Venusaur

Stratos

Banned deucer.
arcanine can munch his STAB, retaliate with Close Combat, and isn't dead weight besides. there's other options, but he's my favorite.

Go on this lovely resource: www.dictionary.com

On-topic, when you pop the balloon Heatran KOs you with Flamethrower.
Come to think of it, I might have used "allude" incorrectly, but I'm pretty sure it can be used in that context.

Likewise, Heatran is generally smart about keeping its Balloon. In his defense, Specially Defensive Heatran primarily has Leftovers. Though, Dugtrio is pitifully fucked against Balloon versions.

Damn, you're right. =(. Fuck my inability to speak English properly when I'm tired.

And is a subseed Venusaur implausible with Chlorophyll?
Elude
1. Evade or escape from (a danger, enemy, or pursuer), typically in a skillful or cunning way: "he managed to elude his pursuer".

You meant i was kinda dodging your point, is that it? =S

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
its theoretical and honestly, if its Scarftran Duggy loses.
Focus Sash Dugtrio wins against Scarftran, Shuca Berry Tran, and Air Balloon Tran, assuming it has its Focus Sash intact and Heatran doesn't have Flare Charge.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Specially defensive heatran? Without roar, it loses to chesto rest volcorona. With roar? It loses to...

Snorlax, Shiftry, Slowbro, Arcanine, your own balloon heatran, Terrakion, Milotic, Rapidash, Infernape, tangrowth and a few others.

Running dugtrio isolates it but dugtrio is gutter trash. If you're predicting a scenario in which you use dugtrio, you can also predict one where you bait in heatran and kill him.

Also, I'm gonna run grass knot on venusuar afterall. Just need to see calcs for EB/SB.

alphatron

Oh right. Post limit.

Venu can run EQ if need be, but I'd rather run sludge bomb for every single dragon not currently uber. Sub seeding leaves much to be desired, but its possible. If you don't mind losing grass STAB then...go with growth, hp fire, eq, and sludge bomb. If running sun stall or t spikes support, then venoshock all the way.

Focus Sash Dugtrio wins against Scarftran, Shuca Berry Tran, and Air Balloon Tran, assuming it has its Focus Sash intact and Heatran doesn't have Flare Charge.
Thats exactly what I run.

Jolly 252 attack 252 speed 4 Hp
@focus sash

Stealth rock
Earthquake
Stone edge
Sucker punch

Thats exactly what I run.

Jolly 252 attack 252 speed 4 Hp
@focus sash

Stealth rock
Earthquake
Stone edge
Sucker punch
Okay, seriously, I promise I'll stop changing the topic from Venusaur after this.

With that set, you can generally only catch it if you both lead or there are no rocks. And even still, you're running a suicide Heatran counter as opposed to one that could actually wall it and be useful again later.

who says a heatran is gunna stay in against a arcanine? and from what ive seen, baloon heatrans usually carry stealth rocks themselves so dugtrio isnt harmed by hazards. the most common one now are specially defensive ones and still. scarftran. which means that a timid sash dugtrio can trap and kill heatran.

who says a heatran is gunna stay in against a arcanine? and from what ive seen, baloon heatrans usually carry stealth rocks themselves so dugtrio isnt harmed by hazards. the most common one now are specially defensive ones and still. scarftran. which means that a timid sash dugtrio can trap and kill heatran.
You're missing the point honey. I'm not saying it can't. I'm saying Dugtrio is not good at his role (easily predicted), and even when he does pull it off, he has to sacrifice himself to do it. The Sash was a good idea, but Dugtrio still ends up dead in the end. I personally think you're better off with other counters to Heatran is all.

Promise was broken lol.

but his sacrifice was not in vain because he gets to kill the number one venusaur counter: heatran. also, if you predict right, and if its a specially defensive heatran, it can usually in a match:

get rocks up
kill heatran
maim the next pokemon with sucker punch (for some reason scarf latios comes in every time to revenge. i usually get about 40 of their health.

alphatron

Guys, the dugtrio thread could probably use this discussion.=(

For the record, I agree with Ms. Denbo.

alphatron

With dead topics like this, I am tempted to make a new topic to replace the purged one, even if we do have a sun guide on the main site.

I've been playing around with a specially defensive chlorosaur and I friggin love it. Since I'm running nasty plot ninetales as a late game cleaner, he's basically my main sunlight inducer. He switches in and sets up sunlight on all forms of politoed while shrugging off damage. He counters room-w while taking down scissor with a swift hp fire. He's my main counter to water Type Pokemon with only a psychic from starmie being a serious bother to him. Would be counters put are put to sleep and with a little ev investment, I can outspend timid scarfed room in sunlight while still being bulky.

I wanted him to double as a heatran lure, but I am not sure how many attack Evs I'll need to bother heatran with earthquake while still running a calm nature.

For anyone still using offensive venusaur, I must ask...why does no one use solar beam at all on him. Yes, solar beam does have its issues, but venusaur needs the power when his strongest sweeping move is a stab sludge bomb. Since most sun teams are running dug trio anyway to remove enemy inducers, what exactly do they gain by running energy ball on venusaur?

What do you do when it has Air Balloon? Heatran OHKO's Dugtrio, doesn't he? *goes to calculate*

Edit:

Fire Blast is always a OHKO

Hidden Power Ice has an 87.17% chance to OHKO

Flamethrower also has an 87.17% chance to OHKO

Unless you have a specially defense and max HP Dugtrio, you're still in a bit of trouble.
Um.. if you see that they have a balloon then don't make that mentioned play until you've popped it with something else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)