XY UU UU RMT

Hi, I'm Puzzle King. I am a regular OU player, but am quite new to the UU scene. I just recently got into UU after a friend told me it was similar to OU(very questionable). This is my first UU RMT, please leave suggestions and ideas on how to improve my team. Thanks in advance.

Scrafty @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Bulk Up

Scrafty was the one pokemon from UU I wanted to use as soon as I started playing it. 115 on both defences? Damn, this thing is like a sponge. I use the Bulk Up variant of Scrafty which allows me to deal with Blissey, which is a pain to deal with. I have Poison Jab for fairies and Knock Off and Drain Punch for STAB.

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast

Florges is my special wall and utility. It has Aromatherapy to cure status off my team and the Wish-Protect Combo to stall and regenerate. Moonblast is a great STAB move to take out opposing Scarfty and Noivern.

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 HP
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake

My physical wall and another sponge that takes hits. Metagross and Florges cover most of each other's weaknesses. Bullet Punch is a great priority move that allows me to kill off weakened fairies. Meteor Mash and Zen Headbutt are for STAB and Meteor Mash also has the plus of raising my attack by one stage. Earthquake is to take out fire types, like Darminatan and Arcanine, in case they try to come in an kill Metagross.

Just some calculations:

252 Atk Mega Absol Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Metagross: 282-332 (77.4 - 91.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Scrafty Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Metagross: 216-254 (59.3 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Donphan @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

Donphan is Steath Rock-er/Spinner. It comes in, sets up rocks and then either switches out or stays in and rapid spins or kills the opponent. It has priority Ice Shard to deal with Hippodown and other Donphans and Earthquake as STAB to take out Galvantula and Darmanitan. Rapid Spin is self-explantory.

Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Tri Attack
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock

After some testing, I have found that Specs-Adaptability Porygon Z to be a great special sweeper, with Tri Attack doing a hell lot of damage and Thunderbolt and Ice Beam for coverage. Psyshock is to get past special walls.

Porygon is my special coverage sweeper. It has abysmal speed which works well with analytic and has Tri Attack for STAB(an hax) and Ice Beam and Thunderbolt for coverage. Psychock is to deal with special walls(like Blissey and Scrafty).

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse
- Scald

Blastoise is my mega and primary special sweeper. Dragon Pulse to deal with Noivern and Goodra, Aura Sphere for Scrafty and Mega-Absol and Dark Pulse for Azelf and Alakazam.I chose Scald over Water Pulse as although Water Pulse does more damage, Scald has a chance to burn.

Shoutouts:
-Catlover1984 (Great help, thanks man)

Problems:
-Mega Blastoise
-Mega Aerodactyl
-Darmanitan
-Blissey

Leave your suggestions and ideas on how I can improve. Thanks.

EDIT: Changes in Red. Thanks to all who helped

Last edited:
I'd recommend 2 things; it might be worthwhile to replace brick break with hammer arm on metagross and you might look into replacing psyshock with recover on P2. Apart from that great team man

Your team seems rather bulky, but there's no way to muscle through tough walls and defensive cores. Some ideas:
Having two AV users is kinda redundant. I'd change Scrafty to a bulk-up variant so that you have someone that can really punch holes through defensive teams that could keep you from doing anything for hours on end. Scrafty can force a lot of switches, making bulking up even easier. Dran punch + knock off/crunch for STAB and either of the coverage moves that you have right now (i'd recommend Poison Jab, as most flying types don't resist your STABs). Your ability could actually change to intimidate to force even more switches and neuter heavy hitters (like Darmanitan) or keep Shed Skin for those annoying burns, poisons, etc.

For Metagross (AVgross as a Physical wall lol): The set is pretty good, but earthquake is almost mandatory for SE coverage on fires and steels to hit them on the switch. Brick break hits steels, but instead of hitting fires, it hits normal and dark types as hard as a STAB meteor mash. Also, HP investment gains you about the same physical bulk as Def investment while letting you have even more special bulk . Check this out:
252 Atk Mega Absol Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Metagross: 282-332 (77.4 - 91.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Mega Absol Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Metagross: 234-276 (77.4 - 91.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Scrafty Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Metagross: 216-254 (59.3 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Scrafty Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Metagross: 180-212 (59.6 - 70.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
And...
252 SpA Alakazam Shadow Ball vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Metagross: 132-156 (43.7 - 51.6%) -- 62.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Alakazam Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Metagross: 132-156 (36.2 - 42.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Mega Launcher Mega Blastoise Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Metagross: 216-256 (59.3 - 70.3%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and 3 layers of Spikes (I know it's a lot of residual damage, but it builds up in a battle)
252+ SpA Mega Launcher Mega Blastoise Dark Pulse vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Metagross: 216-256 (71.5 - 84.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and 3 layers of Spikes

If you're relying on porygon2 for special sweeping, then I'd suggest Porygon-Z instead. It's faster, has more special attack, and doesn't need to take a hit in order to hit hard. The five main iterations of Porygon-Z are: Specs, Scarf, NP, Agility, and double dance. Specs and scarf rely on coverage and prediction and often use download for an ability, and Nasty Plot, Agility, and Double dance (both boosting moves) all are about finding the time to set up and sweep using power and/or speed over prediction and coverage. However, all are centered around Tri-attack and Dark Pulse (and often other coverage moves). I'd recommend for you either Scarf (for revenge killing & sweeping) or agility (for even more speed), as you already have plenty of hard-hitting tools at your disposal.

That's all for now! I haven't tested the team, but I may do so soon. I know I'll look forward to it!

Edit: Just found out that Meteor Mash was nerfed. Wtf? Anyways, the team is shaping up! Your new iteration is much better than the old one. If you want to, switch out psyshock for Trick on PoryZ to cripple mixed walls better; Physically defensive Blissey is not 2HKOed by psyshock without rocks, whereas a choice specs will prevent her from doing much of anything. Also, physically defensive florges will be able to better perform her cleric duties in the face of earthquakes and other physical attacks, while a base 154 SpD can fend off special attacks fine without investement.

Last edited:
On scrafty Since your attack is already being raised via bulk up I suggest putting 252 EVs into special defense instead of attack. This way you become a mixed tank with a few bulk ups. Also I'd drop poison jab and replace it with rest. The most common fairy in the tier, Florges out speeds and OHKOs scrafty anyways so running poison jab doesn't do much for you. Rest is a great option because special hits will wear you down, not to mention status. It is also a viable option because you should change Scraftys ability to Shed Skin. This makes rest a reasonable option because you have a 33% chance to wake up each of the two standard sleep turns.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)