UU Simple Questions Thread

About how long should I expect to wait until Mawile plummets to RU from lack of usage?
If Mawile usage is consistent with what it's been since it dropped to UU you can expect it in RU at the next usage tier shift. I've seen literally no Mawiles on the ladder and only one in a tournament game so it's looking promising for you if you want to use it in RU

They're ridiculously overpowered and centralizing: Free sun to boost attackers like Darmanitan, Chandelure, and Victini (at the time), while free rain to give 100% accurate Hurricanes from the likes of Tornadus and Noivern, while Swift Swimmers get a speed AND power boost, in the case of Kingdra, Kabutops, and a bunch of other Water-types who don't get Swift Swim, like Cloyster, who can now break through Forretress and Mega Aggron with Hydro Pump.

I have had some trouble on my bulky offensive teams lately against fat stuffs that can induce paralysis but doesn't mind Nidoqueen/Ampharous such as Snorlax with Body Slam/Cress with T-wave, is there a mon on bulky offense that can switch into both that doesn't mind the para without being setup fodder?

Last edited:
Maybe BU/Taunt Krookodile? Alternately, if you're feeling silly, Shed Skin Bulk Up Scrafty, though Moonblast from Cresselia will smoke the shit out of you. Actually, SubCoil Zygarde will be able to easily eat Body Slam, but will also be hurt pretty badly by Moonblast.

Maybe BU/Taunt Krookodile? Alternately, if you're feeling silly, Shed Skin Bulk Up Scrafty, though Moonblast from Cresselia will smoke the shit out of you. Actually, SubCoil Zygarde will be able to easily eat Body Slam, but will also be hurt pretty badly by Moonblast.
I tried the former but Body Slam para is a bitch because I'd like to retain Krook's speed for a fast Taunt against stuff like Blissey as well as being able to outrun the Nidos. Cress also kinda smokes Zyggy w/ either Ice Beam/Moonblast. I have tried some more unorthodox stuff like offensive rocks Mega Aggron/Steelix but they are a bit too much of a momentum killer even with an offensive spread for my team.

(Boy do I miss you Heracross ;-;)

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember that Kokoloko said in another thread that the last round of quickbans was just the first. Does that mean we can expect another round of quickbans before January?

They're ridiculously overpowered and centralizing: Free sun to boost attackers like Darmanitan, Chandelure, and Victini (at the time), while free rain to give 100% accurate Hurricanes from the likes of Tornadus and Noivern, while Swift Swimmers get a speed AND power boost, in the case of Kingdra, Kabutops, and a bunch of other Water-types who don't get Swift Swim, like Cloyster, who can now break through Forretress and Mega Aggron with Hydro Pump.
I read that thread Mudkipz posted, and I can totally understand why they are overcentralizing. A team would always need to be prepared for them.

Quick question regarding the special wall set listed on the site for Umbreon: why does it call for calm nature rather than careful? Does the attack stat drop cause foul play to hit harder relative to physical sweepers?

Quick question regarding the special wall set listed on the site for Umbreon: why does it call for calm nature rather than careful? Does the attack stat drop cause foul play to hit harder relative to physical sweepers?
Your nature had no effect on the power of Foul Play, as the move uses the target's attack stat rather than yours. The -Atk nature on Umbreon is preferred to take less damage from confusion and other Foul Plays, when it comes down to it.

LeoLancaster

does this still work
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
What is the standard other two attacks and EV spread for SubCoil Zygarde? I can't find anything in the analyses section etc.

What is the standard other two attacks and EV spread for SubCoil Zygarde? I can't find anything in the analyses section etc.
I'm pretty sure Zygarde spreads have been posted here a ton of times, but here you go:

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 188 HP / 132 SpD / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Coil
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail/Espeed/Stone Edge

Fast coil Zygarde is the way to go. Enough speed to beat Entei and enough bulk to set up on a ton of stuff. Cheers

Are there any good Fire-Water-Grass or Fairy-Steel-Dragon cores in UU? I'm trying to build a balance team and like to start with a decent type-based core to learn a new tier. For example, I've used Gyara-Heatran-Chesnaught in OU, so something along those lines as far as offense-defensive mix would be nice but I'm not too picky.

Are there any good Fire-Water-Grass or Fairy-Steel-Dragon cores in UU? I'm trying to build a balance team and like to start with a decent type-based core to learn a new tier. For example, I've used Gyara-Heatran-Chesnaught in OU, so something along those lines as far as offense-defensive mix would be nice but I'm not too picky.
Well for FSD cores the most common one would be Hydregion+Jirachi (as a u-turn core) as for the fairy Florges is usually added. As for FWG can't say I see a complete core of this often but I do often see Roserade used alongside Chandelure or Suicune. You could try this thread for some inspiration:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/uu-cores.3519475/

Im thinking of trying Tick room with MegaRupt

MegaRupt
Sheer Force
248 HP/8 Atk/252 Sp Atk
Quiet Nature
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power Grass
-Explosion (sp walls expecting a pure sp atk set)

Moveset good? Potential Partners (TR setters like reuniclus, slowking came to mind and abusers like Escavalier, etc..)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)