UU Team Without a Title.

So I'm back with another Team that needs some suggestions, and so far it's been working decently, but I still feel that there is alot of room for improvement on it.

Anyhow, let's get to that team

Crobat @ Choice Band
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Spd / 248 Atk / 8 HP
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Super Fang

A little different than your usual Crobat Stallbreaker set. With these EV's, Crobat is able to still outspeed most of the UU tier (those without a scarf, anyway) Although it won't be OHKO'ing much, it can surely wear alot of Pokemon down. Super Fang also helps alot with Pokemon that can take Brave Bird and U-Turn (I'm looking at you, Bronzong :pirate:) This also completly walls Gligar except for Stealth Rock, (unless U-Turn, which won't do anything anyway) and Xatu has the nifty ability to bounce toxic and stealth rock back at too.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psychic
- Slack Off

Slowbro is by far one of my favorite Pokemon, and I don't think that's going to change. It can take Fighting attacks easily, and can fight back with Scald and Psychic. Calm Mind also helps tons, and if it manages to get a few off, it'll pretty much wreck everything. If you can keep hazards off the field, then there is pretty much nothing that can stop Slowbro from repeatedly coming in and setting up.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Crunch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Here comes the Pokemon that has been terrorizing every special attacker since Gen 1. Snorlax is not only amazingly bulky, but it also has a very usable attack stat. Body Slam can easily paralyze the opponents Pokemon, and Crunch is for those pesky Ghost types. Bulky as he may be, statuses really do a number on him, so it's pretty neccesary to have rest for recovery, and try to keep those hazards out with ol' Xatu.

Amoonguss @ Leftovers
EVs: 228 SDef / 252 HP / 28 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stun Spore

Not only do Slowbro and Amoonguss go perfectly together, but Amoonguss is just a great Pokemon all around. Equipped with just what it needs to use Regenerator to the fullest, and also has Spore and Stun Spore to annoy the opponent. Giga Drain also keeps those bulky waters at bay, and Flygon and Gligar are easily defeated with HP Ice.

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Def / 204 SDef
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell

Handling the huge electric weakness, in comes Lanturn. Lanturn acts both as a special attacker, and a supporter with Heal Bell. Ice Beam will ruin any Gligar foolish enough to stay in on it, and Volt Switch helps wear down bulky waters a bit. Hydro Pump is also nice to have just for stab, and even with Lanturns low special attack, still can do a decent amount.

Xatu @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Reflect
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Roost

Xatu is pretty much what holds this team together. With it's ability to take fighting moves, bounce back hazards, and status moves it's not exactly hard to tell why either. Reflect helps Umbreon if it should have to stay in on a fighting type, Psychic can hurt those fighting types as well, and Thunder Wave will ruin any Scarfed Pokemons day. Roost is simply there because Xatu needs some sort of recovery for it to survive.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion: I've had some good battles with this team, but it's nowhere close to indestructible. You will most likely be in a bad situation if you see a Chandelure or Heracross, but they ARE workable around if you play it right.

Anyways, here's the import:

Crobat @ Choice Band
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Super Fang

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psychic
- Slack Off

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Crunch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Amoonguss @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 28 SAtk / 228 SDef
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Spore
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stun Spore

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Def / 204 SDef
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell

Xatu @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Reflect
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Roost

After playing around with the team a little bit, I have removed Umbreon and Manectric, and replaced them with Snorlax and Lanturn. So far these Pokemon are working very well.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
so i just want to say that since your other attacks will always do >50%(bar bronzong)
so i reccomend replacing super fang with cross poison to hit electric types harder.
also, if you really are worried about bronzong USE ONE OF THE FIRE TYPES maybe victini or darmanitan cause your team is more special based

I think the change to Snorlax and Lanturn are good calls, I'll give a longer rate later. I would replace Hydro Pump on Lanturn to Scald though. Considering you have no offensive investment in Lanturn I think the benefit of burn chance is much better than higher BP.

Looking at your team, it seems pretty defensive. Due to this I think CB Crobat seems a little out of place. I think a regular Black Sludge Crobat would be much more beneficial to 'stall break':
Crobat @ Black Sludge
EV's: 176 HP / 98 Atk / 98 Def / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-Turn
- Super Fang/Taunt
- Roost/Taunt

This set should be a lot more helpful to you thanks to the ability to alternate between attacks and recover your health.

Snorlax should have Whirlwind over Crunch if you really want to use a Sleeptalk set. Having a phazer is extremely important on a team like this.

Another minor change is to make any special attacker without Hidden Power have a 0 Atk IV. This makes Umbreon's and Sableye's Foul Play do less damage to them, I think this is important since Umbreon can be a real pain to take down.

That's really all I can think of, you've done a good job with this team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)