UU Team #2 Using the pokemon that are too powerful for UU Need some help with EV's

So we have to use the pokemon that are too powerful for UU, win and then vote for them. Using all of the best pokemon in each tier is boring to me and I like clever strategy and surprise to take on top threats. I already have a primary UU team that isn't perfected for RMT yet. However since we are playing in a broken tier we have to find the broken threats. This is my secondary team using what I believe are some of those pokes.

Bolded is things I'm specifically looking for input on.
EV's are not my strong point and I could use your help on some of them if you are good with the numbers. Places I need help with EV's are underlined.
Any other comments are of course appreciated.

Some notes
  • Rakiou is the only one that cares about toxic spikes.
  • 4 out of 6 pokes can absorb any status with 2 able to absorb sleep without much harm to them.
  • If I did want to add another physical attacker Tangrowth would go in Shaymin's place
Weakness
  • Hariyama is my only physical attacker at the moment but I haven't had that many probelems with special walls.
  • Nothing to absorb toxic spikes which means it will be a thorn for my designated sweeper
-Both of the problems for this team could be remedied by using SD Zangoose, whose ability is immunity. He's basically Lucario with less special attack

The Team

Anti-lead
Mismagius (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/252 SAtk/ 4 Def?
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Destiny Bond/ Taunt /Trick
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

I feel Mismagius isn't too powerful for UU. This set works well to combat the current lead trend. This set came from brainstorming on how to take out the OU lead metagame and a variation on Gengar works almost just as good in OU if I didn't already have my own unique lead there. Anyways reasons for Mismagius:

-Immune to little bitch ass Ambimpom's fake out with it's typing and does about 70% with Hp fighting. Life orb Payback WILL KO you on turn one since you outspeed it. Non life-orbed jolly payback you will survive.
Adamant life orb night slash will rarely ever OHKO you (85.80% - 100.93%)Most will U turn.

-OHKO's starraptor with thunderbolt
-OHKO's Swellow who don't know that you outspeed them when they protect on turn 1.
-Will OHKO (2HKO sashed) Frosslass Most will not destiny bond on turn 1 expecting to outspeed you. Frosslas will not OHKO on turn one with shadow ball.
-Outspeeds and does about 75% to Crobat. With a choice scarf will it outspeed jolly Crobat? How many speed EV's do I need to outspeed Jolly Crobat and seperately Jolly Scarf Starraptor?

-Can Come back later in the match and Destiny Bond Rock Polish Torterra and Raikou behind a substitute as well as
-Making a good revenge killer to choice scarf Medicham, Gallade, Houndoom, Espeon

With it's already high base speed and a scarf I'm not sure if it needs Speed EV's.An already high attack it already does significant +100% to Staraptor and Swellow who are some of the few leads that are OHKO'd while the rest are 2HKO'd anyways. Nature COULD be changed to bold to help survive some Ambipoms Payback and guarantee you survive Night slash barring crits. It loses some revenge KO'ing ability then. The bulk is here is helpful for swithching in as well as it can take special hits pretty good. something

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs and IV's: ???????????
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Hp Ice
- Substitute
---

Raikou is too powerful for UU. Heck he's good in OU except for the fact that it's hard for an electric to find a place on a team with Zados doing attacking and defense better while Jolteon does speed better.

Bring him out mid to late game on a special attack or a good switch in and sweep.

Shaymin @ Leftovers/Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 32 HP/224 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Earth Power/Hp fire
- Rest/ Growth
- Seed Flare
---
He's outclassed by Celebi in ou and Sceptile does subseeding better. Between Seed flare and base 100 stats, Shaymin is another I think that is too powerful for UU.
EP is I feel the more reliable option for UU since it got air slash now get's the same and better coverage as HP fire. Chosing not to run life orb here but more playtesting will warrent what item get's locked in here.

Tangrowth was another option for this spot as its almost impossible for something to safely switch in weather it be Sleep Powder or just plain attacking from tangrowth. Run a sunny day team and it sweeps half of your team or more with EQ Power whip and HP fire.

Hariyama (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk 0 Spd IV's
Brave nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Payback
- Ice Punch
---
Hariyama is not to powerful for OU but i needed a good bulky fighting type for this team to work.

Standard choice band set but after playing around I found he liked the ability to switch attacks more. Otherwise Raikou liked to come in on the invaluable bullet punch and sub up. Leftovers helps him survive more while he takes advantage of guts on toxic to break teams foolish enough to attempt stall in UU. Makes an even better switch into thunderwave as well

Bullet Punch has it's uses especially against anyone noobish enough to try and use Ramparados. (You can tell what I think of stall and ramparados :D)

The 0 speed IV's and Brave nature is to take advantage of Payback and trick roomers. Nature could be changed for more bulk but I find this works fine.

He usually will be attacking and KO'ing with close combat and then switching so the defenses loss is worth the power and accuracy.
Always ice punch or payback on raikou or spiritomb as some try to set up subs. Ice punch has more pp.

Milotic (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Toxic?
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
---

Milotic is sturdy and is another that I feel should be solidly OU. I'm chosing not to run the life orb set here as I already have Shaymin doing the same thing. This move set could change, however this is safer as it deals with stall better while still retainning her usefulness.

Support
Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Wish
- Seismic Toss
---

Clefable is too much for UU to handle and I have always played with a spot for Clefable on my OU team. Ev's could be changed I kind of just threw them together. Part of the reason Clefable is too much is it's crazy movepool. Part of the same reason Mew is Uber instead of being OU.

Uxie was going to go here but I beleive she's fine in UU. I just needed a stealth rocker and Clefable supports the team better while being all but immune to any form of stall in OU and UU. Clefable can even run trick if is paranoid about being stopped by trickers.
-------------------------

Usage bases tiers are stupid. There are many other canidates which I feel are too much for UU to handle but that isn't the subject of this thread.

What do you think? Any major problems I'm not seeing?

Since you are having the most problems with Mismagius and Raikou, I will focus my advice specifically on those pokemon. I'm also not very experienced in UU, so my advice may not be as useful as you'd like.

Personally, I think you should forego the HP EVs on Mismagius and replace them with speed. Since you are aiming to deal immediate damage rather than set up on the opponent, I find it more important to focus on the stats which will contribute to Mismagius's sweeping capabilities. Since you are having trouble on the EV spread, I'd like to propose running 252 SpA / 216 Spe / 40 HP. 216 speed EVs allow you to outspeed neutral nature base 100's that may be running a Choice Scarf, such as Staraptor. I highly recommend replacing Hidden Power Fighting for Hidden Power Ice since Mismagius's main duties in your team will be to revenge kill; HP Fighting was really only needed to hit Tyranitar in OU, while HP Ice allows you to keep Altaria in check and provides for the BoltBeam combo.

Other than that, your team seems fine to me. However, it's important to note that Regice and Registeel will have no problem completely walling your team once Hariyama goes down, so it might be helpful to add another physical sweeper somewhere. I'd suggest replacing Shaymin for either Altaria, whom adds very useful resistances to your team that Mismagius may not particularly want to handle. Tangrowth is a decent option if you want a sturdier physical wall as well.

Ok where to start.....

Mismagius is, well, i find the scarf build to be fairly redundant and phail. It lacks any sort of offensive power revenge killers need, and doesnt even beat Ambipom as a lead. If you wanted, you could easily use a Trickscarf Clefable as your lead. Firstly, it mimicks the Encore ability to an extent, while increasing your speed to slightly outspeed other things. Second, its best to set up Rocks in the beginning as opposed to later. And finally, you arent "wasting" a Missy. Though, ScarfDbond is kind of cool.

What it comes down to, is if you want to abuse MissyD's overpowered abilties, or have a scarfed lead that can mess with the opponents leads, and work as an antilead. Missy only counters Staraptor, who will switch out, and swellow is RARELY seen.

Raikou is so strong, will probably end up being a suspect. But the EVs to make the best use of CM and not allowing the 25% is 68hp/252Spd/116SAtk/72SDef. HP Ice is usually the best way to go.

For Shaymin, well first of all, Shaymin>>>>>>Tangrowth in that slot. If you wanted to add some more spice to your team, you could go Specs with Max/Max Spd/Satk. It is still very bulky, and you can still use rest, since you switch out anyway. Specs Seed Flares can 2HKO chansey with a Sdef Drop, as well as 1v1 Registeel with Earthpower. Life orb is always an option too, but some really strong pokemon such as Gallade will leave you with 10%, and shaymin is an incredibly valueable pokemon. Another suspect forsure.

For Hariyama, maybe you could run a bulkier set with WW to phaze, but its fine as it is. You could use sub punch too, its really fun. Or again, if you wanted to spice up your team, Blaziken/Gallade can go here.

Rest Talk Milotic is set up bait imo, but its personal preference. Id use Surf>Hydro Pump for the pokemon you really need to hit in order to not be KO'd Aka Blaziken/Doom/etc.

Clefable can run as your trick lead if you like, and you can make mismagius do something other than, well nothing.

What i would suggest, is CBraptor over Missy, it gives you a physical "wall breaker". Clefable can be trick lead or not its again personal preference.

Well I never have much problem with registeel (including curse sets) doing anything in return besides status (and exploding) which my team enjoys as staus = free switch in with very little consequence. If I feel there is that much of a problem, i can run Magnet Pull Probopass who can run a set to deal with Steelix, Registeel and Aggron in place of Shaymin and is immune to toxistall.

Altarias only going to ever be able to pull off a dragon dance on shaymin, an asleep milotic or a switch on choice Mismagious. Shaymin was just kind of picked and thrown in here for his UU brokeness so I'm not said to see DD+Outrage bait go.

So Tangrowth Drapion or Honkrow go here. Drapion and Honkrow are fine in UU but are useful in spots here as Honkrow only minds SR and Drapion minds sleep burn and twave but absorbs the spikes and is fast. I run a sub SD EQ Cross Poisin set on my primary team that is effective.

I'm going to see what more people have to say before I choose something.

Editing in response to above post now.

Thinking out loud for this post here

Oh I know about Clefable leads that's all I've run on my OU and UU teams for about the past year with the occasional joleton thrown in. The problem is in this metagame CB Starraptor leads are somewhat common and Bold 252 def 252hp cannot survive A CB close combat and counter without using a sash. On my primary UU team I'm using Clefable with Trickflame orb to try and take on Ambiom. It works but I still take more damage than I want to. I was trying to find a way that gets a jump on them. Doing 74% minimum before they can attack me is fine as he's just about the most annoying damn poke in UU right now. I have Stealth rock so the other small percentage is dealt with by my bulky team mates or it's own life orb recoil

I've tried out scarfmagius and its effective enough at doing what I want it to which is surprise KO's and major damage on the some popular leads at the moment and wastes a slot on a their team for 1 layer of spikes. It can run enough sets that if this scarf lead set becomes popular for some reason it can play mindgames with the opponent. The loss in power is made up for with the modest nature and fairly good coverage in UU. I would miss HP fighting more than I feel the need for ice BTW

Trickscarf Clefable still doesn't do much against choiced Staraptor leads as clefable loses its bulk with the speed it needs to put into attack. Scarfed leads will then be able to always outspeed and OHKO you with CC.

The Milotic set could easily be the life orbd with Surf Ice beam Stalk. I just wanted to be able to guarantee I could take on toxistall which seems to be on every other persons team at the moment.

Starraptors nice but I like Tauros more as he has Earthquake and one of the more Powerful and fast outrages in UU. Here is how Band taurous deals with Ambipom Frosslass and Staraptor the most common ones I've seen.

Amibom lol intitmidated. Pursuit his u turn as you are slower. Brick break shouldn't do too much.

Frosslass Pursuit and then what? Switch to a priority attacker while they DB turn 2? If I understand it right if I switch in say Hariyama on DB and I bullet Punch the next turn before Lass goes again, I get taken down too? Destiny bond on something this fast is a bitch. Mismagious scarf lead handles it as of now they never DB turn one and they lose to stealth rock later if they switch or lose if they stay in

Crobat lol stone edge or pursuit while taking pitiful damage from intimidated u turn or brave bird. Mind games must be played to get maximum damage.

Staraptor lol intimidate mirror. 86.82% - 101.93% -1 Choice Band stone edge with only 80% accuracy in the face of a move the with 100% accurate CC that will do 97.94% - 115.46% with Band... fail:(.

This is why I liked the scarf Missy lead as is surprises and does major damage to the pokes before they can do anything in return or effectively run their lead set. Other slower leads that look like setup pokemon can be taunted creating a favorable switch for me.

The problem right now is Staraptor who gets amazing coverage and power against any UU lead with CC/Uturn/BB/Pursuit. Suicide SR, spike leads are a waste of poke in my opinion and attacking it before it can attack is about the only thing that can stop it's leading prowess right now.

But, you are effectively making your Missy a staraptor killer, and then its pretty much dead weight, other than its defensive typing.

If you DO keep this to revenge kill, at least put HP ice, you cant risk staying on ambipom anyway, and you wont get totally owned by a Roserade lead and you can revenge kill Shaymins, Torterras, and Nidoqueens/Kings.

In addition, your current EV spread with Mismagius doesnt outrun anything minus Ambipom. I suggest the spread 184 HP/252 SAtk/72 Spd with a modest nature to maximize the effectiveness of this set, while still KIND OF hurting things. If you want to make sure you outrun Scarf Roserade, you could use the set, 120hp/252Satk/136Spd with Timid nature, or if you want, 252Satk/252Spd/4Sdef with modest to outrun and do more damage.

Missy is there for the CC's that Staraptor may fire off if you make trickfable lead.

I see. Well I still think I would miss HP fighting than I would ice to hit normal types more than I would I can switch in on ambipoms fake out later in the match and hammer it if it doesn't know I have a choice scarf. Then it doesn't really matter if I have the HP points. They were only there in the first place to better takes hits from the leads that I couldn't OHKO anyway.

I've not really had problems with grass types or the Nido's but more problems with Normal types. I'll consider it during playtesting but we will see and this metagame shifts.

Well, im pretty sure Thunderbolt 2HKOs anyway. Ambipom should not be a top priority to counter, its not very common anymore, which is partially why i accepted your ScarfMissy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)