UU Player of the Week #19: Sam

How do you make your Hydreigon not blind as a fucking bat? I've been trying to use Hydreigon because it's apparently the mystical cure-all in the UU but since it always misses Iron Tail it's always the worst Pokemon on my team.

:))) aw man love u too
OK.

what do u listen to?
remember when u banned me from uu room cuz i haxed u in bw battles and u were drunk as shit?
why are u so fucking funny when drunk?
why are u so lazy?
sbb or ahyueah?
who do u look up 2?
how chill were tigers?
why do u timeout in uupl tiebreaker?

stay who you are man, youre one of my best friends here appreciate u for the time <3

Any Pokémon you find Overrated? Any Pokémon you find Underrated?
If you could bring only 1 Pokémon from BL, what would you pick?
Best A+ Rank atm?

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
Ty for the kind words!

How do you come up with lord sets like no Spin Tentacruel o_o?

Entei is low key broken, agree?

I agree 100% with you on Celebi. However, I feel like it has a massive effect on stall such that most teams are forced to run nicher mons like Haze Xatu or Whirlwind Mandibuzz to avoid being stomped by Celepass. Would this be a valid enough reason for a suspect?

It's safe to say that hazard removal is at an all time low in UU. Do you have any thoughts on how future teams will deal with hazard control (Tentacruel for S rank y/n), or will they forego it all together?

Thoughts on Alola Exeggutor outclassing Mega Sceptile for gen 7?

How do you make your Hydreigon not blind as a fucking bat? I've been trying to use Hydreigon because it's apparently the mystical cure-all in the UU but since it always misses Iron Tail it's always the worst Pokemon on my team.
Just gotta feed it enough spicy PokeBlocks, man. Gl in the future with your Iron Tails.

:))) aw man love u too
OK.

what do u listen to?
remember when u banned me from uu room cuz i haxed u in bw battles and u were drunk as shit?
why are u so fucking funny when drunk?
why are u so lazy?
sbb or ahyueah?
who do u look up 2?
how chill were tigers?
why do u timeout in uupl tiebreaker?

stay who you are man, youre one of my best friends here appreciate u for the time <3
I don't remember that lol, that sounds funny though. I'd do it again :) I'm only lazy when it comes to building teams I swear...I pick ahyueah, a black horse. Tigers were very chill, fun team to be on! And yeah idk what happened there :( wish I got to play that game out.

You're okay too I guess. No homo.

Will i beat shake tomorrow night
No

You will beat him tonight.

Best A+ Rank atm?
Hm honestly Tentacruel is pretty overrated, but that's not its fault. It's just the only spinner that works most of the time. It's physical bulk is pretty bad, made even worse by the fact that it needs to be running enough speed for at LEAST Mamoswine on defensive sets. I've always found Nidoking pretty overrated too, I prefer Nidoqueen 9 times out of 10, even on HO. Best A+ rank is Entei without a doubt, followed by Mega Swampert I think. Entei is so fucking annoying for any team with Suicune or CurseLax, between Sacred Fire and ESpeed. Sacred Fire is a really dumb move on that mon.

Underrated is Arcanine, probably. Actually Noivern's pretty underrated too. Fast decently strong dragon with good coverage and solid utility, outspeeding Whimsicott as a Dragon is pretty nice. Idk most of my offense teams get randomly destroyed by Noivern.

I wouldn't want to free anything from BL right now but if I absolutely had to pick one I guess it would be Zygarde or maybe Salamence.
Ty for the kind words!

How do you come up with lord sets like no Spin Tentacruel o_o?

Entei is low key broken, agree?

I agree 100% with you on Celebi. However, I feel like it has a massive effect on stall such that most teams are forced to run nicher mons like Haze Xatu or Whirlwind Mandibuzz to avoid being stomped by Celepass. Would this be a valid enough reason for a suspect?

It's safe to say that hazard removal is at an all time low in UU. Do you have any thoughts on how future teams will deal with hazard control (Tentacruel for S rank y/n), or will they forego it all together?

Thoughts on Alola Exeggutor outclassing Mega Sceptile for gen 7?
I dunno Tentacruel fit really well on that team but I wanted Toxic Spikes badly and didn't really want to give up any moves. I guess losing Ice Beam isn't that bad but that team doesn't really need rocks gone that badly.

Agree, Entei's the most difficult wallbreaker along with Krook to deal with honestly, see my answer above.

Stall can have a tough time with Celepass for sure, but I think there's more than enough that stall can do. There's options like Mega Aggron, Roar Chesnaught, Arcanine. Mandibuzz doesn't necessarily have to run WW, Foul Play stomps anything that can receive a pass (even Cobalion takes a lot, and while +3 Cobalion is scary for defensive teams, it's nothing unmanageable for stall). You also have revenge killing options like Crobat and Mega Aero. Common stall members like Alomomola can handle boosted Entei and stuff and Sableye can be used as an emergency button.

Yeah Tentacruel and Empoleon are about as good as it gets right now (without using Mega Blastoise), both can run Knock Off to fuck with Specs Sylveon which is cool. forretress isn't terrible. Crobat and Mandibuzz have better things to run but can be forced to on defensive teams. I guess there's Gligar as well. I don't think teams will absolutely forego it though, it's pretty essential to a lot of teams and most of these mons can fit alright onto them.

Sacri'

the end is here
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for the support man, I always enjoy testing vs you :toast:

Favorite lower tier(s) other than UU ?
Which ORAS UU stage did you like the most ?
Which UU players are the most underrated for you ?
How was your SPL experience as a whole ? Did you like your team ?
Do you plan on sticking around for S/M UU ?

Last edited:

Manipulative

Camila <3
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
We've got another great interview this week and I'll leave it right down below! You could also find it in the OP.

Hogg

Can you tell us a bit about yourself?
My name's Matt and I'm 32 years old, with a son that is just about to turn two. I'm originally from New Jersey (all the best players are from New Jersey - it's something in the water), although I've lived in Baltimore, MD for about a decade now. I love the Wire and Parks and Recreation and weird Baltimore club music, and I read pretty much constantly.

Most known for?
Um... being an older guy who likes to play Pokemon I guess? I had a pretty decent SPL run and did pretty well in UUPL, but outside of UU I don't think I'm really known beyond that. Oh and I know way too much about dead metas (shout-outs 200 and Adv UU!).

Favorite Pokemon?
In-game, I always loved Crobat - finally something good came out of those annoying fucking Zubats that would never leave you alone. Competitively, Kyurem and Reuniclus are probably my favorite Pokemon in UU, even though they're not always the easiest to build around.

Most Used Pokemon?
Right now it's probably a close call between Tentacruel and Sylveon. Tenta is about the only splashable spinner in a tier where hazard removal is complete donkey doo, and Sylveon is just something I find really hard to build without using, since it packs a decent offensive presence even when running a cleric set and relieves so much pressure from Hydreigon.

What brought you to Smogon and competitive Pokemon in general?
Oh hell, that's going back. I started playing competitively in what's now known as the 200 era - basically, ADV right after Ruby and Sapphire were released, but before FRLG or Emerald came out. (I still love that meta, by the way.) I'd originally gotten active on the gfaqs boards, and when someone from some other community came on those boards to flame, I followed them and discovered the IRC community and the IRCbots (which were the primary sim at the time). I became pretty active, but as the community mostly moved from the IRCbots to Netbattle and later Shoddy Battle, I couldn't keep playing because I had a Mac at the time and the programs only worked on PCs.

After a long hiatus I came back in like 2006 to find that most of my friends had moved to a community called Smogon, and I was pretty active again on Smogon for a couple of years under the alt LazarusLong. I mostly stuck with ADV even after Diamond/Pearl came out, and was honestly more interested in the community than playing competitively (I met a few cool Smogoners IRL in that period, which was a lot of fun). I mostly played UU at that point, which wasn't really competitive because it wasn't considered a "real" meta at the time, but was a lot of fun. Then I got obsessed with roller derby and distracted by real life, so I left for a long time (like 6ish years). When I came back, I couldn't remember my password and didn't have access to the email I used to set up my old account, so I started a new account and started learning XY....

What is your favorite Generation of Pokemon and why?
Gen 3 is still definitely my favorite generation, although I think ORAS is a lot of fun. Although I like DPP in theory, I think that the broad distribution of high-BP moves with few drawbacks alongside items like Life Orb really hurt the game, and makes the lack of team preview really deadly. BW made things a little bit better by introducing team preview (which is a necessity with so many offensive threats IMO), but the power creep got even worse by then, and perma-weather in that meta was largely a mistake. ORAS fixed some of those problems but then brought Megas and busted-ass fairies to make the power creep even more complete.

If I had to rank them, though, I'd probably say ADV -> ORAS -> BW -> DPP -> RBY -> GSC. GSC actually isn't a bad meta but I really don't like playing it, so it gets tanked in my rankings. ORAS and BW are pretty close personally - I prefer ORAS OU to BW OU, but BW UU to ORAS UU.

What is your favorite playstyle?
I very much try to avoid getting caught up in just playing one playstyle. I play and build a lot of HO, bulky offense, semi-stall and full stall. I don't really like building balance much, because I find my balance teams end up just trying to check everything and turning into bad stall teams, but I'll happily play a good balance team when I find one.

Do you think any playstyle is blatantly dominant or weak in the metagame?
See my above notes about balance. I think it's really hard to successfully check the common threats in UU (I'm not even talking about niche threats, I'm talking about the common top-tier stuff like Hydreigon/Sylveon/Celebi/Krook/Entei/Suicune) without going really close to full stall, so it ends up being way easier to just focus on beating them through offensive pressure instead. As a result, teams skew offensive, making the problem even WORSE.

Are there any specific Pokemon that you think are unhealthy for UU and may be deserving of a Suspect Test in the future?
I know everyone talks about Celebi and Sylveon and Mamoswine here, but I think Hydreigon is the biggest offender right now. Part of the reason Sylveon is so omnipresent is that it's really, really hard to build anything other than balls-out offense if you don't have something that can comfortably switch in to LO or Specs Hydreigon's Draco Meteor. The only problem is that, like Salamence, Hydreigon ALSO offers a lot of really good things for the tier (such as an offensive check to prominent Pokemon like Entei and Chandelure, a viable Scarfer, etc.).

Other than that, Celebi is definitely really scary and is forcing people to rethink just about every common defensive core, and Sylveon is annoying as heck.

You always put up solid performances throughout tournaments and are acknowledged as one of UU's best players! How do you manage to prepare so well for all of your tournament games?
Here's a big secret about me: I'm not actually that good at this game. I perform better in tours, especially team tours like SPL/UUPL, because I'm a major tryhard and I spend a lot of time researching my opponent and building for them. I'll pull up all of a player's recent games, plug the teams into a teambuilder so that I can review their recent teams at a glance, make notes of teambuilding trends and common things they struggle with, try to watch for what kind of plays they like to make and when/where they like to take risks, etc. I also try to look at my own recent games, and think about what people will do to cteam me, since in any team tour I assume my opponents are probably trying to do the same.

Honestly when you take me out of the tour environment, though, I think I'm a pretty mediocre ORAS player. I'm terrible at laddering and really bad at reading my opponents if I don't know them.

What is it like to be among the older guys in a community where most people are considerably younger?
Eh, not as weird as you'd think. Sometimes it's definitely a bit awkward when I realize the person I'm talking to is literally less than half my age, but most of the people I hang out with online are in their twenties, and even the ones that aren't are mostly pretty smart people who are all pretty with it despite being young.

Who are some of your favorite people in the Smogon Community?
Damn, there are a lot. IronBullet, Christo, teal6, dodmen, Omfuga, Hikari, TonyFlygon, King UU, Pearl, CBB, Ice Tea, r0ady and Clarion are probably my favorite active Smogoners.

Finally can you provide for us a team that you think reflects your current playstyle with a brief explanation of how it works?
Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Heracross @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Knock Off

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Heal Bell

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 244 HP / 248 Def / 16 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Haze
- Recover

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 32 HP / 240 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Pursuit
- Defog
- Roost

Just a fairly simple team built around SD Hera to break down fat teams and stall, and CM Reuni to win versus everything else. Specs Hydreigon almost single-handedly eats balance teams alive, while Milotic does nicely versus offense (although the Salamence ban makes Milotic less insanely useful). Pursuit on Crobat helps you break down annoying things like Beedrill and Celebi. The team's got a healthy weakness to Specs Sylveon (I built the original version in the pre-Sylveon meta), but if you focus on pressuring the hell out of it and never letting it come in without taking at least a little bit of damage, you can usually chip it down to the point where it's not really a threat anymore.

----------

Thank you for your time and the great interview, Hogg! If you have any questions that you would like to ask him, feel free to leave them below. I'll be back next week with another interview!

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
What book are you currently reading?

Clarion vs Mazz, who's gonna win?

and, as always, Vanilla or Chocolate?

LeoLancaster

does this still work
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
What inspired your username?

What's a piece of life advice for all the young dudes out here (myself included)?

The only problem is that, like Salamence, Hydreigon ALSO offers a lot of really good things for the tier (such as an offensive check to prominent Pokemon like Entei and Chandelure, a viable Scarfer, etc.).
Could you elaborate on what makes Scarfers valuable to a metagame? Maybe it's because I've only really played low-scarf oras uu but I'm not sure how having good Scarfers improves a metagame. (No/few Scarfers doesn't sound like it reduces speed control options to me in the sense that the role would be taken on by naturally fast things like Mega Aero).

do u play pokemon go, and if so what level are u?
will u raise ur son to be just as much of a pokemon fan as i assume u are, or will you let him do whatever he wants in terms of liking pokemon or not

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
You have the power to ban any mon you want in the tier. You can ban it simply because you hate it with a passion and nobody would stop you, so you don't have to ban the most potentially "broken" mon. Who do you pick and why is it Alomomola? Justify your answer with 3-4 sentences

I once named my Skarmory the "Skarlet Setter" during my brief OU stint. Rate this nickname on a scale of 1-10

How did you even get into Roller Derby? Doesn't seem like something you pick up on the fly

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
What book are you currently reading?

I've got NK Jemisin's 5th Season on audiobook right now for when I drive for work, and in print I'm currently re-reading Michael Chabon's Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay.

Clarion vs Mazz, who's gonna win?

I like Mazz and all but Clarion's unstoppable this year.

and, as always, Vanilla or Chocolate?

Whoa, you can't just pick one when they're completely different animals. Vanilla in my ice cream, chocolate in my chili please.
What inspired your username?

It's the title of a terrible book by my favorite author. Samuel Delany has written a lot of amazing books, and I highly encourage you to read them. Dhalgren, Babel-17, Stars in My Pocket Like Grains of Sand, the whole Nevèrÿon series, any of his essays or nonfiction work - all great stuff. Just don't read Hogg.

What's a piece of life advice for all the young dudes out here (myself included)?

Well we never got it off on that revolution stuff - what a drag, too many snags. Well I drunk a lot of wine and I'm feeling fine, gonna race some cat to bed. Is this concrete all around or is it in my head? Oh brother, you guessed it, I'm a dude.

(But seriously - life is kind of a mess for everyone, and it's especially messy when you're young and that's kind of OK. The best advice I can give you is this: read good books, listen to good music and don't be a dick.)

Could you elaborate on what makes Scarfers valuable to a metagame? Maybe it's because I've only really played low-scarf oras uu but I'm not sure how having good Scarfers improves a metagame. (No/few Scarfers doesn't sound like it reduces speed control options to me in the sense that the role would be taken on by naturally fast things like Mega Aero).

I'm not saying that Scarfers are required to make a metagame good, but they're an interesting component and they add another level of counterplay to the game. That said, this metagame is really unfavorable to Choice Scarf right now, because there are so many powerful threats that it's really difficult to add something to your team that doesn't possess any defensive utility unless you're building balls out offense. Hydreigon is one of the few exceptions to the rule because it actually does offer defensive utility while still acting as an effective revenge killer/cleaner thanks to its great coverage and the power of its STABs even unboosted.
Are you also still baffled by the fact that we were on the worst ever PUPL team in history?

I'm not really baffled, that team was a hot mess. But I still had fun :)

Can we expect to see an updated version of Zoroark stall? Or is Salamence irreplaceable?

I'm trying, man, I'm trying. Haven't succeeded yet, and there's nothing that you can just slot in perfectly and keep the rest of the team the same, but I'll keep working on it.

Out of Snoop, Chris and Omar, which was the most intimidating of the three?

Chris, definitely. Omar isn't really that intimidating - he's brazen and dangerous but what makes him such a pain in the ass to the dealers he robs is how the community supports him, making him really hard to track down. Snoop is one of my favorite characters because for her killing and enforcing is just a straight up job, and she treats it like any good contractor (plus she had what might be the best scene in the whole show). Chris, though, he's a real believer. He actually likes what he does, he's really fucking good at it, and he's unbelievably faithful to Marlo and will go out of his way to protect him.

How much longer till we get Pearl as UU POTW you think?

I'm guessing two weeks tops.

If Senator Clay Davis played UU and saw "The foe's Salamence used Dragon Dance!" appear on his screen, what would his reaction be?

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit, Clay Davis doesn't have time to be messing around playing Pokemon. Let me tell you something, man. His neck of the woods - it's a jungle out there. Everybody living hand to mouth, improvising, hustling, make do as little as you can imagine. Hell that TV show, what's it, Survivor? They want some good contestants, they need to come around West Side. Let me tell you brother, he steps out the door at the corner of Mosher and Pennsylvania, you better believe his pockets are bulging. But by the time he gets to Roberts Street?

...oh, sorry, what were we talking about again?

Did you also have a great time during PUPL despite being on the worst ever PUPL team in history?

You know it.

I know it's no match for Stringer Bellossom, but how would you rank Proposition Jolt as a Jolteon nickname?

Ah not bad. Other good choices include Omar Litleo and Aipom Barksdale.

I think Mamoswine is overrated. It's crazy hard to switch into, yeah, but it ends up being such a dead slot on so many teams due to the fact that it almost never switches into anything itself, and it has such a mediocre Speed tier. It's really good, don't get me wrong, but I don't think it's the ridiculous destroyer a lot of people make it out to be.

As for underrated, Reuniclus. Ever since Sableye dropped, people have been completely sleeping on Reuniclus, despite the fact that it's still just as dangerous as ever. Guess what? Sableye dies to a moderately strong fart, so it's not like you can't play around its existence, and Reuni still sweeps like 30% of teams at preview alone.

...do I have to? We've got enough ridiculous threats to keep track of already in UU. OK, most people don't agree with this, but I'd bring back Pidgeotite. Mega-Bird was annoying at times but I firmly believe that if it weren't for the confusion chance on Hurricane, people wouldn't have even considered banning it. Meanwhile, it was probably the best offensive defogger the tier has seen since the bygone days of UU Latias.

Kokoloko for tier leader yn

It makes me feel weird when people capitalize the "K" in kokoloko.
do u play pokemon go, and if so what level are u?

Level 23, and holy crap it is getting to be a slog to level up these days.

will u raise ur son to be just as much of a pokemon fan as i assume u are, or will you let him do whatever he wants in terms of liking pokemon or not

It's up to him, man. I think it would be cute as heck but I'm sure he'll have his own things that he's into, and that's fine by me.
You have the power to ban any mon you want in the tier. You can ban it simply because you hate it with a passion and nobody would stop you, so you don't have to ban the most potentially "broken" mon. Who do you pick and why is it Alomomola? Justify your answer with 3-4 sentences

Galvantula, because holy crap this thing is like 90% of why I hate laddering. It hits about as hard as a dyspeptic kitten but somehow it's always annoying, especially with Thunder's stupid-high paralysis chance.

I once named my Skarmory the "Skarlet Setter" during my brief OU stint. Rate this nickname on a scale of 1-10

3/10 - you get points for the literary reference but you tried to shove too many puns into a single name. One pun per joke, please.

How did you even get into Roller Derby? Doesn't seem like something you pick up on the fly

A friend of mine played it, which got me involved, and I just kind of fell in love with the sport. I was a referee and later a coach for the women's team in Baltimore for a while, and also helped found the men's team here as well. It was crazy fun but also crazy time consuming, especially when I was both coaching and playing.

Last edited:

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
someones gotta ask the real questions

What is your favorite flavor of ice cream

Favorite burger toppings

Favorite color

Chocolatey kinda desserts or like fruit kinda things

Salami or pepperoni

Do favorite way to cook burgers / steak (like rare medium)

Beyoncé or Shakira (there is a correct answer)

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
someones gotta ask the real questions

What is your favorite flavor of ice cream

Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia

Favorite burger toppings

I don't really eat meat but when I did, I mostly liked to keep it traditional - a good well-melting cheese, pickles, red onion, maybe a slice of tomato if they were in season (mealy tomatoes are gross though). Sometimes mayo, never ketchup.

Favorite color

22313F

Chocolatey kinda desserts or like fruit kinda things

Um depends? I'm more of a savory than a sweet person, so I don't like super rich desserts in general, but I do like good chocolate and good stone fruit as long as it's not too sweet.

Salami or pepperoni

See above about not eating meat but when I did I was definitely a pepperoni person.

Do favorite way to cook burgers / steak (like rare medium)

Again see above but I preferred rare to medium-rare.

Beyoncé or Shakira (there is a correct answer)

Beyoncé is perfect and I will fight you

Have you ever been caught doing pokemon-related things at work by your boss/co-worker? If so, how did you play it off?

How much speed do you run on Suicune(asking for a friend)?

Which new UU guys do u think deserve to be bought for SPL? (if any)

Do you take a while to build your teams, or usually pretty fast?

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
Have you ever been caught doing pokemon-related things at work by your boss/co-worker? If so, how did you play it off?

I mean people have definitely walked in on me while I was playing and I know there's no chance I Alt-Tab'd quickly enough to keep them from seeing that I was playing some sort of game, but thus far no one has actually called me on it. I should honestly stop playing at work, though, since the way my desk is set up these days it's really hard to hide :(

How much speed do you run on Suicune(asking for a friend)?

Which new UU guys do u think deserve to be bought for SPL? (if any)

Man tough to say. There's definitely a lot of interesting new talent. There are a few new guys that had a really good showing recently in UUPL/Open (the real standout being Manipulative), but I'm curious to see how he adjusts as a builder to the post-Mence ban meta. But there's still a lot of time between now and SPL, so I'm definitely interested to see how people develop.

Do you take a while to build your teams, or usually pretty fast?

First drafts are always fast - I get an idea and toss a team together in a couple of quick minutes to see how it works. The first draft is usually garbage, but I take bits and pieces and make another team, and another, until I get something I like.

remember when you rock blasted my entei instead of shell smashing on the para chance, thus removing your own ability to win that SPL game via luck. there's no question here i just wanted to bring that up - a noble moment from a noble foe.......

Rank Top 5 ADV UU player currently.
How much do we need to pay Zarel to implement ADV UU?
Marry/Fuck/Kill Thunder Wave, Scald, Knock Off.
How many Lure Modules did you set up on that Pokestop at work?
Would you accept a TL spot if handed over?
How does it feel that you could be my dad?
Why did you decide to return for XY/what brought you to it?
How long did the frustration last when ifm timed out?

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
remember when you rock blasted my entei instead of shell smashing on the para chance, thus removing your own ability to win that SPL game via luck. there's no question here i just wanted to bring that up - a noble moment from a noble foe.......

:(
Rank Top 5 ADV UU player currently.

I don't feel like ranking them but CBB is probably the best ADV UU player still "active." Other standouts include anti, inno and YOU, my dear.

How much do we need to pay Zarel to implement ADV UU?

Probably less than we need to pay to convince people like Oglemi to start allowing NFEs.

Marry/Fuck/Kill Thunder Wave, Scald, Knock Off.

Ban Scald

How many Lure Modules did you set up on that Pokestop at work?

All of them

Would you accept a TL spot if handed over?

If it was handed over then I guess sure, but I like Sam and Hikari.

How does it feel that you could be my dad?

If my son said half the crap that came out of your mouth I would be filled with shame.

Why did you decide to return for XY/what brought you to it?

I just randomly decided to see how Smogon was going and saw that Pokemon Showdown meant I could play online, rather than needing to download software, so I decided to give it a shot. I actually originally started with BW OU because Megas seemed confusing and weird and I didn't want to bother learning them, but once I got the hang of things again I switched to XY after all.

How long did the frustration last when ifm timed out?

I'll tell you when it ends :(
Did you know you live next to me? When do you want to meet up?

I knew you were in Maryland, didn't know you were in Baltimore.

Would you download Grindr so we can chat?

Damn, it's hard enough explaining to my wife why I spend so much time on a Pokemon website and various Pokemon Skypes to begin with, now you want me to try to explain why I'm using Grindr to chat with boys more than a decade younger than me?

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Congratulations, Hogg!

Who is your most favorite literary author, and what literary piece that you appreciated the most coming from him/her?

What motto/mantra/quote motivates you at this very moment?

Have you watched MasterChef? Iron Chef? Hell's Kitchen? (yes, all American versions of it; but if you know the international versions, that's good)

What type of meat do you like the most? What dish with your favorite meat makes you crave for more?

What genre of music do you appreciate the most? What song from that genre makes you want to abuse the replay button for ages?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)