Vicious Seas

NEWS SAY IT IS A
STORMY WEATHER
WITH HURRICANES

Hi smogon this is my (technacelly) first RMT ( my first one was illeagle). It is a rain team that i have had some awesome succes with. I have peaked at #56 on the po ladder, it can tear up opponents on sight, some really ferocious hurricane and thunder spamming.....
Team building:

it is pretty obvious here, the thing any rain team needs...

it is what this team was built around, i thought about how powerful tornadus was in bw1 when given chance, ad decided to try the improved form, it is really powerful.

another pokemon i really like, it is actually really powerful. after tornadus, i felt like my team has a problem with stealth rock and blissey as well as not having enough special offense, so he filled every role i appointed him, he rarely dissapoints me.

the final member of the thunder/hurricane/hydro pump trio in my team, i thought of the growing electric weakness i have, and thought of jolteon, but it did not have enought power, electivire, are you kidden me?!, he came to my mind and it realy suits me with its ok bulk so it can come in more often than jolteon.

i thought of its scarf set that was getting popular, great coverage, and temporary choice band/specs upon a switch, he was ok but then.....

i replaced genesect with him as my team was getting too specially inclined, and a fire weakness is bad against sun, (i know toxicroak has a "weakness" to fire due to dry skin, but he could hande many things and sweep outside of rain). i was under estimating this guy, god how i fell in love with it, it is a life saver, i should never judge frogs by appearance any more.

he was greate to an extent, but looks like the original dragon can't pull its weight any more, i had it with surf/thunder/hurricane/ draco meteor, but its speciall attack is much inferior to tornadus's to abuse it, even with specs, its speed is a big problem......

salamence has stolen the lime light from dragonite the second it apeared, and in bw, scarf moxie mence was discovered, and in bw2, it was further gifted with the return of outrage with the moxie abiltiy, it is just a beast.
A closer look:

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Protect
- Scald
- Perish Song
this is my favorite politoed set, it wrecks baton pass teams,(that lack mr.mime), deals good damage with scald, toxic opponents, and die slowly.
problems: low special defence, has problem with mr.mime bp teams since it has sound proof, which renders perish song useless, has little offensive presnce compared to ttar, and reliance on scald burn is not good.

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Signal Beam
a verry underrated pokemon, the second jolteon, only a bit slower, thunder is insanely powerful with specs, volt switc gives me switch intiative, as well as finishing wek foes, and still keeping the momentum, hp ice is rarely ever utilised, but comes in handy against dnite. he is also good agains rotom wash, it does not care for will o wisp, restores health against volt switch, can take a hydro pump, and the tricked choice scarf comes in handy.
problems:loses the speed tie with starmei, due to hp ice, which could mean taking a hydro pump, bulky zapdos, although rare, takes little damage from hp ice, and the few people that have it with lightningrod wall me completely.dugtrio seems to be a problem as it outspeeds and kills with band earthquake, it is even worse when i am locked into an electric move.

Tornadus-T (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- U-turn
the chicken of legends and the purpose of this team, it is an idea i had in my mind ages ago, and boy it wrecks so much havoc. specs + stabhurricane=2hko almost anything, also the confuse from hurricane is awesome when it kicks in, specially against focus sash alakazam, u-turn is or scouting as well as getting an extremely weakened non bulky ttar down if focus miss can't be risked, or if rain is not up and celebi is an issue, focus miss is for steels, mainly heatran, and rocks not called scarf terrakion. hp electric is verry wierd here, but ir really comes in handy against a predicted skarmory switch in with sturdy broken, or against a gyrados that sets up a dragon dance fearing from me a hurricane at best, only to find an hp electric to the face.
problems: scizor, specifically, choice band, since i run a hasty nature for u-turn, bullet punch easily takes me down, also mamoswine can do that with ice shard.

Toxicroak (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Drain Punch
- Substitute
- Sucker Punch
- Bulk Up
a guy i underestimated for a long time, i never knew it can be a bulky set up sweeper, i actually didn't ry him until i got wreckes by one my self, the set works simply, bulk up/ sub upon a forced switch, you choose depending on what counters your opponent has for croaky, after a few bulk ups, it becomes insanely powerful, and hard to take down with physical attacks, and having a sub up, opponents would have to break it down or get whitled down with drain punch even if it does not do much, it is just too great.
problems: few things really anoy this guy, jellicent for example tend to carry only scald as an attacking move, which i am immune to, and it is immune to drain punch, and sucker punch can not be used if it does not attack, so i get stalled out eventually, gliscor and skarmory are also verry anoying. relying on the bisharp strategy is bad, bulk up and then complete relience on sucker punch can hurt me in the end, but usually with my sub, opponents are forced to attack so sucker punch is eligible. tornadus-t is a big threat to it, even at +2, sucker punch can not ohko a tornadus-t, while it ko's me back with hurricane.

Keldeo-R @ Choice Specs
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Grass]
insane, is the only word capable of describing its power, this thng is able to 2hko blissey with hydro pump!, it ko's lateos from 60%, icy wind is for dnite and salamence, it also insures keldeo is not going t get hit before 2hkoing the opponent with it, secret sword is awesome stab, and great against blissey/chansey, and is generally beter than focus miss since the accuracey drop is fatal and the over kill is not needed, hp grass kills swampert, and destroys jellicent, and murders rotom-w

Salamence (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Brick Break
- Earthquake
What disaster is this thing, this thing is insanely powerful, it was good in bw1, but having outrage with moxie was a dream, looks like this thing gets its dreams instantly, it was dreaming to fly and it did, it was dreaming to get outrage with moxie and it did, and when it wishes its team mates to recover hp they do. But when opponents wish this thing never existed, it rampages with outrage. Dragon claw is to avoid getting locked with opposing steels, otherwise outrage is the go to move. Eq is for grounded steels and heatran, and brick break is for ballon heatran.
Problems: non-grounded steels, skamory and bronzing are examples, balloon heatran can take a non boosted brick break and reply with dragon pulse.

Threat list:

Gyarados: 1 dd=gg
Thunderus-t: t-bolt/thunder wreck me, and the agility/scarf set is uncounterable
t-wave: my team relies heavily on speed
tornadus-t: I have to taste my own medicine some time, hurricane kills keldeo/croak
stall teams: can get my team paralysed easily, usually have jellicent, so croak- the only thing that does not mind t-wave, is walled
batton pass teams: I have perish song, but mr.mime has soundproof
good things about
the team
· Not completely relient on rain (to an extent)
· Mini-voltturn strategy
· Very fast
· Not weak to hazards (nadus recovers more than stealth rock damage, immune to sikes and t-spikes like mence, croak removes t-spikes, raikou recovers stealth rock damage on predicted electric move, and the rest don’t mind hazards)
· Can easily take other weather sweepers as rain is not completely necessary to the team
· Heavy offensive preassure
· My wall-politoed, packs some punch with scald and rain

Bad things about
The team
· Lacks hazards support
· Politoed can disrupt offensive momentum if switched in for any reason
· Some coverage moves have weak base power e.g signal beam/icy wind
· the reason to the success of the team is abusing high base power moves that have bad accuracy usually but are perfectly accurate in rain, which means that outside of rain it might a bit hard to pull the full weight of the team
· keldeo- a maine sweeper on the team, has to rely on hydro pump’s low accuracy and pp
· croak relies completely on sucker punch to take out some threats

Notes
Any criticism is accepted, any changes to pokemon excluding keldeo/tornadus-t is accepted, changes regarding the sets of the aforementioned pokemon are accepted though.
Sorry for my bad spelling

Hey I see that you run HP Electric on Tornadus-T...
Well it may be that you are watching out for those waters who try to troll your tornadus on switch in.
But I would highly recommend you change it to HP Ice and switch Raikou to Hp Ground to cover the Electrics and fires that may give it trouble.

Although it's your own opinion, but I love rain teams and that's what I would do. :p
Hope I helped!!! :D

well, your comment was defenitley helpful, but i tried hp ice before, and didn't really came in handy except against dragonite, but i might comsider hpground on raikou though...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)