UU TEAM

Hey guys what's up i have an RMT here with a team ive come to love over the past month. There are some weak links thats i would like feed back on so let's get started.

At a Glance:

This team is based around Leafeon baton passing swords dances out to either Arcanine or Swellow. I tried to make it so the team can function both with and without the swords dances so im not dependent on a certain strategy.

The Lead

Uxie @ Light Clay
Evs: 252hp, 252spd, 4spAtk
Nature: Impish
Moveset:
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Psychic
-U-Turn​
First part step in the "strategy". The overall plan is to set up Screens and get out of there. The EV's let Uxie get the Screens up quickly and U-turn out. I didn't choose to put moment in here because iv'e found many opportunities to put my screens up again, and Psychic is a 2HKO on Nidoking.

The Dancer

Leafeon @ Leftovers
Evs: 132hp, 152atk, 224spe
Nature: Jolly
Moveset:
-Swords Dance
-Baton Pass
-Leaf Blade
-Synthesis
Right after I get my screens out i go to this guy. In the month iv'e used this team Leafeon has been a great baton passer. He has enough natural defense to take a couple hits and the speed to baton pass out in time. I always end up getting at least one sd out to one of my other teammates. Leaf Blade is for STAB and Synthesis is for recovery and helps me achieve my overall strategy of having a BP team that isnt reliant on only baton passing once.

The First Receiver

Arcanine @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
Evs: 192hp, 252atk, 64spe
Nature: Adamant
Moveset:
-Flare Blitz
-Extremespeed
-Thunder Fang
-Morning Sun​

The first reciever on Leafeon's Sword Dances. With the hp ev's Arcanine is tough to take down. And with his lum berry he's almost impossible to stop with a few boosts. I choose Flash Fire over Intimidate because Leafeon loves to draw in opposing Arcanines, Houndooms, Moltreses and so on. Several times i can BP out 2 dances and get a Flash Fire boost, opening amazing sweeping opportunities. Flare Blitz gives nice power especially with FF and dances, Extremespeed is for priority, and Thunderfang is for those annoying waters and anything that resists my stab. The only thing that gives this Arcanine trouble is Rhyperior and i dont run into too many of those and with a couple dances Flare Blitz will still do a hefty chunk.

*I would like to point out though that both Leafeon and Arcanine have recovery moves that could benifit from the sun, and with a sunny day up Arcanine might be able to do even more, so i'd like to fit that in somewhere.

The Second Receiver

Swellow @ Flame Orb
Evs: 6hp, 252atk, 252spd
Moveset:
-Facade
-Quick Attack
-Pursuit
-U-Turn / Aerial Ace​

My second receiver. Swellow does great at receiving SD's and dealing out major damage. Flame over toxic Orb because if i get dances in im going to be around for a while. Facade for STAB and Guts, Quick Attack for other STAB and priority users, Pursuit for Ghosts and switches. Now iv'e had U-Turn on this thing before but now that im writing this i think Aerial Ace might be the better choice if my plan is to stay in longer. But the strategy used to be was to just come in, get guts and u-turn out. So if u could tell me the better option please do.

The Special Spong

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
Evs: 40hp, 136spAtk, 252spDef, 80Spe
Moveset:
-Confuse Ray
-Surf
-Discharge
-Ice Beam​

I say special sponge, but Lanturn is more of a parafuser. With confuse ray and discharge oppenets never really can touch me, and with my high spdef they wont do much even if they do. I gave 3 attacking moves so the flow of my team wouldn't be weakened and it's worked pretty well so far. Nothing really more to say.

The Physical Wall​

Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Evs: 252hp, 200def, 56atk
Moveset:
-Close Combat
-Rapid Spin
-Foresight
-Sunny Day​

To be honest a weak link. When i said i wanted to include sunny day in this team this is what i came up with. I need something to take phsyical hits and be able to hit SR away for Swellow and Hitmontop has done...okay. The set seems awkward, especially Foresight. I can't really say much about him other than i would like to change him out so please give me some input on that.

So that's my team. Please rate it and help me fix it up.
Things I want to work on:
1: Swellow's Moveset and even if he should be ON the team
2: A way to fit Sunny Day into the team and even if it's a good idea
3: A replacement for Hitmontop, he's just awkward on this team
4: Some kind of Special Attacker

I would discourage adding sunny day as that would allow poke with chlorophil to outspeed you that shouldn't . In place of that on hitmontop I would recommend pursuit as he forces switches or sucker punch for priority. I also find that 252 hp 252 ark on tops gives him some power to keep the offense of the team.

Edit: you could try registerl over lanturn as a specail wall as with screens he is not going down. He will be able to set up stealth rocks to rack up damage. While also thunderwaving to slow down or toxuc to wear down walls.

I would max arcanines speed so u will be able to use flare blitz more not have to rely on extreme speed. Change the ability to intimidate to add bulk and scare off physical attackers

As you would like to ditch top and want a specail attacker I recommend blastoise
Blastoise @ leftovers/ life orb
Timid
4hp 252SAtk 252Spe
Surf of hydro pump
Hidden power grass
Ice beam
rapid spin

Working like starmie on the ou blastoise hits with great coverage while possessing already good bulk. He still spins while finishing off the elemental Core of fire grass water.

Pretty nifty team there, quite similar to mine in terms of the pokemon used.

Anyways If you're looking for a better physical wall i would suggest Steelix, what with that monstrous defense stat. You could also go with Registeel, or Regirock if that's what you like.

If you would like a different rapid spinner i would go with the Blastoise Gauntlet mentioned.

The Swellow set looks pretty good, but i would suggest that you use brave bird over pursuit and use the last slot with U-Turn.

Good luck with this team.

Swellow @ Flame Orb
Evs: 6hp, 252atk, 252spd
Moveset:
-Facade
-Quick Attack
-Baton Pass
-Brave Bird/ Aerial ace

I suggest Baton Pass as it will allow you to pass off that SD boost before Swellow dies.

Your uxie should pack Heal Bell over Psychic. It helps greatly with status. If your arcanine is paralyzed, its basically useless. It helps with Hitmontop also. Don't go with Steelix, Regirock, or Registeel over hitmontop. If you do, then your team has 3 pokes weak to ground type moves. Not good.
Your swellow needs to run Facade, Brave Bird, Quick Attack, and Baton Pass/U-Turn. U-Turn is good for scouting and damage, but nullifies the Swords Dance boost when it switches out. Baton Pass is good for passing the SD to someone else if you know swellow is gonna die of flame orb this turn. Pursuit is not needed.

If your going to keep hitmontop, go for a moveset like this. Foresight, Rapid Spin, Close Combat, and Rest. Uxie's Heal Bell plus Rest will give Hitmontop an amazingly long survival time in a battle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)