VGC 2010 Team

Team at a Glance

Team Building Process

First, I wanted to start with a lead Metagross since I really don't have much experience with him so I figured it'd be nice to get to know my big metal buddy better. Plus I liked his ability to counter TR teams with Hammer Arm

Since Metagross can't cope well with the common weather induces in Groudon and Kyogre, I wanted someone who could. The only two Pokemon I could think of where Abomasnow and Ludicolo. I picked Abomasnow because I like the 100% accuracy Blizzard and so now I'm using Ludicolo as one of my altenatives

I like to run two weather inducing Pokemon on my team so that I can easily counter my opponents weather. After seeing the lack-luster speed my team had so far I decided to go for te ever popular Scarf Kyogre.

Finally, I noticed my team had trouble dealing with Palkia so I knew I needed a strong Dragon sweeper (plus it fit the weaknesses I had open). I also wanted a second physical sweeper so it came down to Dialga and Giratina-O and I wanted an Exploder check so Giratina-O it was.

In-Depth Look

Metagross @ Occa Berry
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
~Meteor Mash
~Bullet Punch
~Hammer Arm
~Protect / Explosion

I wanted to lead with Metagross because of his bulk and ability to counter TR with Hammer Arm to lower his speed and take out Dialga. Meteor Mash is obviously for STAB and Bullet Punch for priority. The last slot I don't know rather to put Protect or Explosion. I like the security of Protect but Explosion can be nice after the double Protect on turn 1 expecting an Explosion. Then I can just Explode and switch in Giratina-O. Occa Berry so I don't have both leads weak to fire.

Abomasnow @ Focus Sash
Nature: Quiet (0 Spd IVs)
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
~Blizzard
~Grass Knot
~Shadow Ball
~Protect

Since Metagross has trouble dealing with Kyogre and Groudon I wanted someone to counter them easily and who better than Abomasnow? Quiet Nature and 0 Speed IVs to ensure I set up hail and it also helps against Trick Room teams. Focus Sash because of Abomasnows billion and one weaknesses and fragileness in the uber enviroment. Blizzard for STAB and 100% accuracy. Grass Knot puts a big dent in both Goudon and Kyogre. Shadow Ball because Abomasnow doesn't really have anything better...

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Modest
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
~Water Sout
~Hydro Pump
~Thunder
~Ice Beam

Ah yes, the infamous Scarf-Spout Ogre. He's the 2nd weather inducer I always like to have and provides great power with STAB Rain-boosted Water Spout. Hydro Pump for when Water Sout wouldn't do much, Thunder for 100% accuracy and other Kyogres and Ice Beam for all the Dragons running around.

Giratina @ Griseous Orb
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
~Dragon Claw
~Shadow Force
~Shadow Sneak
~Protect

Explosion check and 2nd physical sweeper. Dragon Claw gets STAB and helps deal with Palkia (and Kingdra to a lesser extent). Shadow Force is beast with all the Protect users and Shadow Sneak for priority and STAB. For the EVs I went 196 Spe to outspeed max speed neutral nature Rayquaza, then I maxed Atk and dumped the rest in HP. Giratina-O also round out my team weakness chart nicely.

Well thats all I got any advice is appreciated​

One problem with kyogre is that it is stuck with the same move. If you use water spout you have to keep using it unless you switch out. There are no pokemon on your team that can use wish so if Kyogre keeps getting hit, water spout will have less power. Soon water spout would become weak and wouldn't be a threat any more. Your team is not bulit for speed. I suggest a pokemon with trick room or get a faster pokemon.
Your pokemon team is also weak against Dialga. Dialga can easily KO Girataina-0. Giratina -0 might be fastier, but dragon claw won't do much damage. Kyogre and Abomasnow's ice moves are neutral to dialga. Metagross is slower than Dialga so Dialga will get to hit metagross twice. It can easlily 2 OHKO Metagross.
Your wrong that Giratina-0 can deal with Palkia.( No offenese) Palkia out speeds your Giratina-0. Then it will OK it with Special Rend or Draco Meter.If you change your Giratina-0 to a Giratina holding a haban berry your pokemon will survive Palkia's STAB dragon attacks. Also a Giratina can hit back with dragon claw and has a possiblity of OKing Palkia.
I do like that you use Giratina. Though I wouldn't use it as a sweeper. On my team I use it as a wall. Otherwise I don't see anything else wrong with your team. I hope my advice is useful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)