Meganium (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 20 Spd / 84 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Leech Seed
- Reflect
- Synthesis

I like meganium alot better than vileplume, mainly cause of screens and pure grass. 300 defense and stuff. Yeah.

Hypno (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 212 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Light Screen
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Wish

Hypno walls like 60% of the uu sweepers, another screen is nice, yeah.

Omastar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 96 Spd / 24 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Rain Dance
- Spikes
- Toxic

Spikes, sweeping, normal/fly resist, can make an effective late game sweep.

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Hi Jump Kick
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic

Spinner, and a pseudo physical wall-ish thing. Montop is a great uu fight poke, and probably one of the better spinners. (hitmonlee isnt cutting it)

Tentacruel (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 16 HP / 196 Atk / 184 Spd / 96 SAtk / 16 SDef
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Hydro Pump
- Sludge Bomb
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Kinda bog standard cruel, and its the main offense to the team. I had major vileplume troubles and i didnt even want to think about psychic hypno. this took the cake.

Granbull (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Return
- Earthquake
- Heal Bell
- Roar

More pseudo wall things, Intimidate is nice. Gives roar and heal bell to the team.

Alright guys, do your magic.

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
In theory you could have SD Gligar troubles, but it can't really switch in on anything.
But if some Gligar switches on 'Top and has a Lum Berry, you're fucked :P
In fact, you can't really switch on CB Gligar...

Slight Vileplume problems too, as you have to predict correctly its Sleep Powder.

Ok team overall :B

my only real gligar hope is revenge tentacruel (barring nature of course). Its moveset also plays a key role. but yeah more insight is appreciated.

two things about your Granbull:
- moving 4 evs to defense would give that extra 2 points in the stat (versus only 1)
- Return > Bodyslam; raw power and you don't want paralysis conflicting with the toxic you're trying to spread.

I run a team similar to this but I use a stalking Omastar with surf and spikes. Not sure how that would work on this team, but it's just a thought.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
I thought this was my old UU until I saw the last two Pokemon.

Needs a Flier/Levitator somewhere. WTF does Meganium do? It's replaceable. All the others are good choices. Clear Body on Tentacruel is more useful.

O and way too much Toxic going on. You don't need it on 3 pokes. But if you're stalling with this team then so be it.

(HP Grass/Electric > Toxic on Omastar, for example.)

And Omastar could use Ice Beam over Rain Dance too, with Shell Armor as its ability then. It's got mad good special attack. You call this a stall team and then decide to make it a Rain Dancer along with having a sweeping Tentacruel...

If Hypno is good enough to stop Electrics, Meganium can go and Togetic can have a try (it gets Reflect, Wish, T-Wave, and a bunch of other stuff. Hustle + Aerial Ace is cool.)

Or Noctowl since it gets Reflect too, plus Hypnosis and Whirlwind. Though it kinda sucks. But so does "pure grass" Meganium.

Better yet, Misdreavus > Meganium. I like Calm Mind + T-Bolt on Misdreavus. Then go with HP Grass on Omastar seeing as how Meganium should be replaced. Misdreavus can help stop Rapid Spin so it kinda goes along with calling it UU stall.

I got another idea since I think putting Roar on an Intimidator is stupid. Reflect can go over Roar on Granbull. Then Altaria > Meganium to give a flying roarer. Altaria can even be switched to the cleric then and Granbull can go some other route.

One last thing - Investigate if going + Def on Omastar can give a better spread than what you have. It may.

EDIT: I took the liberty in investigating the Omastar spread and 320 Def, 299 Sp. Atk can be turned into 320 Def, 301 Sp. Atk by going Bold. Omastar's got potential.

Meg is there for leech seed however I do like vileplume better just for sleeping. Looks like a solid team though.

I disagree with most of what oxy just said; primarily the stance taken on meganium. All of your suggestions disagree with the idea of abusing spikes.

- Liquid Ooze on Tentacruel will punish Leech Seeders (Vileplume/Meganium/Bellossom) and force a switch.
- Leech Seed on Meganium, as well simply Meganium in general, will force switches in the same manner.
- Roar on "an Intimidator" potentially forces two switches: the first on whoever Granbull comes in and intimidates, the second on whoever comes in because the counter was roared out.

and since when is a "flyer/levitator" a standard on UU teams? he has a rapid spinner and a way to handle ghosts on said rapid spinner. While it might be a help, I really don't think such a role really needs to be filled.

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Oxypad guy made a really stupid post ha.

Like I told you, other then Gligar problems this team is great.

Posting in reply to Falkner12 (who thinks using Hyper Beam on CB Rhydon is a good idea).

Tentacruel still takes damage if seeded, so it's not like it can set up properly if it switches in to take the Leech Seed. Plus it has Sub. Subbing will block Leech Seed if it's facing any Seeder, really. I think Nintendo ran out of ideas and just came up with Liquid Ooze on a whim. Liquid Ooze is retarded when you think about that Tentacruel's role. It's a sweeper. It's fragile. Clear Body is better so that it can Sub and not suffer any -1 from intimidating switch-ins. That is likely to happen. And it's likely that you'd switch Tentacruel anyway even if it was seeded. A smart battler would.

Go ahead and love Meganium for its solid defenses. You're relying on it for Leech Seed. Wow. It really ends up hurting the team though cuz of its shitty typing and not even posing a real threat.

When Granbull switches in, it's at an advantage. Why waste that advantage by roaring away the -1 you just dished out? With that reasoning just give it Bulk Up so it can stat up easier.

"Forcing switches" - It's not like forcing switches guarantees any spikes damage. Which goes back to why every team needs a flier. Every team has got to have at least one flier so that something like STAB CB Earthquake doesn't kick the shit out of every poke. Shouldn't this really be addressed in elementary Team Building? Honestly...

Having a spinner doesn't mean you're totally invincible against spikes, either. Hitmontop will have a rough time trying to clear the field all the time, especially against ghosts.

Do the team a favor and listen to my suggestions. No one else that has posted is sensible.

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
Explain me exactly what Intimidater will switch on Tentacruel?
The only common intimidaters in UU are Granbull, who is fucking scared of Hydro Pump/Surf, or Hitmontop, who is actually countered by Tentacruel.
Liquid Ooze > Clear Body.

The shitty typing Meganium has according to your logic actually resists Ground. Pure grass is actually a good typing and IMO better then Grass/Poison solely for the Ground resist.

No, not every team needs a flyer/levitator.
Meganium doesn't need to pose a threat to be usefull. This is a fucking stall team in case you still didn't notice.

I don't know, maybe according to your logic stuff like say, Skarmory, or Support Celebi are also useless.

I won't even comment again on the Roar Granbull thing since Falkner already explained that.

first, neither banette nor missyD will tolerate being toxic'd. Secondly, pure grass is a very good typing compared to poison/grass as poison only adds a fighting resist while it loses ground resistance and adds psychic. As for Hyper Beam, ask Synch or Konkey, it is the best move in existence, regardless of which pokemon's set it's in.

EDIT: Beaten :[

as for an actual contribution though, try Feraligatr over Tentacruel; while there isn't as much SpAtk/SpDef, it is quite a bit bulkier, can still dance, but can hit with a little bit more diversity. I'd suggest:

Feraligatr (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Hydro Pump

Of course, you might want to run Brave > Adamant to strengthen Hpump. This should help with Gligar a lot.

The only thing im worried about by using fera is that now ill have even more troubles trying to play against vileplume, since i already have to play mind games around it, or ppstall it. I'll give it a try later.

And to oxypads great "liquid ooze is useless since you have sub" remark, I didn't know you could sub before switching in, honestly that makes so much sense.

And there arent very many "flyer/leviatators" in UU, Altaria, Fearow, Yanma, Gligar, Lunatone, Solrock, Xatu, MissyD, and togetic. Altaria, fearow, yanma, xatu go, None of them really give any defensive support, and all, they just add more weaknesses that i DONT need. Togekiss has very little staying power compared to its d/p counterpart, so that goes. It leaves me with gligar, lunatone, solrock, and missyD. Missy D gives me a Rapid spin blick, very cool, perish song, and some decent special defensive capaiblities. But this doesnt help with any Gligar/Vileplume problems, and getting perish/meanlooks or whatever takes alot prediction, which in uu can easily lose the game for someone. So Missy D is gone. Solrock isnt helping with anything, it gives me a redundant screen, exploding is not what i want to do, I'm trying to keep coverage on everything. Lunatone and Gligar are left.

Typing in a different paragraph so this is easier to follow. Lunatone can cover both gligar decently, but iron tail prediction will deal damage that i cant afford, and vileplumes have that possibility of carrying giga drain/hp grass. It doesn't offer much that i already have (except ice beam), so it goes. SleepTalk Gligar is probably the only option, it would give a sleep absorber, excellent coverage on other things, but no gligar solution, so none of this helps AT ALL.

For Meganium, Going to Vileplume would add more weakness, have me lose a screen, better typing, and better defensive stats, and yeah. Notice its my only ground resist? Yeah.

Please let me know if I'm wasting any EV's please. And thanks for the current insight.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'm mad my name was mentioned in this thread.

Liquid Ooze is fine.

Meganium's typing is good in UU.

Vileplume makes the team hard to switch in on Golem.

Roar Granbull is dumb.

Most variants of Cradily shits on this team.

Nidoking shits on this team.

I am not a supporter of Hyper Beam.

STABed EQs in UU are horribly devastating due to lack of Skarmory and HP Grass Zapdos.

STABed EQs in UU are horribly devastating since the main carryers in UU of a STABed EQ are rock types/have Swords Dance/have Rock Slide. Flyers not named Mantine/Pelipper don't alleviate this problem. Solrock and Lunatone do.

Taunt + Calm Mind MissyD shits on this team.

Oxypad, you are still cool and logical, but I personally believe you haven't played UU much.

Reflect Solrock/Lunatone > Omastar
+
Vileplume > Meganium
+
Earthquake Walrein > Tentacruel
+
Fearow > Granbull
+
Something useful > Hitmontop

Makes this thread so much better.

When I comment on teams, I normally refrain from coming up with specific problem pokes. Anyone can do that. I'm just disappointed that no one is smart enough to admit (1) how much of a problem not having a single flier is, (2) how beat of a strategy rapid spinning is with ghosts/subs around (even in UU) and, more of an opinion here, but (3) how bad the grass type is and that Meganium is not all that. Also, (4) how Liquid Ooze is not appropriate since Tentacruel needs to be set up and any smart battler will not set up when seeded.

So it doesn't help to say "this team is great except against Gligar." Maybe if someone would point out the basics: like putting a flier/levitator on the team. I just had to do that.

I have played UU, and half the fun is challenging OU teams with your UU team, so I even think about how I can stop Gyarados or not be trapped by Dugtrio.

Just for perspective, my team was:

Misdreavus (CM/Taunt/T-bolt/Pain Split, one of the funnest pokes I have used)
Omastar (spikes and special attacks)
Altaria (heal bell)
Togetic (Dual screen, wish, aerial ace)
Quagsire
Golem (CB) switched to Metang cuz Ice attacks caused problems.

Metang is real good actually, though it's probably not allowable as UU.

Point is - I'm sure the owner of the team is going to challenge OU teams with it out of interest/boredom and because a good UU battle is harder to find without sounding like a dick in the main chat or PM'ing random people. I am under that assumption and being more of a critic with respect to making a UU team with an OU strategy/appearance. I'm picky, I know.

Glad to hear some agreement from maybe the one other person that "gets it" - Umby.

No dude, the true way for you to stall is to just Rest Sleep Talk on every thing, and slap a Vileplume on there. For example, Omastar will survive a lot longer if you're using Rest/Sleep Talk/Surf/Spikes.

Play around with that, add in a SleepTalking Muk, which might actually wall those electrics better, cause sometimes they like to fuck around with Toxic, which kind of screws over Hypno.

Of course, Grumpig here is still going to beat you, badly. There's not much you can do with that short of perhaps slapping on a Sharpedo as your end gamer, or adding your own CMSlowking.

Resttalk is not the only way to go, though it is a good one.

I don't see how you can go all EQ IS DEVASTATING and then suggest Vileplume over Meganium.

Anyway, this isn't very much of a stall team since your only way to recover health on a lot of them is Hypno Wishing to others, which isn't reliable at all, plus you will get PP issues if you truly get into a stall war. You do indeed need more Rest in there.

Personally, I'd try:

Rest/Sleep Talk/Surf/Spikes Omastar
Rest/Sleep Talk/Surf/Calm Mind Slowking
Aromatherapy/Toxic/HP Grass/Moonlight Vileplume
Hidden Power Ice/Thunderbolt/Toxic/Perish Song Misdreavus
Flamethrower/Toxic/Roar/Rest Altaria

And then you'll probably want a Rock resist in the last slot.

I don't see how you can go all EQ IS DEVASTATING and then suggest Vileplume over Meganium.
The suggestion was to put Solrock/Lunatone and Fearow on the team, thus lessening the devastation of EQ and safely saying Vileplume can go over Meganium.

Sleep Talk - that's so creative. Granted, this isn't much of a stall team anyways.

Alright, I guess I misused the word "stall" over "defensive".

Thanks for the critisism guys, I'll fix it up and try again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)