Victini is Here!! Fifth Generation Over-Used Baton Pass Pokemon Team.

Changes to Nidoking and Latois (He's gone) are here!!

Hello fellow Pokemon Trainers! I recently just started playing on the PO Smogon server and it has done wonders for my team building skills and my battling chops. I've been working with this team for a few days now and am pretty happy with the success, but let' start from the beginning...

IT WAS A COLD FEBRUARY DAY...

Knowing that I wanted to make a working BatonPass team I started off with the obvious fifth gen pick. Master Koga's favorite sleep inducing Mon; VENOMOTH!

Since Mothy boosts special stats and speed I needed somebody to abuse this boost so I decided to ask the public chat on PO. And after playtesting a few lackluster suggestions I tried out the Sheer Force of the first gen behemoth NIDOKING! And well he's staying for good.

Next I wanted more passers, Mons who could add their own flair to the team. Ninjask was an early draft but after laytesting a few matches with Smeargle in his placeI realized how much of a boon Shell Smash + Ingrain + Spore are to the team.

I needed a way to prevent entry hazards and also a backup incase someing happened to Nidoking. Espeon came along and proved to be amazingly competent at backing up Nidoking and also at preventing the afformentioned hazards.

I needed a Mon to be beastly without the passing in case my chain is broken but also who could abuse the passes. Along came Latios. We all know he's ridiculously powerful so won't say much other than that.

Last and certanly not least ater playing with Mew, Meinshao and others i arrived at the odd man out, Volbeat. His Ability + Thunderwave is great and tail glow only requires 2 turns for a full boost. He hasn't let me down yet!

Alright now I'll move on to individual descriptions. =]

Koga (Venomoth) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- BatonPass
- Bug Buzz
Description: Fifth gens answer to baton passing teams was Shell Smash and Quiver Dance. I wield both on this team. Mothy puts enemies to sleep then proceeds to boost and passes the boost along to the next mon. Sometimes he even attack and can even sweep teams if checks are taken care of already.

Item: Leftovers provides healing each turn.

EVs & Nature: The EVs allow him to tank a few hits while giving him the speed to pass boosts quickly. Nature boosts speed further to aid in passing.

Drago (Nidoking) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
Description: Drago is my first and main pass receiver. Great coverage paired with AMAZING power just ruins opposing teams. After a pass from smeargle or even better, volbeat, Drago is virtually unstoppable. With Earth Power and Sludge Wave for STAB and a nice Boltbeam combo to back it up he has just superb caverage. =]

Item: Life Orb adds even more power.

EVs & Nature: The EVs are spread for standard Special sweeping and the nature provides a little kick to speed. =]

Alfonz (Smeargle) (M) @ White Herb
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- BatonPass
- Shell Smash
- Ingrain
- Spore
Description: I usually lead with Alfonz. I always Spore first and then Ingrain if team preview reveals a phazer. NextSmashPass to Espy or Nido or over to Volbeat for more boosting.

Item: White Herb is obvious but i've considered Focus Shash instead because I usually get at least two smashes in before passing and it only stops the negetive effects of smashing once.

EVs & Nature: HP EVs are for longevity (if Smeargle can even have that) and speed EVs so i an hopefully spore before my opponent can attack. Nature just increases his speed that much more.

Tama (Espeon) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Stored Power
- BatonPass
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Calm Mind
Description: Tama is a great ally to the team. Preventing hazards is key and after even a short pass she can rip apart teams with stored power and even add to the chain with Calm Mind. HP Fighting is for coverage and comes in handy against opposing TTar.

EVs & Nature: EVs provide decent bulk and the speed is nice when she needs to pass some CM boosts.

Pixie (Victini) (M) @ Muscle Band
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- V-Create
- Fusion Bolt
- Brick Break
- Zen Headbutt
Description: This little dude recently replaced latios so that i hve some physical presence on the field. after one smash pass, V-Create just destroys everything. The other moves are for coverage.

Item: Muscle Band gives me a nice boost and allows me to fake a choice band which is essential to success.

EVs & Nature: Standard Victini spread and nature.

Ionia (Volbeat) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- BatonPass
- Tail Glow
- Encore
- Thunder Wave
Description: AHA! Here we are. The last mon. Ionia (10 points to the person who gets the reference) is my four and final passer. Tail glow takes two turn to get +6 in S.ATK and thunderwave help insure he gets these boosts. Encore is great when opponents switch in mons to set up on Ionia.

EVs & Nature: EVs and Nature are again here to provide bulk and speed for successful passes.

PAST MEMBERS!

Scatha (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Recover
Description: Honestly the odd duck of the team. He helps when the chain is broken but other than that he just sits there. Pretty boring to play with too. Any help here would be hot.

Item: Life Orb adds even more power.

EVs & Nature: Standard Latios spread and nature.

I find these team consistent, I'm not really good at Baton pass so I can rate it in full, just a nitpick. Sludge bomb on Nidoking is not that great since Poison is a terrible attacking type, you can change it to flamethrower that will help to land some important super effective hits and get a better coverage overall. Good luck.

Hello, funny team.
But I see a problem : you really lack defence. A dragon dancer (with fire punch to threaten Volbeat trying to switch in, or taunt if it is Haxorus or Gyarados) can kill everything after just one boost.
I could see two ways to fix it : as Latios is not your favourite receiver (otherwise he would have dragon pulse over draco meteor), why wouldn't you give him a scarf, to have a nice revenge killer ?
I also think Venomoth would appreciate a focus sash, to deal with the accuracy of sleep powder, quicker sweeper, lum berry... It is also really could to "revenge sleep" a threat without lum berry and start a new chain.

your team is very physically weak. Since you have 2 psychic types take out either espeon or latios (i recommend espeon) and put in a SD Lucario.

blunder

the bobby fischer of pokemon
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 25 Championis a defending SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Scizor can Come in Bullet Punch 3 of your 4 Baton Passers to Death

Nvm, I guess you changed your Latios

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)