VGC '12 Mississippi Valley Video!

This one is right on time!

http://youtu.be/MMh-jKBxVA0 (Make sure to change to 1080p and allow time for buffering)

TeeJay, Mandy, and I drove from Kansas City to compete in Crestwood, MO. Although the venue setup didn't live up to past tournaments; I had a great time! The swiss format was a good idea, but they need to figure out how to keep people from dropping out. Thanks to everyone who organized the tournament! Also, thanks to my opponents for the GGs.

Had a good time. I echo the sentiments about Swiss. It guarantees that all participants can enjoy several battles IRL. Which is a whole different experience from battling online. If you're on the fence about it, I highly recommend you try it. You don't have to be good at the format to enjoy yourself.

It does mess up things at the top and I hope that can be resolved in the future with a top cut system, etc. It is a roll of the dice for people with one loss.

R1 vs Ryuzaki (W) - Too many crits. Wish we could have battled again without hax.
R2 vs ??? (L) - Went all the way to time-out. I missed a Hidden Power on Garchomp due to Sand Veil and that sealed the deal.
R3 vs Deitylight (L) - He totally outplayed me.
R4 vs Mattj (W) - I got a lucky full para when I needed it most. Really fun match with a ton of shenanigans.
R5 vs Dadrank (W) - Jrank, you were making me nervous watching over your dad's shoulder. :P Dadrank and I both agreed that the guy next to us needed to learn good sportsmanship.
R6 vs El Scorcho (W) - We both didn't care at this point and just had fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)