vgc team

Status
Not open for further replies.
well this is my first RMT I've been working on this team for a couple of weeks and want to see if any one can give me some helpful advice on it

Leads:

Terror (Terrakion) @ Life Orb Trait: Justified
EVs: 8 HP / 244 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Protect
- Quick Guard

Whimsicott (F) @ Focus Sash Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Beat Up
- Tailwind
- Safeguard
- Taunt

first turn i either use whimsicott to taunt the foe, set up tailwind if i'm slower, or use beat up on terrakion. i have terrakion use quick guard first turn if the foe has a fake out user. i have safe gaurd on whimsicott to stop those pesky spores

Virizion @ Leftovers Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- light screen

- Protect

Virizion is more of a defensive pokemon taking hits and recovering with leftovers. I can also use beat up on it to give it immense power. If the oponent has any grass or psychic pokemon I will not use Virizion and wil either sub out for Hydreigon or Tornadus depending on what it is.

Musharna (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Forewarn
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Helping Hand
- Moonlight

Musharna pairs very nicely with terrakion, it can use helping hand to boost terrakion's attack since even at +4 it doesn't 0HKO every thing

Side pokemon:

Hydreigon (M) @ Chople Berry Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Protect

hydreigon is my answer to grass and steel pokemon as well as other dragons, but it doesn't always work out so well on the dragons. I'm thinking about running draco meteor over dragon pulse for more power. I need another mon to use for when hydreigon is going to have trouble, but i can't think of anything that could work. any advise would be appreciated.

The fact that your team has 4 type weaknesses where half of your team is hit SE, but ice hits 3 of your pokemon SE. That will be a major problem.

How does trick room help counter trick room teams? They're going to be using trick room so it's rather redundent.

I would not run EQ on your pokemon has your basically killing your own Whimsicott.

I would personally run LO over Electric Orb has Electric Orb is a one time dead while the LO works for all moves, and doesn't go away after one use.

I am electing not to rate your other two pokemon has you need to decide your team.
I don't want to remodel your team so I'm leaving the decision to you.

if you use trick room while trick room is activated it reverts it back to normal. i think i'll just drop the Hydreigon and archeops.

Coolcool, I didn't factor Hydreigon or Archeops into the type weakness, as you are only allowed 4. You still have a major ice weakness and several other weaknesses.

I think you're better off running an anti-trick room pokemon has pokemon who are going to be running Amoonguss and Reuniclus. Reuniclus uses Trick Room and Amoonguss will sleep you. Even if you "revert it back to normal" he'll just set it up next turn and by then, Whimsicott will be dead. You might as well run something like Conkeldurr which will block sleep and smash all of their pokemon instead of getting swept.

No comment on any of my other suggestions?

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You still have a glarring ice and fire weakness that my team would love to abuse.
Would you please stop telling him he as a glaring Ice weakness. In VGC, almost every team has 1, often 2 or 3, Pokemon weak to Ice. That's just what the types are. However, there are very few Pokemon that use Ice-type moves. Thundurus (HP Ice), Jellicent (Ice Beam), Cryogonal (Ice Beam), Vanilluxe (Blizzard/Ice Beam/Ice Shard), and Chandelure (HP Ice). (oh Beartic) But how many of those:

1. Get STAB on Ice
2. Are used really often

Zero. Thundurus, Jellicent, and Chandelure are all commonly used but their Ice attacks aren't OHKOing either of his Pokemon. (nor do they have STAB) Also he has TWO ICE WEAKNESSES. That's not exactly glaring. Hydregion can deal with all three of those Pokemon, because they can't OHKO him with their Ice move. (barring a crit) Same thing with Fire. Terrakion and Hydregion both take care of common Fire users. (i.e. Chandelure) Honestly, it's not glaring. (wtf i just wrote 2 paragraphs on type weaknesses)

For the team, I wouldn't change anything honestly, besides maybe throwing in Imprison Chandelure for Trick Room teams.

RMT Rules said:
3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.
Your descriptions are lacking, which puts you in violation of the rule above. Please elaborate more on each team member - about 3 or 4 solid sentences per member is a good goal to reach for. Also, please post only one team at a time. The RMT archive contains some examples of well-written RMTs. If you fix your descriptions, PM me with the updates and I'll be happy to unlock your thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)