UU Simple Questions Thread

Odds are it was deleted because it was becoming a cesspool and/or kokoloko isn't fond of anything that resembles a community create a team, and asked limitless to remove it. The long shot chance is that there's a different plan for something of a similar nature in the works, and that the initial thread "jumped the gun".

Limitless

Success is the best revenge.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I removed it because it didn't seem like there was much interest for it. I thought it was a good idea that I saw in the Overused forum. But hey, if you guys still like the idea, I can remake the thread later.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
the thing i dislike about CCAT is the community part of it (good teams just aren't built that way, sorry!). the teambuilding competition is individual so it gets my ok.

Arhops

Professor Layton's Little Brother
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Would using combinations of Defog and Thunder be worth using for extra paralyzing chance work at all? This would mostly be an option for Latias and Zapdos in my opinion.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Would using combinations of Defog and Thunder be worth using for extra paralyzing chance work at all? This would mostly be an option for Latias and Zapdos in my opinion.
I do not think so because if you really want to paralyze you should be going for Discharge or Thunderwave on Zapdos. The extra turn Defog takes (and you will not be able to use it effectively if only you have set up hazards) makes Thunder more trouble than its worth in terms of paralysis. However you could always entertain the idea of Thunder on Latias for power purposes and just see the paralysis as an extra bonus because a couple of Latias' checks do not enjoy Thunder (it can badly hurt bulky waters which can sort of check her and it does some damage to Aggron).

Over all though I do not see any significant reason to use Thunder when you have much more solid options for paralysis and damage.

Also welcome to Smogon nice to see different users.

What are Jirachi's most effective sets in the meta? There are plenty of sets it can use effectively, but which ones deal well with some of the top threats?
I use specially defensive ones to counter dragons and get my SR and to spread paralysis but its really not terribly effective because Dark moves hit Jirachi for double damage now so Hydregion is a huge issue and I can no longer paralyze Zapdos (or any other electric). Not being able to beat Zygarde or Hydregion is pretty bad for a dragon counter. I have actually only seen one other set, Choice Scarf, and I am certain the set can be effective too but it's not like you want to base a team around it. This set may be able to deal with top threats the best because speed and coverage though to answer your question (it checks the vast majority of sweepers with the right moves and can do some scouting and leading if you need it to).

Is Gardevoirite banned? The teambuilder on Showdown lets me use it, but I have the feeling it's toast.

Is Gardevoirite banned? The teambuilder on Showdown lets me use it, but I have the feeling it's toast.
Yes, Gardevoirite is BL as of right now. If you search for a UU battle, it will reject the Gardevoirite item. Anyway, Scarf Gardevoir is still pretty good imo.

What is the best EV spread and nature for an assault vest Tornadus-T that runs Superpower? I can't find the right balance between investing in speed, special attack, and bulk while having a nature that doesn't prove negative on a stat that might be useful ....

Wow this is basically the worst avatar ever.

Well whatever.

Isn't the cut-off for usage 3.41%? Cause if so gardevoir should be banned from UU. From the most recent OU stats:

| 51 | Gardevoir | 3.45860% | 200165 | 3.926% | 150410 | 3.722% |

Not really a major concern cause I'm pretty sure noone builds teams that are weak to scarf gardevoir or whatever it runs without its megastone, but I mean that's there.

Well whatever.

Isn't the cut-off for usage 3.41%? Cause if so gardevoir should be banned from UU. From the most recent OU stats:

Not really a major concern cause I'm pretty sure noone builds teams that are weak to scarf gardevoir or whatever it runs without its megastone, but I mean that's there.
This question was actually answered in the thread here.

Well whatever.

You can change your avatar. I'm not sure how can somebody answer this question for him? But yes, it would be, if we were beta. We aren't, so we use 3 month usage, by which it has about 3.2%~ iirc.

You probably cleared your cookies on your browser.
I don't remember doing such a thing. I did a uu battle then tried to do another but I couldn't connect. When I could connect later, they were gone. Was there a server restart or am I the only one it happened to?

Arhops

Professor Layton's Little Brother
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
I don't remember doing such a thing. I did a uu battle then tried to do another but I couldn't connect. When I could connect later, they were gone. Was there a server restart or am I the only one it happened to?
The same thing happened to me, it appears to me that the teams go away every time I close the window, the simplest way to deal with this is to back up your new teams on a word document, text edit, or even google docs so your ready if it happens again.

The same thing happened to me, it appears to me that the teams go away every time I close the window, the simplest way to deal with this is to back up your new teams on a word document, text edit, or even google docs so your ready if it happens again.
Ok. Darn but thanks a lot!

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Any idea when there will be a UU analyses contribution forum? Or will that go official when UU does, which I thought was supposed to happen this month?

Any idea when there will be a UU analyses contribution forum? Or will that go official when UU does, which I thought was supposed to happen this month?
I think that will happen next month, as UU exists for 3 months then (wow).
The Contribution forum will probably open then as well.
Not 100% sure about it but i think thats the answer to your question.

is there some new unspecified method that can magically net you a leavanny that has both sticky web and knock off? because i'm pretty sure that particular move combination is illegal, yet i'm still seeing it on the ladder.

edit:

on a more serious note, what's the best way to deal with sd hawlucha? my team currently runs physically defensive zapdos, but +2 sky attack + hjk has a really high chance of 2HKO on it after SR, which means that it's really hard to beat hawlucha if something ridiculous happens like i get flinched or critted from sky attack. do more experienced players have any idea on how to deal with this beast? i suppose phys def zapdos would be effective against the dread plate fling variant, but the power herb sky attack one seems to be really hard to deal with without resorting to a ghost... >_____>"

Last edited:

Arkian

this is the state of grace
is a Contributor Alumnus
This is called UU C&C and will happen as soon as the last round of bans occur. kokoloko is holding them off until the debate between which ladder statistics should be used for tiering is over (you can see it here). Rest assured, UU C&C will be up soon :)

Also going to tag Turtleye so it's clarified for you as well.

is there some new unspecified method that can magically net you a leavanny that has both sticky web and knock off? because i'm pretty sure that particular move combination is illegal, yet i'm still seeing it on the ladder.

edit:

on a more serious note, what's the best way to deal with sd hawlucha? my team currently runs physically defensive zapdos, but +2 sky attack + hjk has a really high chance of 2HKO on it after SR, which means that it's really hard to beat hawlucha if something ridiculous happens like i get flinched or critted from sky attack. do more experienced players have any idea on how to deal with this beast? i suppose phys def zapdos would be effective against the dread plate fling variant, but the power herb sky attack one seems to be really hard to deal with without resorting to a ghost... >_____>"
Honestly, physically defensive Zapdos and Doublade are your best options to deal with Hawlucha. Something you can do is use another Pokemon as Sky Attack fodder, and then bring in Zapdos. Also, priority from the likes of Crawdaunt works as well, as you can OHKO it with Aqua Jet after it has taken around 50% or so if you're Life Orb, and getting Hawlucha to that point shouldn't be too hard since it's pretty frail and you can hit it while it sets up.

Honestly, physically defensive Zapdos and Doublade are your best options to deal with Hawlucha. Something you can do is use another Pokemon as Sky Attack fodder, and then bring in Zapdos. Also, priority from the likes of Crawdaunt works as well, as you can OHKO it with Aqua Jet after it has taken around 50% or so if you're Life Orb, and getting Hawlucha to that point shouldn't be too hard since it's pretty frail and you can hit it while it sets up.
i suppose i could try doublade... it's just that he can't really work well into my team, considering he brings nothing in terms of hazards, hazard removal or any support outside of a never-miss toxic. being a full stop to lucha is nice but i suppose it's just a specific problem with my team then since using doublade over zapdos brings about a whole more slew of issues to my team than just hawlucha >____<"

anyway, thanks for the answer! i guess i'll have to try something niche somehow... this thing can OHKO zygarde with +2 hjk. monstrous >.>

Regarding DD Haxorus -

I've been running a (very) Jolly spread just shy of max speed to outrun base 95s; I figured at +1 Jolly Outrage / EQ / Poison Jab 2HKOs most physical walls anyway, including Slowbro, Tangrowth, Hippowdon, Chesnaught (but not 252/252+ M-Aggron or Cress). Am I being paranoid with all the speed investment - are there any significant perks to running Adamant over Jolly?

There are a lot of pokes between the Adamant 293 and the Jolly 319 I've been running, namely Nidoking, base Houndoom, Darm/Kyurem/Zygarde, CB Hera. Keep it Jolly, or go for max power ?

Last edited:

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
keep jolly. scarf heracross and darmanitan are a thing. its also nice to have the option of checking things like niodking, kyurem, and random things like -1 scarf victini. i also prefer dragon claw to outrage w/ LO as the item because if you kill something w/ outrage then the ever common florges or maggron will just come in and revenge you for free, whereas you sweep right past them w/ dragon claw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)