VBulletin Search Function Issue

The default search function for both searching in general, and searching within a thread filters out "words that are too short", but this creates a problem when I'm trying to find posts within a thread that pertains to just DSi XL for example.

Many threads are hundreds of pages long, thus it would be nice if the search within a thread at least could allow specific short words like "DSi" "XL" "3DS" "EV" "IV" etc.

As an example, if in the RNG help thread, I'm trying to find if any one has had Q&A's regarding trying on a DSi XL and I search within the thread I get
The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : DSi, XL
Or if in a Pokemon discussion thread, I'm searching for people who posted certain EV's or IV's I get
The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : EV, IV
Thanks for reading; if allowing certain 3-letters or under search terms like above that'd be greatly appreciated.

you can try an advanced search or search the whole forum.

edit: also, try adding &highlight=whatever to the end of the url. It will make whatever you're searching for bold and red, which is very visible in most threads.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)