UU VoltTurn Offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flygon was added to be my first u-turn pokemon, it acts as the primary lead and revenge killer being the fastest pokemon in my team. Flygon can clean up late game after all the steel types have been removed which Rotom-H and Mienshao help to remove.

Flygon (F) @ Choice Scarf Trait: Levitate

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

The second pokemon i added was Rotom-H to be the Volt Switcher of my team, Rotom-H is here to force switches and Volt Switch out. I chose to use Hidden Power Ice to Ground types that switch in to stop the Volt Switch such as Flygon and Gligar which means my Mienshao can do massive damage once Gligar has been removed. Choice Specs is chosen over Scarf set because i already have a Scarfer on my team.

Rotom-H @ Choice Specs

Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick

Rotom-H and flygon are standard in UU VoltTurn teams so i wanted to mix it up a bit so i added in Zoroark in my team. Zoroark can be disguised as Mienshao to lure in Slowbros and kill with the Night Daze. Zoroark also has priority sucker punch which can hit speedier Psychic types like Azelf and possibly kill with prior damage. Zoroark is also another user of U-turn.

Zoroark (M) @ Life Orb Trait: Illusion

EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- U-turn
- Night Daze
- Flamethrower
- Sucker Punch

To make my VoltTurn combo easier i wanted a way to keep hazards of my side of the field and set them up myself without losing momentum so i added in Xatu. Xatu can take hits if it needs to and set up the Dual Screens to make switching easier for my team. Xatu is also another U-turner in my team.

Xatu (M) @ Light Clay
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- U-turn
- Roost

Mienshao is here so Zoroark can disguise its self as it and score free kills. Mienshao can also hit very hard with Hi Jump Kick and revenge with Fake out then U-turn away and recover the Life Orb damage. Mienshao was being walled by Gligar which could also shutdown my VoltTurn combo so i tested Hidden Power Ice which worked quite well but it still did not 1 hit KO even with SR damage so i am considering switching it out for Stone Edge to hit Chandelures switching in on the predicted Hi Jump Kick.

Mienshao (F) @ Life Orb

Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Hi Jump Kick
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The last pokemon i added was Suicune to add resistances and to generally take hits Suicune can also be a backup late game sweeper once Rotom-H has removed the Grass and Water types once it gets a few Calm Minds Suicune can dangerous.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Scald
- Sleep Talk

If anyone can see any major flaws please tell me as i am new to building teams. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Mienshao is Currently OU, and thus can't be used on a UU team. Theres not much of a UU equivalent to Mienshao in OU that I can think of, but its roll as revenge killer is already pretty much filled be Flygon. Since Mienshao was a pretty good disguise for Zoroark, I would sonsider running a different fighting type, maybe something like this

Machamp @ Leftovers
Trait: No Guard
212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- DynamicPunch
- Stone Edge
- ThunderPunch/Toxic

This set would dish out a good amount of fighting type damage, just like HJK did, and it has fighting typing just like Mienshao. Also, Substitute would be a good move to use if you can get the opponent to beleive that the Machamp is actually a Zoroark, as they would switch out to something to take the hit. Although it doesn't carry a Volt-Turn move, I think you should already be gaining enough momentum with your other Volt-Turners.

Also, you might want to expand your explanations a little bit and tidy up the post, or someone might lock this thread.

I assume you're playing on PO server, since you use Mienshao.

First, I would shift the 4 HP EVs on Flygon and Rotom to SpD to prevent Download users from getting a SpA boost as they switch in.

Second, I don't really see why Xatu's running Dual Screens, since neither your only setup mon, Suicune nor anything else on your team except Zoroark is inherently fragile enough to need them, and they don't do enough during those turns to merit giving 2 turns of momentum to your opponent for free. I would suggest changing them to Psyshock and Thunder Wave or Toxic, as well as Leftovers instead of Light Clay, which allows you to check fighters (which your team is very weak to) and aid in a sweep more effectively by breaking down sweepers or wearing down walls.

(PS: you're only allowed to have one rmt up at a time.)

Locking this thread under Rule 3 and 13. Few of your descriptions are short and you are only permitted to have one active RMT thread open at any given time. Don't post a new team every 2 weeks, wait some time before posting another RMT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)