Win %
Head
to
Head

Standing means Position
Name is self-explainary
Flight, not sure
Match Record in x-x-x format, in W-L-D (Win-Lose-Draw(
What is Opponent's Win % and Opponent's Opponents' Win %?

Can anyone please enlighten me? I wish to hold a Pokémon Tourney in my local country that is similar format as VGC World Championships. :pimp:

http://www.pokemonworldchampionships.com/2010/results/vgc/#1_3_0

I am scratching my head - On the table where it shows
Standing Name Flight Match
Record
Opponents'
Win %
Opponents'
Opponents'
Win %
Head
to
Head

Standing means Position
Name is self-explainary
Flight, not sure
Match Record in x-x-x format, in W-L-D (Win-Lose-Draw(
What is Opponent's Win % and Opponent's Opponents' Win %?

Can anyone please enlighten me? I wish to hold a Pokémon Tourney in my local country that is similar format as VGC World Championships. :pimp:
You want to know about win %?
basicly, if you defeat against someone who does well in the tournament, the opponent's win% goes up.

So, if you are, say 4 wins 1 loss, and 4 other people have that same record, the person who has defeated better players will have better ranking.

If you are running a tournament, use tournament software - let the software do the math for you.

EDIT - here is the breakdown:
http://www.pokemon.com/us/assets/cm...1/Pokemon_Tournament_Operation_Procedures.pdf
3.1.5.1. Determining Tiebreakers
Tiebreakers allow a Tournament Organizer to order all of the players by how well they performed in the tournament. After players are ranked by final match record, tiebreakers are applied in the following order:
Tardiness:
Players who arrived to the tournament late are ranked below players who arrived on time.
If there is still a tie between two or more players, the next tiebreaker is applied.
Opponents’ Win Percentage:
A player’s Opponents’ Win Percentage (Op Win %) is the average of the win percentages of all of that player’s opponents. Whether an opponent completed the event or dropped before the event ended can have an affect on how their win percentage is calculated.
o If a player completed the event, then that player’s win percentage will be the number of wins divided by the total number of rounds in the tournament. However, the minimum win percentage that ANY player can have is 25%.
o For example, if a player wins 3 matches in a 5-round tournament, that player’s win percentage is 3/5, or 60%.
o If a player wins no matches in a 5-round tournament, that player’s win percentage is 25%, not 0/5 or 0%.
o If a player dropped from the event before it was completed, then that player’s win percentage is the number of wins divided by the number of rounds that player participated in, with a minimum win percentage of 25%, and a maximum win percentage of 75%.
o For example, if a player loses the first match of a 5-round tournament and then drops from the tournament, his win percentage is 0/1, or 0%. Because this is below the minimum win percentage, that player’s win percentage is increased to 25%.
o If another player wins the first match of a 5-round tournament and then drops from the tournament, his win percentage is 1/1, or 100%. Because this is higher than the maximum win percentage, that player’s win percentage is reduced to 75%.
Once a player’s opponents’ win percentages are calculated, they are averaged. This average is the player’s Op Win %. Players who are tied in the final standings are then ranked in order of Op Win %, from highest to lowest.
If there is still a tie between two or more players, the next tiebreaker is applied.
Opponents’ Opponents’ Win Percentage:
A player’s Opponents’ Opponents’ Win Percentage (Op Op Win %) is the average of the Op Win % of all of that player’s opponents.
Head to Head:
If two players are tied in the final standings and played each other during the tournament, then the winner of that match is ranked higher than the loser.
If the two players did not play each other, the next tiebreaker is applied.
Standing of Last Opponent:
If all of the other tiebreakers are equal or cannot be used, the standing of the last opponents of each tied player is used. This will guarantee that every player is always ranked in order since this tiebreaker goes through all of the previous tiebreakers for the last opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)