the same fate.

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/16 Atk/80 Def/160 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- Curse
---
simply, I liked the idea of the Curse Registeel, but I also felt that I needed more statuses for my team. His THunder Waves work, and I feel that curse is amazing, really all that keeps him from being entirely sucessful is again... my unwillingness to get rid of Thunder Wave for Curse- but on that note he's wrecked plenty of people with Thunder Wave...

unfortunately, he's had many times where something allowed him to get 3-4 curses and set up- only to be slowly whittled down to die. But he still wrecks all physical pokes with even 1 or 2 curses- he's easily my MVP of this team.

Hariyama (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 76 HP/180 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Ice Punch
- Brick Break
- Bulk Up
- Thunderpunch
---
Simply, I really liked using him in OU, where he does decently, but in UU he does wonderously, getting free Bulk Ups on every Absol/dark move switch in that he gets. really the only thing I dislike about him is that he's so slow that he can't outrun stuff- but the point is that like Registeel, he gets 2-3 or more Bulk Ups he's really hard to stop. He absolutely wrecks teams and people, and he simply takes ages to die... so long as he isn't hit by too much special moves, actually can beat Mismagius a bit if I get lucky with the switch, as it doesn't 2HKO/OHKO and I can 2HKO if its switched in on a Ice/Thunder punch and I have a Bulk Up already... but generally he's pretty good too.

Threats-

Roserade- not too difficult, I usually can outspeed and set up Rocks with Uxie if it's a lead(unless its Scarfed as well), and if it launches Spikes or a Sleep Powder (which is all that I've seen) I simply wait it out- and hope that sleep powder hits, then switch. Charizard, Registeel and Haryama beat it easily, but Registeel and Haryama need some setup to OHKO, Electrode needs to catch it on the switch and Taunt, or Hidden Power and hopefully someone else is asleep so they can't be slept as well.
Azumarill... well it pretty much destroys me. Registeel/Haryama with enough Curses/Bulk Ups can beat it on the switch in, but otherwise, unless I get lucky with either a Trick or Toxic with Uxie, or Thunder hits from Electrode... I'm pretty much screwed- but if it comes in and Electrode's dead then I've got to hope that it isn't Sub-Punch.
Altaria- Registeel walls and sets up on it, Uxie cripples most with Trick, otherwise I just have to catch it on a switch, Haryama beats it with Ice Punch, Electrode with Explosion, but that's only with luck.
Articuno- Haven't seen it- but I figure that Charizard, Electrode, Haryama, and Registeel beat it easily, Uxie kind of works with Trick + Toxic and setting up rocks.
Blastoise- Electrode kills it with Thunder (if it hits), Set up/Trick fodder for Haryama, Registeel, Uxie, Gastrodon can wall it but doesn't do much if anything back to it.
Chansey- Haryama, Registeel, both can set up and deal damage on it, neither of them mind Thunder Wave, Uxie can trick it, Zard can Focus Blast if its lucky, Electrode can go boom.
Claydol -Haven't seen one, I'm guessing that Uxie can ruin it with trick, and Gastrodon can beat it but that's about it- possibly Zard with FB or HP Grass.
Clefable - Depends on what kind, Physical ones fall to Registeel/Haryama, annoyers meet some Taunts.
Cradily - Haven't faced one yet, I figure that Haryama can kill it, Uxie cripples with Trick/Toxic, or at the minimum Electrode can Taunt it or Charizard Fire Blast it.
Drapion - easy- Registeel/Hariyama set up/wall it for the most part, Zard probaly can do something with FB, Electrode always can go boom.
Gastrodon - Haven't seen one, but probaly can set up with Hary, HP Grass it with Zard or trick + Toxic.
Kangaskhan - haven't seen it, but I figure just throw Haryama at it, or if its CB'ed, check the move then toss Uxie/Registeel at it.
Lanturn - Havent' seen... really either blow it up or try to trick it/set up with Haryama, Regi has EQ but I think it still loses. can probaly set up Stockpiles with Gastro, but it loses to HP Grass
Mesprit - not sure, Registeel probaly walls, can always trick or explode.
Milotic-... honestly I can kill it but it can wreck me if I mess up, easiest way is for it to switch in on a Zard HP or Electrode Taunt/Thunder, Registeel/Haryama again if they are set up, Uxie can always Trick + Toxic it. again, Gastro walls it but loses to HP Grass/Toxic, can just stockpile
Miltank - Registeel, Haryama, Uxie with a Trick
Muk - Registeel/Haryama probaly can set up- but i'm not sure, I haven't seen one yet.
Nidoqueen -again, haven't seen- I'd just toss Haryama/Gastrodon at it.
Porygon2 - Registeel/Haryama
Probopass - Registeel/Haryama, possibly Zard if it switches in (haven't seen one yet)
Quagsire - ...HP Grass, Trick it, Toxic it, Explode on it, possibly Hary/Registeel? havent' seen
Regigigas -have not seen- Hary/Registeel I suppose
Regirock - Uxie can trick/Toxic, Zard if it switches into a Focus Blast/HP Grass, Haryama with some boosts, Registeel, Gastrodon
Regice - honestly, I haven't seen but I'm guessing i'd just trick it, FB it or toss Haryama/Registeel at it and set up
Registeel -Haryama/Registeel can set up, laugh at T-wave, Zard FB but fears T-wave, Uxie can trick it.
Shuckle - Registeel/Zard/Haryama
Slowbro - I can kill it, if I get a trick or T-wave/Toxic i'm good- otherwise I try to paraflinch with Registeel, or Thunder it with electrode.
Spiritomb -Hary/Regi, Electrode if I can taunt it.
Torterra - Haryama/Registeel if I get enough Bulk Ups/Curses and it's not Leech Seed, otherwise I Toxic it or blow up, Fire Blast works too.
Umbreon - Set-up bait, Haryama beats it.
Uxie - if it is trick version, Toxic it then run with mine, otherwise I think Electrode beats it with Taunt, otherwise, I trick it, then rocks, then toxic if I get enough time.
Absol- this thing belongs to me. Haryama/Registeel switch in, and either KO or get a free stat boost/T-wave. Superpower does wreck Registeel and if both are dead my team is kind of screwed, Electrode/Zard can OHKO with Thunder/Fire Blast if it's already weakened.
Altaria - Ice Punch, Thunder, T-wave, Air Slash Hax, Trick- it can do some damage, and it's a bit annoying but I can kill it.
Ambipom - Registeel/Haryama
Arcanine- Gastrodon, Zard to a point, Haryama if stuck on a fire move.
Blaziken -Gastrodon/Haryama on physical sets, potentially Zard with Air Slash or explode.
Charizard - Electrode, if you miss with Thunder I will kill you, Gastrodon to a point, Uxie (if it can throw up some rocks), Hary (if stuck on fire move)
Espeon - Registeel I suppose, Uxie can trick it.
Feraligatr - Electrode... if Thunder does not miss, Haryama to a point
Floatzel - Same as above. Registeel can do something, Gastrodon as well
Glaceon - Zard, Registeel, Haryama
Hariyama - Uxie, Haryama, Zard
Hitmonlee - Same, depends on move if scarfed
Hitmonchan - I guess the same, but i'm not sure.
Hitmontop - Hary/Registeel set up, can trick/Toxic it, Electrode wins, again if Thunder does not miss.
Houndoom - Haryama
Kabutops - Haryama/Registeel, Electrode i suppose
Linoone - heck if I know, Haryama/Registeel again
Magmortar - Gastrodon/Haryama
Magneton - Zard, Haryama.
Marowak - Gastrodon, Zard(HP Grass/FB), Haryama
Medicham - Zard....er going boom?
Mismagius - again, with enough set up- Registeel/Haryama can beat it, Electrode can Taunt+ Thunder, so long as it does not get a sub
Nidoking - Zard, Gastrodon, Haryama depending on setup
Omastar - Trick is my friend, Electrode
Pinsir - I don't know- Charizard/Haryama/Registeel i suppose
Poliwrath - Electrode
Sceptile - Zard, Registeel, Haryama
Scyther - Zard, SR, Electrode, Gastrodon, Registeel
Swellow - Electrode, Registeel
Tauros - Registeel, Haryama
Toxicroak - Registeel, Zard
Typhlosion - Haryama, Gastrodon
Ursaring -Haryama/Registeel
Venusaur - Uxie, Zard, Haryama/Registeel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)