Vicious Cobra, a warstory about toxins

Definitely an interesting read, and although I have been meaning to give Arbok a chance, your use of it gives me much respect to the serpent.

I am, however, disappointed with how you played your Gastrodon... Care to share its moveset and stats?

then stopped reading. Sorry.
I hope you did not choose to stop reading because he used Gastrodon... =(

Wow, so much hax in this match. I liked the commentary, although it was a bit lacking, the personality made up for it.

I'd like to see something like Dunsparce get Poison Fang.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Yeah I find incredible how much you complained about hax when, as LN said, you got way more and way more important hax in your side.
I guess the Arbok was cool, but 1 pokemon doesnt make a warstory really good.

And yeah, insulting your opponent every damn turn when he didnt say shit to you for you getting way more lucky was really poor.

I couldn't say how much this annoyed me to read. Your commentary was either complaint after complaint or you being arrogant about a play that any person could see coming a mile away.
Pretty much just a less than fulfilling match riddled with hax played by two inexperienced players.

Nice use of Arbok, and that opponent of yours was uncommonly lucky.

+rep for using Delibird.
-rep for cursing your top off.

Why does the warstory have to be "serious"? I thought it was a very good story featuring NU pokemon. Neither person made gross misplays, and it really highlighted a previously never used set effectively against a) what seems like a counter (aromatherapy blissey) and b) one of the most powerful offensive mons in the game (salamence). If you're so offended by a couple swear words then maybe online forums are not the place for you...
My thoughts exactly.

Perhaps "F***" would have been more easy on the eyes though.

Anyway, I found his Arbok's EVs:

Kobra (Arbok) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP/204 Def/8 Spd/44 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Poison Fang
- Stockpile
- Spite
- Rest

You know, you're supposed to comment on your moves, not swear. Things like that and the intro really showed your "seriousness" towards writing this, so that kind of got me to stop reading. Sorry, but try reading some archived warstories to see how it's really done.
But pokemon's serious business, I HAVE to swear :(

Anyways, I don't plain to make an awesome warstory that needs an award (AKA Warstory archivez), neither seem like a mature player. It's just to mantain people entertaiment... like TV!111one

What's better than swaering and being very cocky to get some mini lulz.

Btw, the arbok EVs and stuff:

Kobra (Arbok) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP/204 Def/8 Spd/44 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Poison Fang
- Stockpile
- Spite
- Rest

Btw, I'm quite surprised about how this warstory got 2 pages. It's a war between "SRS BSN" and the rest of the dudes.

@Eyepatch:
Gastrodon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 136 HP/72 Atk/164 Def/136 SDef
Quiet nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Perhaps the nature doesn't fit at all but that 92 S atk seems so sexy... :3

EDIT: Oh, the Evs of Kobra has been posted by an spy :/

all things considered you didnt really get haxed that much, you had 2 CHs in 4 turns on his mamoswine, even if they were against the sub, mamo waited 3 turns for the EQ CH. your poison fang poison rate was just ridiculous, shadow balls SpD drop rate is the same as poison fang poison. dark pulse CHd on the 6th hit. stop complaining about hax plz.

i didnt like the warstory that much, near the end it just degenerated into stall.

as much as i dislike just bog standard, you cannot face the fact that they are bog standard for a reason. your team is pretty weak to HP fire gengar (which often carry substitute) an anchor that cannot do anything to subbers, steels, poison, and resttalkers doesnt appeal much to me.

4/10

Ah, I see, thank you very much. Interesting to see a bulky Gastrodon who primarily attacks for a change. I half expected it to be a Stockpile/Toxic set, which would have been hilarious when teamed with the Arbok.

According to smogon Poison fang has 30% chances to poison while Shadow ball got 20% to low 1 stage the spc def.

I never faced a HP fire gengar but unless it runs energy ball I trust in gastrodon to stop it, or Arbok to stall it if there's no s def/crit hax.

*sigh* Since I did read (or endure or whatever) the warstory, I'll chip in.

When I read an archived warstory, I always end up rooting for the writer. I also feel like I'm reading the writer's mind, going beyond my own understanding of the situation to learn a different take on the situation. This is not to say that you should improve your grammar or w/e. However, you did (and didn't do) several things that prevented me from caring much about the warstory.

You swore and bashed the opponent almost constantly. I found myself rooting for the opponent, and knowing based on your posting tone that you'd end up the winner made it worse. Competition isn't about trash-talking; you may see in high-level competition that most top players have deep respect for each other.

The battle itself was laden with hax. I almost wondered when Poison Fang *wouldn't* poison. And yet you acted like the few crits from your opponent (a rather average frequency of crits) made up for all that, and then some. Really? The decisions themselves were also rather poor and horribly luck-dependent.

The wrong things were exaggerated - not that there was much else to exaggerate. Double switching is a fact of life; you aren't amazing for one turn of good prediction, nor is the opponent "lucky" for making good predictions.

I probably meant to say more, but those are my 2 cents.

Poison Fang has a 50% chance of poison, actually, and Shadow Ball only has a 10% chance of a SpD drop. So complaining about his bad luck isn't that unfair, if a little bit extreme.

On the swearing: I dont think anyhow finds it offensive per se. However, what it does indicate is a) a lack of imagination in your writing and b) somewhat corollary, a lack of articulateness. Frankly, it detracts from your writing. I'm not nearly close to being able to judge the merits of the actual team, how you battled, etc. But I can tell you from a writing standpoint it was sub-par. When I read archived war stories I find them compelling even when I dont know exactly what is going on every round. Your's didnt do that. I think you have some potential and I do appreciate the time it took to write all that up. So its not all bad news and Im not totally slamming you. But for many of us, the use of profanity is distracting at best.

If missingno. master has taught us anything, it's that Arbok deserves to be OU. It is a good Scizor counter (intimdate and a Firefang OKAO.), and now there is a stockpile set. ARBOK FOR OU!
Thank you, thank you very much.

Great warstory. The swearing actually didn't bother me too much. And the fact that you used Arbok to great effect, of course, makes this automatic win. I tell you, I'm going to raise an Arbok like yours. Actually, my shiny Arbok has Shed Skin, I'll have to check the nature.... Please have a Careful nature....

...Oh, wait, Poison Fang's an egg move.

a) a lack of imagination in your writing and b) somewhat corollary, a lack of articulateness.
The A It's true but the B:

http://winrar.ytmnd.com/

My main lenguage isn't english and I never studied English before, in other words, my english sucks. Perhaps not that much like COUGHbraziliansCOUGH

Ok no, but I lack of english SKILLZ you know.

Talking about SKILLZ, it's funny to see how some people (I think it was 1 in fact) thought I was serious with that prediction. It was Ok but wasn't the best prediction in the history, of course.

This warstory was very good. Your english is not quite there yet, but you had no problems conveying your thoughts. More important is the way you battle, using components with very specific purposes even though they are not necessarily OU or even "good." Finding the right guy for your needs is something you had no trouble with, and the Delibird tech, while not displayed here, seems like it has much thought put into it as well.

I don't normally comment on warstories, this one really impressed me. Good job, if more people battled like you we would have the richest metagame we've seen in a long time.

The A It's true but the B:

http://winrar.ytmnd.com/

My main lenguage isn't english and I never studied English before, in other words, my english sucks. Perhaps not that much like COUGHbraziliansCOUGH

Ok no, but I lack of english SKILLZ you know.

Talking about SKILLZ, it's funny to see how some people (I think it was 1 in fact) thought I was serious with that prediction. It was Ok but wasn't the best prediction in the history, of course.
You never studied English before? Then I have to say your english is really damn good for someone who never studied it before. BTW I love Spanish

Still though, try not to swear so much. Or at least replace some of the "fucks" with "shit". Heh. That'll help.

My theory is that a good number of uncommon pokemon are usable with the right teammates.
It's the smaller percentage, that you can run with almost any five, that are OU.

So, I really liked the fact that your team used some pokemon that are off the beaten path.
Obviously, when you're using less 'cooked' pokemon team synergy, battle decisions and even a little luck are more important but it's even sweeter when you win.

Delibird seemed pretty useless but Arbok with Rest/Shed Skin was clearly MVP.
It was an entertaining read and I had no problem understanding your thoughts.

The swearing will always be controversial.
Though many of us think bad words when we suffer 'hax', writing them is worth thinking twice about on account of the audience.
On the other hand, the colourful terms really seemed real here and put me right in your head.

There's nothing you can do now, (BAN ME PLEASE).
Your not supposed to mock your opponent.

Oh well, it was an ok warstory. I found the comments, however, to be crude and dry. I would give this a six out of ten.

wow all iv seen from this read was "fuck" every turn /: like everyone said you should not mock your opponent but it can be fixed since it is a decent warstory however.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)