VGC Raindance

Good afternoon everyone. I have been testing this team on Showdown for the last few weeks. I also have all of these Pokemon. I see some weaknesses, however, I just do not know where to start to make this a better team. I am not opposed to switching any Pokemon around, however, all I ask is that you keep Blastoise, as I want to make a team around him and the rain.

I posted a few of my videos on here so I can give you all a good perspective on how I try to make my team work, and my strategy. I hope this isn't too much information. There are some winners and some losers.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2014-77581362
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2014-77583506
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2014-77585464
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/vgc2014-77587154

Blastoise (M) @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin
- Water Pulse

This is one of my favorite Pokemon, and I really wanted to create a team around him. I do now know that rocks/spikes are not used very often at all in doubles. My Other Blastoise has Dragon Pulse instead of Rapid Spin, and has a flawless IV spread. I believe I'll be switching to him, with the same set up.

Klefki (F) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunder Wave
- Rain Dance
- Calm Mind

Not too sure about this guy having Dazzling Gleam/Calm Mind. I never have enough time to get his SpA up to deal any significant damage with him. However, he is the one who sets the weather and aids with team disruption. He does get cut off with taunt often.

Ludicolo (F) @ Big Root
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Scald
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed

One of my favorite Pokemon that I am pretty sure everyone is going to tell me to switch out. I love this set. He really holds his own and I have won numerous times just with his stall tactics in rain. I have to keep him in rain or he drops like a rock.

Crobat (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Cross Poison
- Confuse Ray
- Roost

I love this guy. He is a beast. All those pesky fairies drop so much quicker, with the exception of Klefki. I like the confusion that he gives off, however, I don't ever see them take a point of damage, and it wears off. Bad luck maybe?

Moltres @ Sky Plate
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Hurricane
- Roost
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Grass]

This one catches most of them off guard. Hurricane hits like a truck with perfect accuracy and HP Grass helps with coverage. My Moltres has 31/31/x/30/31/31(I think.) And it does have HP Grass. I got really lucky with this one. He isn't used often, but when I do, it does work out more often than not.

Reuniclus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunder
- Recover

This guy is more of a filler. I see so many more physical attackers than special. I usually only bring him out when there is a team full of them. Calm Mind up and blast away with Thunder in the rain. By the time I get three or four Calm Minds up, with help from Recover, I am usually winning the game anyways.

A tiny nit pick, Did you know that blastiose gets fake out? You should run that over Rapid spin. Also, if your using a rain team, it is strongly recommended to use Politoad due to its drizzle ability.

If you choose to go with Politoed, I take out klefki. They serve the same purpose for the team at that point.

I would go with a bulkier Politoed set too. That way it can survive some hits if it needs to.

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Calm +SpD -Def
252 HP/4 SpAtt/252 SpD
-Scald/Surf
-Focus Blast
-Haze
-Toxic

I don't like Reuniclus much personally but I guess I could see a use for him if you run into Hail/Sandstorm since he won't be taking damage with overcoat. I don't really have anything to suggest over it unless you want to keep klefki and give it leftovers instead of Damp Rock.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)