VGC '12 Western Canada Regional - Surrey, BC - Won by R Inanimate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to R_Inanimate.

Also, I don't want to sound like a dick, but this regionals was one of the most rage-inducing "fun" event I've ever experienced.

Good job to you too redghost! :)

I also got 5 wins (only lost was to R Inanimate), so I got 4th place which I'm happy about since travel allowance means actual incentive to go to nationals now.

@Owlfred: Sorry to hear that. Hope my game with you didn't induce rage for you (I was the one who played you on the last round). I did get more luck/hax to my favor than you did, so sorry about that.
EDIT: at least, I think I remember the name on your DS being Owlfred...
EDIT2: Oh, I remembered the game wrong then. But yah, second game, I think I remember what happened. It was a close and interesting one. I remember it was a pretty tough choice during team preview, because I knew it was going to be a tough battle regardless.

Uh, you mean the second round. Also, you were the only good guy I faced (really, everyone else was a scrub that I lost against due to a horrible moveset). I was surprised I managed to do so well against you. Should I explain my story in this thread, or make a new thread telling you guys to quit complaining about hax, because my store is far worse than any of your possible stories, and it isn't even about hax!

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Back from the event. Went 6-0 with a modification of my November team. I had a good team, and it was nice meeting all the Vancouver (and Saskatchewan) Smogonites again. I'll probably be writing a warstory, but since I think I may want to use the team again, I'll be witholding the details about my team.

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Mike Papagiaris

congrats R Inanimate. Best 3k SPL pickup ever???

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey everyone I really enjoyed playing R Inanimate in R2, Articuno64 in R3, and skarm in R5. In all honesty though awesome time and it was great to see everyone again. All the people who got travel awards are great people.

Nice meeting/battling you all again. Every battle I had was excellent; it was definitely worth the trip across the border. Good luck to everyone who's going on to nationals!

And on a side note, if anyone needs a specific Pokemon for nationals feel free to ask me, and I'll see what I can do, time permitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)