UU team Slaggathor

The basic concept behind my team is a combination of hard hitting pokes, and painfully strong walls.

I am open to any and all suggestions and thank you for spending your time reading this.

Ambipom (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Return
- Fake Out
- Taunt
- U-turn

A basic lead Ambipom. I usually start off with a combination of fake-out and then judging by the opposing poke’ I will do one of the following:
1. Return assuming that I will be able to take out the poke in the next turn
2. Taunt if the poke is an obvious SR lead, or perhaps a status spreader
3. Simply U-turn out to a more appropriate match up.
I run life orb to increase the number of 2HKOs and to be able to have a freedom of switching moves while keeping Ambipom in. The EVs are for max Speed and Attack, and none in defense because he won’t be really surviving most hits. I run a positive speed over a positive attack to outspeed some other common leads that I encounter.

Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Flygon plays three essential roles on the team which is EQ immunity, revenge killer, and a dragon type for the offensive typing. Often when encountering a lead which will obviously try to EQ my Ambipom I will u turn in to Flygon and go for the EQ in return. The majority of the time though I either walk away using Flygon for solely the EQ, or Outrage. Revenge killing is very useful with its high speed, which is evident with its EVs and with the item Choice Scarf. Scarf was used because the most common tactic I use with Flygon is simply hit and run, and being locked into a move really isn’t that bad.

Honchkrow (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Insomnia
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Night Slash

Honchkrow is useful to me about…half of the time. Of the times that I actually have a chance to use ol’ Honchy I feel like there are definitely better pokes to use for his job. My original poke that I used before ol’ Honchy was your run of the mill Nidoking but to be honest I thought that the whole 3 EQ weakness thing was a bit ridiculous and thus I opted out from using him. I am definitely looking for a replacement for him

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic
- Slack Off
- Psyshock

Ah Slowbro. What would I be without him? Well I would be a lot worse is what. Slowbro has two main roles on this team. The first one is what would be implied by his basic information which is a defensive wall. This slowbro plays a pseudo stall/wall kind of deal where I go into a poke that attempted to run another one of mine, and then use the toxic+slack off routine for a slow toxic death. This set works very well for me, and the EVs and nature are of course for a defensive wall, the item is well… leftovers because well…this slowbro is a wall… Anway I run scald over surf for the burn hax, and psyshock instead of psychic for the larger spectrum that I will be able to hit.

Arcanine (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 72 SDef / 8 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Toxic
- Flare Blitz
- ExtremeSpeed
- Morning Sun

Arcanine… Yes arcanine… Arcanine plays alongside Slowbro for my defensive core. Instead of running a more common offensive set I run a defensive one which has proven to be very effective. Intimidate over flash fire because the lowering of the opponents pokes attack proves to be very handy many times, leftovers for the constant healing, the evs are made to be a bit on the special side as well, but as can be seen it is primarily a defensive wall. I run Toxic once again to slowly destroy the opposing poke, flare blitz and extremespeed for the hardhitting move+ the fast move which once after toxic and flare blitz has done its job is simply there to “assist” the opposing poke to its grave. Morning sun is for recovery, and that’s about it. I’m considering switching Arcanine for a more specially defensive poke, but I have yet to really find anything as effective as this set.

Electivire (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Motor Drive
- Cross Chop
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Wild Charge
Electivire is the sweeper on my team. Most of the time after switching my slowbro something the opposing player will send their Jolteon or sometimes Zapdos and I laugh my evil laugh. I send ol’ Ele into the coming thunderbolt/Twave/thunder/etc and get the speed boost! After a speed boost this guy can kill a ridiculous number of pokes. The opposing electric pokemon is usually destroyed by EQ or in the case of flying ones an ice punch to their wings. The other moves are there for better coverage, and Wild Charge is chosen over Thunder Punch for the stronger oomph despite the recoil. Life orb is there for more bounce to the ounce, and the EVs and Nature is there for a basic physical sweeper.

After reading this I hope that you have some suggestions especially for old Honchkrow which hasn’t been keeping up with the rest of the pokes. Thanks and I hope you had fun.

Abomasnow:Usually a lead or oftentimes hidden behind another, a flare blitz to the face can usually destroy it, or a slow toxic death. Other times a Brave Bird from Honchy, or fire punch from Flygon.

Aerodactyl: also usually a lead a nice fake out+return combo is nice if its aiming for SR, otherwise U-turn/switch out and go to Slowbro for the toxic/scald combo. Othertimes an ice punch from a speed boosted Electrivire

Altaria: Outrage~

Arcanine:Toxic/Scald from Slowbro or EQ from Flygon.

Azelf: Usually a lead, a nice fake-out, taunt, return combo usually works for an Azelf, otherwise a u-turn fest from ambipom+flygon or a dark slash/sucka punch from Honchy

Azumarill: Wild Charge from Ele, toxic stall from slowbro

Bisharp: Cross chop from Ele, flare blitz from arcanine

Celebi: flare Blitz/Toxic combo from Arcanine, a just about anything from
Honchy, ice punch courtesy of Ele, etc…

Chansey: Toxic Stall if it doesn’t have heal bell, otherwise a cross chop to its cute little face, superpower from Honchy

Charizard: Hello Charizard meet slowbro. Scald+Toxic works wonders.

Cobalion: Hi *flare blitz bye! Otherwise a fun fire punch/EQ from Flygon, or Crosschop/EQ from Ele, Superpower from Honchy.

Crobat: Also usually a lead, I set up with the fake out+taunt+return combo or I go to Slowbro and go for the psyshock

Deoxys-D: Ohh not very fun at all. Usually a nice little toxic stall via arcanine/slowbro works wonders, otherwise honchy usually dies taking it out

Donphan: Often times a lead, that’s when I fake out/taunt/uturn into slowbro and scald away

Drapion: EQ. GG

Dugtrio: An ice punch to the face from Ele/Or slowbro with the toxic stall/scald

Durant: arcanine.

Dusknoir: Don’t recall meeting one but I assume a toxic stall with slowbro/arcanine would do the trick. Otherwise honchy with the night slash or sucka punch.

Eelektross: Arcanine toxic stall. Cool

Emboar:Slowbro can take most things besides the occasional wild charge. That’s when I go to ele and get the EQ a-spamming

Empoleon:Wild Charge from Ele, Cross Chop from Ele or Honchy.

Escavalier:Gives me some trouble when it’s a lead. I go for the fake out/taunt to stop the SD, and u turn to Arcanine for the flare blitz.

Espeon: Usually a honchy night slash does the trick, otherwise slow painful taking down via arcanine or just about any other poke,

Flygon:Slowbro can take out most Flygons, and when it can’t an ice punch does the trick

Gorebyss: A taunt from Ambi stops the set up, slowbro can toxic it to cripple its sweeping dreams, and if needed an Ele can wild charge it.

Heracross: Toxic+flare blitz, or a BB from Honchy, not really a big problem for my team.

Hitmontop: Slowbro can usually take it out with toxic+psyshock.

Honchkrow:Ha. Honchy has nothing on me. Just about anything from Flygon/Ele/ or well…anyone else.

Houndoom: Slowbro for the scald, Flygon for the EQ

Huntail: Ele with the wild charge, Ambi with the taunt

Jolteon: Slowbro+Ele combo, Ele gets the speed boost and shreds jolteon with an EQ

Kingdra: Outrage from Flygon, or a toxic stall from Slowbro

Kyurem: I hate kyurem with a passion. Toxic+flare blitz from Arcanine, otherwise an outrage from Flygon.

Lilligant:Flare blitz good bye

Mamoswine:EQ or Crosschop

Mew:Honchy makes mincemeat from mew.

Milotic:Toxic Stalling it with Slowbro is just…fun

Mismagius: Honchy with the priority sucka

Nidoking: EQ from flygon/Ele

Nidoqueen:Same as above

Quagsire: oooh not too fun, but slowbro with the toxic

Raikou:Slowbro+Ele combo, same as jolteon

Registeel:Cross Chop! Flare blitz!

Roserade:Usually a BB or a flareblitz will suffice.

Rotom-h: Scald yo~

Sawsbuck:A flare blitz, or Cross chop, or BB, or…

Shaymin:Flare Blitz, Toxic Stall, Ice punch you name it.

Sigilyph: Hey Honchy do me a favor… night slash/suckpunch

Slowbro:Ele makes mince meat of this guy. Other non toxic using variants can be outstalled by my bro.

Smeargle: Crosschop. Or well…just about any move.

Snorlax:Cross chop or Superpower, other times a non immune Snorlax is just fun to toxic.

Spiritomb: Toxic Fun~

Staraptor:Wild Charge! Or Ice punch! Or toxic stall! Just about anything.

Suicune: A well placed Wild Charge, or a toxic stall from Slow

Tangrowth:Flare Blitz~

Togekiss:Ice punch/Wild Charge…it’s all good.

Uxie:usually a lead, fake out+taunt+return

Victini:arcanine has so much fun with a victini. Same with slow.

Victreebel: Flare. Blitz.

Vulpix: EQ or EQ or EQ or…any other damaging move.

Weavile: Cross chop! Or well most moves.

Wobbuffet: A taunt from ambi, or if another poke is stuck usually a toxic stall, or a slow painful death

Xatu: Wld Charge~ Night Slash~

Yanmega:Ice Punch works wonders

Zapdos:Ice Punch as well! What a coincidence.

Zoroark: U-turn madness, or well the hard part is figuring out that it's him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)