VGC12 European Warstory by Sewadle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am Luca Pause aka Sewadle, I think that the most here won't know me, out of some Germans like Yoshi aka 13Random37, drug_duck, Daflo and some others^^
Well, my English is very bad but I hope that you can understand the exitest^^"

I began playing competitive Play in November 2011, at End December I started to play the VGC12 Mode, 'cause i wanted to win a paid trip at the German VGC Qualifier. At the beginning I played a simple Good Stuff, I think it was

Garchomp, Abomasnow, Cresselia, Ludicolo, Zapdos and Scizor.
But after a time I started to test Politoed with Ludicolo and I liked the idea to play Good Stuff and Rain in combination. So I switched Politoed against Abomasnow. I switched some Moves and EVs and some Mons too.
So my Team for the Qualifier in Essen stood.

13Yoshi37
@Wacan Berry | Modest Nature | Drizzle
Hydro Pump
Hidden Power (Grass)
Ice Beam
Protect
A very nice Mon, it brings the Rain.
Hydro Pump for the damage, HP Grass for something like Gastrodon and Ice Beam for Garchomp and others. The Wacan Berry helps me for Zapdos, Rotoms and other Electric Moves.

EiKaramba!
@Life Orb | Modest Nature | Swiftswim
Scald
Giga Drain
Fake Out
Protect
Well, Hydro Pump is much better than Scald I think, but it missed at me EVER, really EVER in the deciding moments and so i played Scald (and the burn chance is nice too hehe)
Giga Drain is standard and Fake Out too. Now i have to decide between Protect and Ice Beam, Ice Beam is nice for the Recovery but I often need the Protect and I played Ice Beam on Politoed so I think I can play Protect here :D

ZappY
@Electric Gem | Modest Nature | Pressure
Thunder
Heat Wave
Tailwind
Protect
Zapdos is one of the best Mons I think, the Tailwind is one of the best Support Moves and Thunder makes with the EGem much damage. So Heat Wave if I doesn't have the Rain at the Playground or if I have to clear in a turn.

LATIOS
@Dragon Gem | Timid Nature | Levitate
Draco Meteor
Substitute
Protect
Psychic
It's one of the most played Mons and the Draco Meteor kills the most not bulky or resistent Pokemon at the Metagame, Sub for Sucker Punches and Psychic is nice too.

Kresse
@Sitrus Berry | Bold Nature | Levitate
Helping Hand
Safe Guard
Trickroom
Icy Wind
It's my counter for some Mons in the Metagame and can support very good.
Helping Hand to support, Safe Guard for Amoonguss, Breloom, Thundurus etc., Trickroom if I need it or to sit back the against Trickroom and Icy Wind to clear or raises the speed for one Stage.

Pencake
@Dark Gem | Adamant Nature | Intimidate
Close Combat
Sucker Punch
Fake Out
Detect
I needed one more Slot and Hitmontop is a very nice Mon I think, with the Gem Sucker Punch it kills Latios and Chandelure often and Close Combat and Fake Out are standard.

So I watched the Masters Tournament and hoped that Yoshi and Drug_Duck do it to Top4, but unfortunately they didn't :(
Then I went to the registration and stood near Toast_ and Massis Brother, we talked a bit and after a time we finally could play.

Round 1 vs. Melissa
I only know that there was a Zapdos with Shock Wave and a Vesprit, I just beat the against Pokemon, and won easy with 4-0 gg

Round 2 vs. Lena
This girl played a TR and Sandstorm Team, she leaded with Jellicent and Reuniclus, me with Cresselia and Zapdos, I switched the Rain in and targetted Reuniclus with Thunder, it lived with some HP and so it could bring the Trickroom. In the Next Turn I killed her Jellicent and in the middle of the game I killed Reuniclus with the switched in Cresselia, so she had Ferrothorn and her TTar, I had Zapdos, Hitmontop and Cresselia, in the foreground stood Cresselia and Hitmontop, Top stood the double target and killed TTar with Close Combat, and Cresselia turned the TR back, in the next turn I killed Ferrothorn with Close Combat and Helping Hand. 3-0 gg

Now there just stood friends and one random before Round 3, I could friendclause with Toast_ and other competitive Germans and so I had to fight against Leander, I just know the End of the Game. There was my Ludicolo and my Hitmontop against his Garchomp and Elektross, they didn't have more than the half of HP and now there was a coinflip situation, maybe he protects with garchomp and attacked Hitmontop and Ludicolo or he protects Elektross and attacked top or Ludicolo. He did the first one and I predicted that, so I sucker punched his Elektross and Scalded it. In the next turn I did the same and so I won. 2-0 vgg

Now I was in Finalist Lounge and I watched with some Masters and Seniors the Junior Final, it was very much hax in this, but all two had the paid trip so it was doesn't matter^^

Then we had to go to the next round and i got a Bye, I was very happy about this and hoped that I can really do it now!

Top16 vs. Eloy
He played Ectoplasma and Terrakion as Lead, I leaded with Politoed and Ludicolo, I predictet Protect of Terrakion and Sludge Bomb of Ludicolo, so I protected Ludicolo and wanted to attack Ectoplasma with Hydro Pump, but he played Hypnosis and... of Politoed, and it hits..
So I attacked it the next turn with Scald and it lives with 1 HP without Sash, now he sleeped me too and I was sure to lost the match, I was very sad then 'cause all the dreams of Worlds was eleminated, all the much work was for nothing, just because a missplay and my againsts much luck. After this he hits one more time with Hypnosis and in the End I just had Zapdos against Garchomp and lost of course...
0-1 anyway gg

So it was a very nice day to meet first time very nice people like Yoshi, drug_duck, Toast_ and much others.

Now after in Paris Yoshi and Gleizzo get their trips and in Essen Flame and DaFlo did it i really wanted to go to Milan to do my last chance for qualifies Worlds this year. And so I went to Milan, but before that I make little changes at my team, at a very important decide to switch Latios out for Metagross because I never picked Latios helps me Yoshi, Metagross was very good in this Team and with this moveset it could replace Latios very good!

@Life Orb
Meteor Mash
Zen-Headbutt
Ice Punch
Protect

and I played an Absorb Bulb of Ludicolo now and Surf>HP Grass at Politoed.

So at Saturday the 31st March me and my father drove with the train to Milan, at the evening we were there, so we visited the city :3
At the next day was the deciding day and at 9:30 am we were there, I saw some german friends and went to them, we talked some bit and I experienced that Massi, Misaki, Terraquaza, Feqz and Exarion was out of the tourney. But drug_duck, Carii, Billa, Michilele and Mob was in finalist lounge and I hoped that some of them make it to Top4, so I watched the finalist lounge but just Billa and Michilele did it to Top8. So Michilele won and it's nice because Billa had his paid trip already because his little sister was 2nd at the Essen Junior Qualifier.
So in the end Kasty won and there was a big break before Seniors started. I think it was 14:30 pm when I finally could play.

Round 1 vs Alberto
He played a Duodino and so stuff, I don't remember the battle but it was an easy 4-0 gg ^^

Round 2 vs Alexito
I was a bit scared because I saw that he was a Spaniard, it was a very good game, well, I safed the battle and load it up, so watch :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-fumurMito&feature=g-upl
sryyy for the bad quality :S

here is it in better quality by alexito (?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmKGckilhGc&feature=related

it was a very exciting and good game ggggggg

Round 3 vs Carlo
I played my standard setup Politoed and Ludicolo and it was an easy 3-0 oder 4-0, I can't remember^^" well, gg

Now I was in Finalist Lounge again and I had a little break, we take a photo by the german Finalists

Now the break was past and the earnest began!

Top16 vs ??? (sry they didn't gave me the Finalist Lounge card -.-)
He played a TR Team with Snorlax, Cresselia, Amoonguss, Chandelure, I used the only time in the tournament my Cresselia and it worked perfect, his Amoonguss can't did something because the Safeguard, the TR I turn back and I burned his Snorlax with Scald, in the End there was his Chandelure against my Hitmontop and Cresselia, I sucker punched it and Icy Wind because, maybe it had a Focus Sash, well I won in the next turn after my Sucker Punch missed and Icy Wind killed, 2-0 gg =)

Now the last deciding battle stood before me, just one match and I had my paid trip, I was nervous and very hyped and so its go on ^w^

Top8 vs (^)
I just can remember that his Zapdos didn't survived a +1 Scald by Ludicolo without CH, I stood 4-2 and he switched in his Ludicolo and Scrafty, I doubleprotectet, watched in the backteam and knew that I've won, I got an
unnecessary Giga Drain CH of his Ludicolo (unnecessary because, what can Ludicolo and Scrafty do against Zapdos and Hitmontop?^^").
Well, I damaged his Scarfty with Hydro Pump and in the next turn I killed his Scrafty with Scald. 4-0 gg

I did it, I really did it, it was a so magic moment when I knew that all preparation and all the time was borth. After just 6 Months competitive play I would fly to Worlds, I was so happy because all the photos of Worlds I saw was so wonderful and this year I can be at this wonderful location.

And so it goes on^^

Semifinal vs Andrea
This nice guy loaded the video up, thank you and cant wait to see you in Hawaii :3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rmGZZB8dbk&feature=related
2-0 gg

Final vs Billabro
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/21520702

thanks to Umbreon91 to stream, at Youtube I can't find the Video :s
well, after the Tournament I ate Pizza with Michilele, Massi, Carii, Billaclan, Terraquaza and my father. It was such a great day!

So special thanks goes to drug_duck, Yoshi, DaFlo, Massi, Flame, Picollo for beeing great guys and helps me for motivation, teambuilding,....
To Cybertron, BlueCookies, RubeNCB, Matteo, and many others for the great worlds photos who motivated me to win the paid trip!
To BillaClan, Carii and the others in Milan =)

Oh and before I forget, if somebody had take a video by the Semifinal on Screen or the Final, pleaseeee upload it on YouTube.
So I hope that I can see much Smogoners at Worlds =)

It seemed like the lead matchup in the final game would make you lose, but you played really well! Good job on winning, and I hope you do well at Worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)