UU Victim of the Week! (Week Twenty-Seven: Contrary Serperior)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amoonguss as a counter

Amoonguss @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP /116 Def / 140 SpD
Calm Nature
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power Fire
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play

His type Grass and Poison allow him to safely switch into a LeafStorm from Serperior . He has a great bulk thank to Assault Vest and Regenerator make this shroom even more annoying for your opponent .
Amoonguss punish Serperior back with Clear Smog which eliminates Serperior's boost.
He can switch in Serperior for days.
Also Amoonguss is a great special wall on a team , as he can check many special threats like Suicune, Hydreigon, and can work as Fight and Fairy check .

Defensive Calcs:
+2
252 SpA Serperior Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 140 SpD Assault Vest Amoonguss: 124-148 (28.7 - 34.2%) -- 2.9% chance to 3HKO

Offensive Calcs:
0 SpA Amoonguss Clear Smog vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Serperior: 102-120 (35 - 41.2%) -- 54.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:

Century Express

melodies of life
is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
Roserade as a counter.

Roserade @ Black Sludge

Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Spikes / Toxic Spikes
- Synthesis / Leech Seed

Thanks to its typing, Roserade finds herself in a comfortable position when switching in a Leaf Storm thanks for it's 4x resistance, defeating Serperior easily with Sludge Bomb, or using it as a opportunity to setup hazards, and even with Hidden Power [Fire] +2 can't 2HKO (with the exception of Life Orb), and if with LO, after the the recoil damage, Serperior will always be in Sludge Bomb's KO range. With the help of Synthesis or Leech Seed (assuming a switch-in), Roserade can switch into Serperior multiple times, and thanks to Natural Cure, she isn't hindered by Glare.

Also, Roserade provide some nice functions for a team, contributing as a hazard setter, for both offensive and stall teams, Fairy- and a (shaky) Fight-resist, Toxic Spikes absorber, as well absorbing annoying status, dealing pretty well against Suicune and Vaporeon.

Defensive Calcs

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 240+ SpD Roserade: 66-79 (20.3 - 24.3%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Dragon Pulse vs. 252 HP / 240+ SpD Roserade: 117-139 (36.1 - 42.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 240+ SpD Roserade: 166-198 (51.2 - 61.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
+6 252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Dragon Pulse vs. 252 HP / 240+ SpD Roserade: 235-277 (72.5 - 85.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery

Offensive Calcs

0 SpA Roserade Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Serperior: 246-290 (84.5 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Roserade Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Serperior: 246-290 (84.5 - 99.6%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:
Fletchinder as a check

Fletchinder@ no item
Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
-Acrobatics
-Roost
-WoW
-SD

Can switch in on a +2 Leaf Storm or HP Fire and easily ohko with Acrobatics with either one round of recoil from LO or SR.

252+ Atk Fletchinder Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Serperior: 282-332 (96.9 - 114%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 104 HP / 0 SpD Fletchinder: 161-190 (55.3 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Hidden Power Fire vs. 104 HP / 0 SpD Fletchinder: 99-117 (34 - 40.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Fletch can come in on any move with the exception to a predicted HP rock and easily KO Serp.

Cownter

Miltank (F) @
Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 SpD
Careful Nature
- Milk Drink
- Body Slam/ Return
- Earthquake/ Toxic/ Stealth Rock/ Fire Punch
- Heal Bell / Curse

You only need the first two moves to counter Serperior, but you can rearrange the other moves freely, depending on your team and on the support you want to provide (you can either be a setupper packing Firepunch and Return, or a Healbeller with rocks; There are many options and it's around your experience that you should decide which one is the best -even Double-Edge and TWave can be considered)
But the sure thing is that you can come onto any grass Type, that relies on his grass-stabs alone to be effective, as for example Serperior, get the +1 and then start becoming useful (Cursing up, poisoning somebody, spreading paralyzes with a +1 Body Slam, healbelling the opponent)
And if Serperior Glares you or your mates, the cow has some nice Healbell, a true mammal got the attributes.
The EVs are studied to be even on both defenive sides -if for any reason somebody wants to actually use it

Defensive calcs:
252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Dragon Pulse vs. 252 HP / 220+ SpD Miltank: 78-92 (19.7 - 23.3%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 220+ SpD Miltank: 56-66 (14.2 - 16.7%) -- possible 8HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

So you tank it all day, steal the milk from your own calf and drink it all by yourself, and sit there producing some nice compost.
Offensive calcs:
0 Atk Miltank Body Slam vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Serperior: 79-94 (27.1 - 32.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Either Miltank weighs off the opponent with BodySlam, or toxic stalls, or curses up and..

+3 0 Atk Miltank Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Serperior: 237-280 (81.4 - 96.2%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Well, in that case Mitank could even prove to be useful against the whole side of the opponent team aswell, since it's pretty bulky.

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
I got this idea from the RU version of this thread but unlike that thread there this one has no rule on saying the Pokemon has to be viable, just pick the absolute best counter so here it is ^.^ (counter)

Marill @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Whirlpool
- Perish Song
- Encore
- Rest

252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Hidden Power Rock vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Marill: 44-52 (12.7 - 15.1%) -- possible 6HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Marill: 22-26 (6.3 - 7.5%) -- possibly the worst move ever
Serperior Leaf Storm vs. Sap Sipper Marill: 0-0 (0 - 0%)
Serperior Giga Drain vs. Sap Sipper Marill: 0-0 (0 - 0%)

So yeah at worst you're looking at a 6HKO which gives you plenty of time to do the old Perish Trap. You also get Encore so at the end of Perish Song right before you die you can choose what move to lock Serperior into.

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I got this idea from the RU version of this thread but unlike that thread there this one has no rule on saying the Pokemon has to be viable, just pick the absolute best counter so here it is ^.^ (counter)

Marill @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Whirlpool
- Perish Song
- Encore
- Rest

252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Hidden Power Rock vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Marill: 44-52 (12.7 - 15.1%) -- possible 6HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Marill: 22-26 (6.3 - 7.5%) -- possibly the worst move ever
Serperior Leaf Storm vs. Sap Sipper Marill: 0-0 (0 - 0%)
Serperior Giga Drain vs. Sap Sipper Marill: 0-0 (0 - 0%)

So yeah at worst you're looking at a 6HKO which gives you plenty of time to do the old Perish Trap. You also get Encore so at the end of Perish Song right before you die you can choose what move to lock Serperior into.
Viability (or serious lack thereof) aside you do know Sap Sipper's illegal on Marill with Whirlpool right? :]

Bronzong as a CHECK

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP/252 SpDef/4 Def
IVs: 0 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Filler Move

On the Offense:

0 Atk Bronzong Gyro Ball (141 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Serperior: 144-171 (49.4 - 58.7%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO

On the Defense:

252 SpA Meadow Plate Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Bronzong: 57-68 (16.8 - 20.1%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Meadow Plate Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Bronzong: 114-135 (33.7 - 39.9%) -- 32.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Serperior Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatproof Bronzong: 60-72 (17.7 - 21.3%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery

You'll stick this on a team with more problems with fire than with ground, so you don't need to worry about lacking levitate. With SR up, the Gyro is a guaranteed 2HKO. As long as you don't come in on the leaf storm, you're golden.

Last edited:

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
this hasnt been updated in three weeks, so i'm gonna lock it.

csb: if you regain interest in running this, let me know and i'll unlock it, otherwise Hikari will be taking over this project starting next week.

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
this hasnt been updated in three weeks, so i'm gonna lock it.

csb: if you regain interest in running this, let me know and i'll unlock it, otherwise Hikari will be taking over this project starting next week.
I spent the whole week mulling it over and thinking real hard on it, and ya know what? I'll let it go. Updating things has been a hassle for me as of late and this project's been slowly declining in activity, so I feel even if I were to keep it I wouldn't get anywhere. Hikari will probably do a much better job than I did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)