UU Virizion

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
QC: dodmen / King UU / IronBullet93
GP: GatoDelFuego / The Dutch Plumberjack

Overview
########

In a tier where the main defensive typing is Water, Grass-type sweepers are highly sought after, as they are able to use Water-types as setup fodder. Virizion is one of the best of these, as it sports an excellent 108 base Speed as well as base 90 offenses. Virizion isn't frail either, as it sports a decent 91 / 72 / 108 bulk. Furthermore, Virizion has access to a plethora of support moves such as Light Screen and Taunt. Lastly, Virizion can complement its offenses with two great boosting moves in Swords Dance and Calm Mind.

Swords Dance
########
name: Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Leaf Blade
move 3: Close Combat
move 4: Stone Edge / Zen Headbutt
ability: Justified
item: Lum Berry
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
nature: Jolly

Moves
========

Virizion doesn't hit hard initially, making Swords Dance a good way to boost Virizion's Attack stat by two stages. Leaf Blade is a good STAB attack that also has a high critical hit ratio. Close Combat is another good STAB attack that has a high Base Power of 120, although it lowers Virizion's defenses, making Virizion more prone to being revenge killed. Stone Edge is a good coverage move that allows Virizion to hit Flying-types and Chandelure, which wall Virizion otherwise, for super effective damage. Zen Headbutt allows Virizion to hit Poison-types, which resist Virizion's STAB types, for super effective damage.

Set Details
========

A Lum Berry is chosen as Virizion's held item, as it allows Virizion to have a one-time immunity to status. A Life Orb can be used over this to give Virizion more immediate attacking power, but this makes it harder for Virizion to switch into bulky Water-types. 252 EVs are put into Attack and Speed to maximize Virizion's sweeping potential. A Jolly nature is used in order to Speed tie with other positive-natured base 108 Speed Pokemon, namely Cobalion and Infernape.

Usage Tips
========

Virizion should be sent in mid- or late-game to have the easiest time sweeping. Virizion should also take advantage of its typing by using bulky Water-types as setup fodder. Flying-types tend to switch into Virizion, so attempt to take advantage of that by either switching to the appropriate Pokemon or using Stone Edge on a predicted switch.

Team Options
========

Wallbreakers make for excellent partners, as they allow Virizion to sweep with ease, so consider using Choice Specs Hydreigon or Choice Band Heracross alongside it. Virizion appreciates entry hazard support, making entry hazard setters such as Forretress and Nidoqueen good teammates. Cleaners, such as Speed Boost Yanmega and Mega Sharpedo, make for good teammates as well, as they can capitalize on Virizion's ability to weaken a team during a sweep. Lastly, Rock-types, such as Mega Aerodactyl and Tyrantrum, make for good teammates, as they take care of Ice-, Flying-, and Fire-types that stop Virizion from sweeping.

Calm Mind
########
name: Calm Mind
move 1: Calm Mind
move 2: Giga Drain
move 3: Focus Blast
move 4: Hidden Power Rock / Synthesis / Substitute
item: Leftovers
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
nature: Timid

Moves
========

Calm Mind boosts Virizion's Special Attack and Special Defense by one stage, making Virizion a good special sweeper. Giga Drain allows Virizion to regain health while attempting a sweep. Focus Blast is a secondary STAB attack that hits hard. Hidden Power Rock gives Virizion super effective coverage against Flying-types and Chandelure, which wall this set otherwise. Synthesis gives Virizion reliable recovery, which can be crucial when attempting to sweep. Substitute on the other hand allows Virizion to set up more easily against bulky Water-types that don't have Ice Beam.

Set Details
========

Max Speed and Special Attack EVs are used to augment Virizion's sweeping potential. Leftovers is the chosen item, as it gives Virizion a form of passive recovery. A Timid nature is chosen in order to make full use of Virizion's good Speed tier.

Usage Tips
========

Virizion should always attempt to use bulky Water-types as setup fodder. Virizion can also set up against Choice-locked special attackers that cannot KO it, such as Choice Scarf Heliolisk and Choice Scarf Hydreigon. A sweep should only be attempted during mid- or late-game, as Virizion's checks and counters would still be healthy beforehand.

Team Options
========

Clerics, such as Blissey and Florges, make for good teammates to Virizion, as they can remove any status inflicted upon Virizion. Wallbreakers, such as Choice Specs Kyurem and Choice Band Entei, make for good partners, as they remove or weaken walls that threaten to stop Virizion from sweeping. Rock-types, such as Rhyperior and Mega Aerodactyl, also make for good Virizion teammates, as they can deal with Fire-, Ice-, and Flying-types that threaten Virizion.

Other Options
########

Virizion gets access to Light Screen and Reflect, making a support set with both of those along with Taunt a possibility; however, such a set is outclassed by Espeon and Azelf. Sacred Sword could be used over Close Combat on the Swords Dance set should the Defense and Special Defense drops seem detrimental, but it is generally not worth it. A Life Orb can also be utilized by Virizion to give it more immediate power before setting up.

Checks & Counters
########

**Flying-types**: Flying-types, such as Crobat and Mega Aerodactyl, easily take Virizion's STAB attacks and can OHKO with their STAB attacks, although they have to be wary of Stone Edge.

**Poison-types**: Poison-types resist both of Virizion's STAB attacks and can retaliate with their own super effective STAB attacks; Mega Beedrill and Toxicroak are examples of this.

**Psychic-types**: Psychic-types, such as Reuniclus and Cresselia, can take any boosted hit by Virizion and proceed to KO Virizion with a STAB attack.

**Revenge Killers**: Choice Scarf users and naturally faster Pokemon, such as Mienshao and Alakazam respectively, can easily revenge kill Virizion after getting a free switch into it. Whimsicott gets a special mention for being able to resist both of Virizion's STAB attacks and either lock it into a support move with Encore or KO it with a STAB Moonblast.

**Fire-types**: Fire-types, such as Entei, defensive Arcanine, and Chandelure, can easily take an unboosted STAB attack from Virizion and OHKO in return, although they have to be wary of Stone Edge.

Last edited:
Slash Zen Headbutt after Stone Edge on SD, allowing it to get super effective hits on Poison types like Nidoqueen and Roserade. However, mention that Stone Edge also does more damage to Fire-types, especially Chandelure which would otherwise wall it.

For SD mention Life Orb as a possibility in Set Details, but then obviously it can't switch into/set up on bulky Waters as easily.

Slash Substitute in the lastmoveslot of CM, which is nice to set up on mono attacking Scald users without fearing a burn.

Checks and Counters: For Psychic-types, put Reuniclus instead of Alakazam, and make a fourth section for revenge killers, where you can put Alakazam, Scarfers, and other faster mons. Whimsicott should also get a mention as it can generally take any hit and outspeed or lock it into setup with Encore.

Kreme

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Slash Zen Headbutt after Stone Edge on SD, allowing it to get super effective hits on Poison types like Nidoqueen and Roserade. However, mention that Stone Edge also does more damage to Fire-types, especially Chandelure which would otherwise wall it.

For SD mention Life Orb as a possibility in Set Details, but then obviously it can't switch into/set up on bulky Waters as easily.

Slash Substitute in the lastmoveslot of CM, which is nice to set up on mono attacking Scald users without fearing a burn.

Checks and Counters: For Psychic-types, put Reuniclus instead of Alakazam, and make a fourth section for revenge killers, where you can put Alakazam, Scarfers, and other faster mons. Whimsicott should also get a mention as it can generally take any hit and outspeed or lock it into setup with Encore.
OK I believe all of these are implemented.

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
LO set mention in OO. In the beginning, you make it sound as if it resisting edgequake is important, when it isn't anymore, I'd reword that or just take it out completely. You also need to mention Fire-types in checks/counters, specifically stuff like Arcanine, Chandelure, Entei, and Darmanitan, just be wary of Stone Edge. Also, in Flying-type checks, you mention Noivern, but Mega-Aero is the far more dangerous threat, and is far more common as well; mention it.

after you've made these changes, 2/3

Kreme

LO set mention in OO. In the beginning, you make it sound as if it resisting edgequake is important, when it isn't anymore, I'd reword that or just take it out completely. You also need to mention Fire-types in checks/counters, specifically stuff like Arcanine, Chandelure, Entei, and Darmanitan, just be wary of Stone Edge. Also, in Flying-type checks, you mention Noivern, but Mega-Aero is the far more dangerous threat, and is far more common as well; mention it.

after you've made these changes, 2/3
I've implemented all these except the LO set mention in OO since I'm unsure if you mean a LO 4 Attacks set, LO CM, or LO SD (which dodmen told me to just have LO mentioned in Set Details of the SD set)

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
either is fine, just mention LO as an option. Also include defensive Arcanine in checks and counters. 2/3

tehy

Banned deucer.
get chekt

Kreme

firstly i always appreciate a bump when gp ready, i'm sure i'm not the only one

Are Light Screen and Taunt really worth mentioning in the overview? Their only other mention is in OO, and the mention states the set is outclassed, too. If you want some more meat in the overview, you should really just write...idk, something relevant. Alternately, you could talk about each set individually for a bit. Also included Synthesis and Reflect in there since talking about its entire support movepool is still shorter than what you wrote, might as well include more info for the same cost

In OO, you talk about a Life Orb; do you mean on the Calm Mind set? Swords Dance already has it in set details.

Finally, i really feel checks and counters could be stronger...most of it's very vague, just 'o they resist stabs and SE STAB back, here's a few popular examples' yeah, i could've done that on my own, but what would be really nice is a more comprehensive breakdown
Edit: just took a gander at ironbullet's cobalion analysis and that's what i'm talkin bout baby!! heh but really, it is. rather than have to run calcs myself, ask myself what kind of situations i'd get in, the legwork is just done up front, which is exactly what I want in a checks and counters section./edit

this was a lot of fluff-cut, enjoy
Overview
########

In a tier where the main defensive typing is the Water-type,(rc) Grass-type sweepers are highly sought after as they are able to use them as setup fodder. Virizion is one of the best of these Virizion has the sought-after ability to set up on the myriad defensive Water-types in UnderUsed,(ac) and is a great sweeper,(ac) as it sports an excellent 108 base Speed as well as base 90 offenses. Virizion isn't frail either as it sports a and decent 91 / 72 / 108 bulk. Furthermore, Virizion gains has access to Synthesis,(ac) a plethora of support moves ranging from Light Screen,(ac) Reflect,(ac) and to Taunt. Lastly, Virizion can complement its offenses with two great boosting moves in Swords Dance and Calm Mind.

Swords Dance
########

Moves
========

Virizion doesn't hit hard initially, making so Swords Dance's two-stage boost is helpful a good move as it boosts Virizion's Attack stat by two stages. Leaf Blade is a and good STAB attack that also has a high critical hit ratio. Close Combat is another are good STAB attacks that has a base power of 120, although it lowers Virizion's Close Combat's defense drops make,(rc) making Virizion more prone to being revenge killed killing. Stone Edge is a good coverage move as it allows Virizion to hit Flying-types and Chandelure, which wall Virizion's STABs otherwise, for super effectively effective damage. Zen Headbutt allows Virizion to hit Poison-types, which resist Virizion's dual STABs, for super effective damage,(rc) making it another good coverage move.

Set Details
========

A Lum Berry is chosen as Virizion's held item as it allows Virizion to have a one-time immunity to status. A Life Orb can be used over this to give Virizion for more immediate attacking power,(ac) but this makes it harder for Virizion to switch into bulky Water-types. 252 EVs are put into Attack and Speed to maximize Virizion's sweeping potential. A Jolly nature is used in order to Speed tie with other positive natured base 108s; namely Cobalion and,(ac) Infernape,(ac) and other Virizion.

Usage Tips
========

Virizion should be sent in during the mid- or late-game to have the easiest time sweeping. Virizion should also take advantage of its typing and use bulky Water-types as setup fodder. Flying-types tend to switch into Virizion,(ac) so attempt to take advantage of that by either switching into the appropriate Pokemon or using Stone Edge on a predicted switch.

Team Options
========

Wallbreakers make for excellent partners, as they allow Virizion to sweep with ease, so consider using Choice Specs Hydreigon or Choice Band Heracross alongside it. Virizion appreciates entry hazard support, making entry hazard setters such as Forretress and Nidoqueen good teammates. Cleaners, such as Speed Boost Yanmega and Mega Sharpedo, make for good teammates, as they can capitalize on Virizion's ability to weaken a team during a sweep. Rock-types, such as Mega Aerodactyl and Tyrantrum, make for good teammates, as they take care of Ice-, Flying-, and Fire-types that stop Virizion from sweeping.

Calm Mind
########

Moves
========

Calm Mind boosts makes Virizion's Special Attack and Special Defense by one stage, making it a good special sweeper. Giga Drain is a STAB that allows Virizion to regain health while attempting a sweep,(rc) and it also gets a STAB boost. Focus Blast is used for a secondary STAB attack that hits hard. Hidden Power Rock gives Virizion super effective coverage against Flying-types and Chandelure, which wall this set otherwise. Synthesis gives Virizion reliable recovery, which can be crucial when attempting to sweep. Substitute, on the other hand, allows Virizion to set up more easily easier against bulky Water-types that don't have Ice Beam.

Set Details
========

The Speed and Special Attack EVs are maximized to augment Virizion's sweeping potential. Leftovers is the chosen item as it gives Virizion a form of passive recovery. A Timid nature is chosen in order to make makes full use of Virizion's good Speed tier.

Usage Tips
========

Virizion should always attempt to use bulky Water-types as setup fodder.;(period to semicolon) Virizion can also set up against Choice-locked special attackers that cannot KO it, such as Choice Scarf Heliolisk and Choice Scarf Hydreigon. A sweep should only be attempted during mid- or late-game, as Virizion's checks and counters would still be healthy beforehand.

Team Options
========

Clerics, such as Blissey and Florges, make for good Virizion teammates to Virizion,(ac) as they can remove any status inflicted upon Virizion. Wallbreakers, such as Choice Specs Kyurem and Choice Band Entei, make for good partners, as they remove or weaken walls that threaten to stop Virizion from sweeping. Rock-types, such as Rhyperior and Mega Aerodactyl, also make for good Virizion teammates to Virizion,(ac) as they can deal with Fire-, Ice-, and Flying-types that threaten Virizion.

Other Options
########

Virizion gets access to Light Screen and Reflect, making a support set with both of those along with Taunt a possibility,(ac) but though Virizion is outclassed in that this regard by Espeon and Azelf. Sacred Sword could be used over Close Combat on the Swords Dance set should the Defense and Special Defense drops seem important but it is generally not worth it. A Life Orb can also be utilized by Virizion to give it more immediate power before setting up.

Checks & Counters
########

**Flying-types**: Flying-types, such as Crobat and Mega Aerodactyl, easily take Virizion's STABs STAB attacks and can OHKO back with theirs their STAB attacks, although they have to be wary of Stone Edge.

**Poison-types**: Poison-types resist both of Virizion's STABs STAB attacks and can retaliate with their own super effective STAB attacks; Mega Beedrill and Toxicroak are examples of this.

**Psychic-types**: Psychic-types, such as Reuniclus and Cresselia, can take any boosted hit by from Virizion and proceed to KO Virizion with a STAB attack.

**Revenge Killers**: Choice Scarf users and naturally faster Pokemon, such as Mienshao and Alakazam respectively, can easily revenge kill Virizion after getting a free switch into it. Whimsicott gets a special mention for being able to resisting both of Virizion's STABs STAB attacks and either locking it into a support move with Encore or KOing it with a STAB Moonblast.

**Fire-types**: Fire-types, such as Entei, Defensive Arcanine,(rc) and Chandelure Chandelure,(ac) and defensive Arcanine can easily take an unboosted STAB attack from Virizion and OHKO in return, although they have to be wary of Stone Edge.

Kreme

get chekt

Kreme

firstly i always appreciate a bump when gp ready, i'm sure i'm not the only one

Are Light Screen and Taunt really worth mentioning in the overview? Their only other mention is in OO, and the mention states the set is outclassed, too. If you want some more meat in the overview, you should really just write...idk, something relevant. Alternately, you could talk about each set individually for a bit. Also included Synthesis and Reflect in there since talking about its entire support movepool is still shorter than what you wrote, might as well include more info for the same cost

In OO, you talk about a Life Orb; do you mean on the Calm Mind set? Swords Dance already has it in set details.

Finally, i really feel checks and counters could be stronger...most of it's very vague, just 'o they resist stabs and SE STAB back, here's a few popular examples' yeah, i could've done that on my own, but what would be really nice is a more comprehensive breakdown
Edit: just took a gander at ironbullet's cobalion analysis and that's what i'm talkin bout baby!! heh but really, it is. rather than have to run calcs myself, ask myself what kind of situations i'd get in, the legwork is just done up front, which is exactly what I want in a checks and counters section./edit

this was a lot of fluff-cut, enjoy
Overview
########

In a tier where the main defensive typing is the Water-type,(rc) Grass-type sweepers are highly sought after as they are able to use them as setup fodder. Virizion is one of the best of these Virizion has the sought-after ability to set up on the myriad defensive Water-types in UnderUsed,(ac) and is a great sweeper,(ac) as it sports an excellent 108 base Speed as well as base 90 offenses. Virizion isn't frail either as it sports a and decent 91 / 72 / 108 bulk. Furthermore, Virizion gains has access to Synthesis,(ac) a plethora of support moves ranging from Light Screen,(ac) Reflect,(ac) and to Taunt. Lastly, Virizion can complement its offenses with two great boosting moves in Swords Dance and Calm Mind.

Swords Dance
########

Moves
========

Virizion doesn't hit hard initially, making so Swords Dance's two-stage boost is helpful a good move as it boosts Virizion's Attack stat by two stages. Leaf Blade is a and good STAB attack that also has a high critical hit ratio. Close Combat is another are good STAB attacks that has a base power of 120, although it lowers Virizion's Close Combat's defense drops make,(rc) making Virizion more prone to being revenge killed killing. Stone Edge is a good coverage move as it allows Virizion to hit Flying-types and Chandelure, which wall Virizion's STABs otherwise, for super effectively effective damage. Zen Headbutt allows Virizion to hit Poison-types, which resist Virizion's dual STABs, for super effective damage,(rc) making it another good coverage move.

Set Details
========

A Lum Berry is chosen as Virizion's held item as it allows Virizion to have a one-time immunity to status. A Life Orb can be used over this to give Virizion for more immediate attacking power,(ac) but this makes it harder for Virizion to switch into bulky Water-types. 252 EVs are put into Attack and Speed to maximize Virizion's sweeping potential. A Jolly nature is used in order to Speed tie with other positive natured base 108s; namely Cobalion and,(ac) Infernape,(ac) and other Virizion.

Usage Tips
========

Virizion should be sent in during the mid- or late-game to have the easiest time sweeping. Virizion should also take advantage of its typing and use bulky Water-types as setup fodder. Flying-types tend to switch into Virizion,(ac) so attempt to take advantage of that by either switching into the appropriate Pokemon or using Stone Edge on a predicted switch.

Team Options
========

Wallbreakers make for excellent partners, as they allow Virizion to sweep with ease, so consider using Choice Specs Hydreigon or Choice Band Heracross alongside it. Virizion appreciates entry hazard support, making entry hazard setters such as Forretress and Nidoqueen good teammates. Cleaners, such as Speed Boost Yanmega and Mega Sharpedo, make for good teammates, as they can capitalize on Virizion's ability to weaken a team during a sweep. Rock-types, such as Mega Aerodactyl and Tyrantrum, make for good teammates, as they take care of Ice-, Flying-, and Fire-types that stop Virizion from sweeping.

Calm Mind
########

Moves
========

Calm Mind boosts makes Virizion's Special Attack and Special Defense by one stage, making it a good special sweeper. Giga Drain is a STAB that allows Virizion to regain health while attempting a sweep,(rc) and it also gets a STAB boost. Focus Blast is used for a secondary STAB attack that hits hard. Hidden Power Rock gives Virizion super effective coverage against Flying-types and Chandelure, which wall this set otherwise. Synthesis gives Virizion reliable recovery, which can be crucial when attempting to sweep. Substitute, on the other hand, allows Virizion to set up more easily easier against bulky Water-types that don't have Ice Beam.

Set Details
========

The Speed and Special Attack EVs are maximized to augment Virizion's sweeping potential. Leftovers is the chosen item as it gives Virizion a form of passive recovery. A Timid nature is chosen in order to make makes full use of Virizion's good Speed tier.

Usage Tips
========

Virizion should always attempt to use bulky Water-types as setup fodder.;(period to semicolon) Virizion can also set up against Choice-locked special attackers that cannot KO it, such as Choice Scarf Heliolisk and Choice Scarf Hydreigon. A sweep should only be attempted during mid- or late-game, as Virizion's checks and counters would still be healthy beforehand.

Team Options
========

Clerics, such as Blissey and Florges, make for good Virizion teammates to Virizion,(ac) as they can remove any status inflicted upon Virizion. Wallbreakers, such as Choice Specs Kyurem and Choice Band Entei, make for good partners, as they remove or weaken walls that threaten to stop Virizion from sweeping. Rock-types, such as Rhyperior and Mega Aerodactyl, also make for good Virizion teammates to Virizion,(ac) as they can deal with Fire-, Ice-, and Flying-types that threaten Virizion.

Other Options
########

Virizion gets access to Light Screen and Reflect, making a support set with both of those along with Taunt a possibility,(ac) but though Virizion is outclassed in that this regard by Espeon and Azelf. Sacred Sword could be used over Close Combat on the Swords Dance set should the Defense and Special Defense drops seem important but it is generally not worth it. A Life Orb can also be utilized by Virizion to give it more immediate power before setting up.

Checks & Counters
########

**Flying-types**: Flying-types, such as Crobat and Mega Aerodactyl, easily take Virizion's STABs STAB attacks and can OHKO back with theirs their STAB attacks, although they have to be wary of Stone Edge.

**Poison-types**: Poison-types resist both of Virizion's STABs STAB attacks and can retaliate with their own super effective STAB attacks; Mega Beedrill and Toxicroak are examples of this.

**Psychic-types**: Psychic-types, such as Reuniclus and Cresselia, can take any boosted hit by from Virizion and proceed to KO Virizion with a STAB attack.

**Revenge Killers**: Choice Scarf users and naturally faster Pokemon, such as Mienshao and Alakazam respectively, can easily revenge kill Virizion after getting a free switch into it. Whimsicott gets a special mention for being able to resisting both of Virizion's STABs STAB attacks and either locking it into a support move with Encore or KOing it with a STAB Moonblast.

**Fire-types**: Fire-types, such as Entei, Defensive Arcanine,(rc) and Chandelure Chandelure,(ac) and defensive Arcanine can easily take an unboosted STAB attack from Virizion and OHKO in return, although they have to be wary of Stone Edge.
Thanks for your input, and I'm aware of a few things. Regarding mentioning the Light Screen and Taunt which only appear next in OO, I do believe it is necessary as it does describe Virizion's support movepool, but if not then what do I put? Even you yourself said you didn't know lol. Regarding the Life Orb mention, I was told by King UU to put it there despite it already being in set details. And regarding the C&C section, I'm very sorry that it isn't up to your standards, and the section is completely inferior to another analysis made by a QC member. I'm currently waiting on a GP member so I didn't feel the bump was necessary, and due to this, I'm also not going to implement the AM check but it is highly appreciated.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Thanks for your input, and I'm aware of a few things. Regarding mentioning the Light Screen and Taunt which only appear next in OO, I do believe it is necessary as it does describe Virizion's support movepool, but if not then what do I put? Even you yourself said you didn't know lol.
nothing sounds good

you're not obligated to have a certain length in your overview, and you mention those moves as outclassed anyhow, so what's the point? plus, i did mention you could talk more about the sets rather than just mention virizion has 2 boosting moves

'Furthermore, Virizion gains access to a plethora of support moves ranging from Light Screen to Taunt. Lastly, Virizion can complement its offenses with two great boosting moves in Swords Dance and Calm Mind.'

'Furthermore, Virizion's access to both Swords Dance and Calm Mind and proficiency in using these moves gives it a high level of versatility that can leave foes guessing as to which Pokemon they should send in to counter Virizion, yielding explosive results.'

more length + more relevance. Though i'm not entirely certain if UU has physical walls that can't handle the CM set or vice-versa? Whatever, you have like Phys.D aroma.

kreme said:
Regarding the Life Orb mention, I was told by King UU to put it there despite it already being in set details.
So...does that mean the Life Orb is for a four attacks set? a Calm Mind set? he never actually clarified.

From reading what he said, it's unclear, but I lean towards my explanation of it being for the CM set or just a Life Orb 4 attacks set. If he wants it for the Swords Dance set, well, you can't mention something in OO and set details, so yea. As it stands you haven't clarified what it is in your writing, and placing it after Sacred Sword with the way that sentence is, it seems to imply belonging to Swords Dance, and since you've given no other clues except maybe a general "lo on any set", well, yeah.

kreme said:
And regarding the C&C section, I'm very sorry that it isn't up to your standards, and the section is completely inferior to another analysis made by a QC member.
Me too.

Look, you don't have to be a QC member to do what he did. I could probably do 90% of what Ironbullet did, and i wouldn't bitch about the last 10% being missing. Your checks and counters is just totally lacking in detail. For example;

**Flying-types**: Flying-types, such as Crobat and Mega Aerodactyl, easily take Virizion's STAB attacks and can OHKO with their STAB attacks, although they have to be wary of Stone Edge.

252 Atk Virizion Close Combat vs. 40 HP / 0 Def Mega Aerodactyl: 175-207 (56.2 - 66.5%)

252 SpA Virizion Focus Blast vs. 40 HP / 0 SpD Mega Aerodactyl: 160-189 (51.4 - 60.7%)

As you can see, Mega Aerodactyl isn't easily taking Virizion's STABs at all. However, it is able to take any one attack, even after Stealth Rock, and easily revenge kills it.

Crobat, on the other hand, doubly resists both of Virizion's STABs!!! That's pretty good. However, it is weak to all of its coverage moves, meaning almost all Virizion sets will be capable of hitting it super effectively. It can also hit it right through a Substitute, though you can argue this is irrelevant since Substitute-wielding Virizion are likely dual STAB and thus hard walled by Crobat. In short, you've provided almost no information other than "Flying-types beat a Grass / Fighting type! watch out for Stone Edge!"

And they're both faster than Virizion.

Now, then:

**Flying-types**: Most Flying-types can easily OHKO Virizion with their doubly super effective STABs. Mega Aerodactyl has trouble with Virizion's STABs, but can take at least one hit from it always and OHKO Virizion before it can move, or Roost as it switches out. Crobat can take any STAB Virizion can throw at it and has the Speed to OHKO Virizion before it can move, but it struggles to take Virizion's coverage moves. Similarly to Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Pidgeot can only take a Leaf Blade with any kind of safety, but its higher Speed and fair bulk let it do all right in a majority of situations, and not even a Calm Mind boost can stop it from OHKOing Virizion.

I don't even play this damn tier. Did I miss anything? I'm going to go with no, but luckily, since I'm not writing about Virizion, it's not really my job. miiiight be yours tho

oh yeah, where's the walls? aren't there any?

kreme said:
I'm currently waiting on a GP member so I didn't feel the bump was necessary, and due to this, I'm also not going to implement the AM check but it is highly appreciated.
as to the first, fair enough, though that just makes it a bit more annoying for any gp that wants a crack at it

as to the second, i get the feeling we've set up some kind of antagonistic interaction. If so, i refuse to carry any of the blame, since i've pointed out legitimate mistakes, however much you disliked how i did it. if this is the case, you should get over it asap

outside of that, your loss, and the loss of everyone who works on this since they'll need to work harder but w/e

Kreme

nothing sounds good

you're not obligated to have a certain length in your overview, and you mention those moves as outclassed anyhow, so what's the point? plus, i did mention you could talk more about the sets rather than just mention virizion has 2 boosting moves

'Furthermore, Virizion gains access to a plethora of support moves ranging from Light Screen to Taunt. Lastly, Virizion can complement its offenses with two great boosting moves in Swords Dance and Calm Mind.'

'Furthermore, Virizion's access to both Swords Dance and Calm Mind and proficiency in using these moves gives it a high level of versatility that can leave foes guessing as to which Pokemon they should send in to counter Virizion, yielding explosive results.'

more length + more relevance. Though i'm not entirely certain if UU has physical walls that can't handle the CM set or vice-versa? Whatever, you have like Phys.D aroma.

So...does that mean the Life Orb is for a four attacks set? a Calm Mind set? he never actually clarified.

From reading what he said, it's unclear, but I lean towards my explanation of it being for the CM set or just a Life Orb 4 attacks set. If he wants it for the Swords Dance set, well, you can't mention something in OO and set details, so yea. As it stands you haven't clarified what it is in your writing, and placing it after Sacred Sword with the way that sentence is, it seems to imply belonging to Swords Dance, and since you've given no other clues except maybe a general "lo on any set", well, yeah.

Me too.

Look, you don't have to be a QC member to do what he did. I could probably do 90% of what Ironbullet did, and i wouldn't bitch about the last 10% being missing. Your checks and counters is just totally lacking in detail. For example;

252 Atk Virizion Close Combat vs. 40 HP / 0 Def Mega Aerodactyl: 175-207 (56.2 - 66.5%)

252 SpA Virizion Focus Blast vs. 40 HP / 0 SpD Mega Aerodactyl: 160-189 (51.4 - 60.7%)

As you can see, Mega Aerodactyl isn't easily taking Virizion's STABs at all. However, it is able to take any one attack, even after Stealth Rock, and easily revenge kills it.

Crobat, on the other hand, doubly resists both of Virizion's STABs!!! That's pretty good. However, it is weak to all of its coverage moves, meaning almost all Virizion sets will be capable of hitting it super effectively. It can also hit it right through a Substitute, though you can argue this is irrelevant since Substitute-wielding Virizion are likely dual STAB and thus hard walled by Crobat. In short, you've provided almost no information other than "Flying-types beat a Grass / Fighting type! watch out for Stone Edge!"

And they're both faster than Virizion.

Now, then:

**Flying-types**: Most Flying-types can easily OHKO Virizion with their doubly super effective STABs. Mega Aerodactyl has trouble with Virizion's STABs, but can take at least one hit from it always and OHKO Virizion before it can move, or Roost as it switches out. Crobat can take any STAB Virizion can throw at it and has the Speed to OHKO Virizion before it can move, but it struggles to take Virizion's coverage moves. Similarly to Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Pidgeot can only take a Leaf Blade with any kind of safety, but its higher Speed and fair bulk let it do all right in a majority of situations, and not even a Calm Mind boost can stop it from OHKOing Virizion.

I don't even play this damn tier. Did I miss anything? I'm going to go with no, but luckily, since I'm not writing about Virizion, it's not really my job. miiiight be yours tho

as to the first, fair enough, though that just makes it a bit more annoying for any gp that wants a crack at it

as to the second, i get the feeling we've set up some kind of antagonistic interaction. If so, i refuse to carry any of the blame, since i've pointed out legitimate mistakes, however much you disliked how i did it. if this is the case, you should get over it asap

outside of that, your loss, and the loss of everyone who works on this since they'll need to work harder but w/e
Honestly, I don't have anything against you whatsoever. In fact, I've seen you coming and going out of a lot of analyses, and in some you've been completely ignored, others don't want you there at all. I'm at least taking the time to reply with what I thought on everything you've said. Honestly, you can take my responses anyway you want but I actually consider what you say, even if I decide not to implement any of it, no matter how much it annoys me the way it's being said. I know I'm not that great at analyses, I honestly do. My write-ups can be horrible at times and a lot of the time I really feel bad for QC, GP, and people like you in between. I have fun writing these things, as much as they're torn apart by GP, QC, as well as the people in between. There were some things going on that I should have implemented better, I had Noivern in place of Mega Aerodactyl originally but I was told to change to that straight up, I'm not blaming QC for that part, I know that's my fault. I'm not going to lie and say the changes you've suggested are wrong or the sort, honestly speaking a lot of them are as you say, legitimate. Truth be told, the way you respond and post kinda annoys me, so I try to reply the same way. If you're willing to change the way you do as such then I'm fine with doing the same thing. Regarding the Life Orb in Other Options, honestly I'm quite at a lost at that and have been since I was requested to put it there in the first place.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Kreme

REMOVE CHANGE COMMENTS

Overview
########

In a tier where the main defensive typing is the Water-type, Grass-type sweepers are highly sought after as they are able to use them Water-types they + them referring to different things is confusing as setup fodder. Virizion is one of the best of these as it sports an excellent 108 base Speed as well as base 90 offenses. Virizion isn't frail either as it sports a decent 91 / 72 / 108 bulk. Furthermore, Virizion gains has access to a plethora of support moves ranging from such as Light Screen to and there's no real relation between the two so 'ranging from' is a bit odd Taunt. Lastly, Virizion can complement its offenses with two great boosting moves in Swords Dance and Calm Mind.

Swords Dance
########

Moves
========

Virizion doesn't hit hard initially, making Swords Dance a good move as it boosts way Virizion's Attack stat by two stages. Leaf Blade is a good STAB attack that also has a high critical hit ratio. Close Combat is another good STAB attack that has a high Base Power of 120, although it lowers Virizion's defenses, making Virizion more prone to being revenge killed. Stone Edge is a good coverage move as it that allows Virizion to hit Flying-types and Chandelure, which wall Virizion otherwise, for super effective damage. Zen Headbutt allows Virizion to hit Poison-types, which resist Virizion's dual STAB types, for super effective damage, making it another good coverage move.

Set Details
========

A Lum Berry is chosen as Virizion's held item as it allows Virizion to have a one-time immunity to status. A Life Orb can be used over this to give Virizion more immediate attacking power but this makes it harder for Virizion to switch into bulky Water-types. 252 EVs are put into Attack and Speed to maximize Virizion's sweeping potential. A Jolly nature is used in order to Speed tie with other positive-natured base 108 Speed Pokemon, (comma) namely Cobalion and Infernape.

Usage Tips
========

Virizion should be sent in during mid- or late-game to have the easiest time sweeping. Virizion should also take advantage of its typing and use bulky Water-types as setup fodder. Flying-types tend to switch into Virizion so attempt to take advantage of that by either switching into the appropriate Pokemon or using Stone Edge on a predicted switch.

Team Options
========

Wallbreakers make for excellent partners as they allow Virizion to sweep with ease, so consider using Choice Specs Hydreigon or Choice Band Heracross alongside it. Virizion appreciates entry hazard support, making entry hazard setters such as Forretress and Nidoqueen good teammates. Cleaners, such as Speed Boost Yanmega and Mega Sharpedo, make for good teammates as they can capitalize on Virizion's ability to weaken a team during a sweep. Rock-types, such as Mega Aerodactyl and Tyrantrum, make for good teammates as they take care of Ice-, Flying-, and Fire-types that stop Virizion from sweeping.

Calm Mind
########

Moves
========

Calm Mind boosts Virizion's Special Attack and Special Defense by one stage, making it Virizion a good special sweeper. Giga Drain allows Virizion to regain health while attempting a sweep, and it also gets a STAB boost. Focus Blast is used for a secondary STAB attack that hits hard. Hidden Power Rock gives Virizion super effective coverage against Flying-types and Chandelure, which wall this set otherwise. Synthesis gives Virizion reliable recovery which can be crucial when attempting to sweep. Substitute on the other hand allows Virizion to set up easier against bulky Water-types that don't have Ice Beam.

Set Details
========

The Max Speed and Special Attack EVs are used maximized to augment Virizion's sweeping potential. Leftovers is the chosen item as it gives Virizion a form of passive recovery. A Timid nature is chosen in order to make full use of Virizion's good Speed tier.

Usage Tips
========

Virizion should always attempt to use bulky Water-types as setup fodder. Virizion can also set up against Choice-locked special attackers that cannot KO it, such as Choice Scarf Heliolisk and Choice Scarf Hydreigon. A sweep should only be attempted during mid- or late-game as Virizion's checks and counters would still be healthy beforehand.

Team Options
========

Clerics, such as Blissey and Florges, make for good Virizion teammates to Virizion as they can remove any status inflicted upon Virizion. Wallbreakers, such as Choice Specs Kyurem and Choice Band Entei, make for good partners as they remove or weaken walls that threaten to stop Virizion from sweeping. Rock-types, such as Rhyperior and Mega Aerodactyl, also make for good Virizion teammates as they can deal with Fire-, Ice-, and Flying-types that threaten Virizion.

Other Options
########

Virizion gets access to Light Screen and Reflect, making a support set with both of those along with Taunt a possibility but is outclassed in that regard by Espeon and Azelf. Sacred Sword could be used over Close Combat on the Swords Dance set should the Defense and Special Defense drops seem important detrimental but it is generally not worth it. A Life Orb can also be utilized by Virizion to give it more immediate power before setting up.

Checks & Counters
########

**Poison-types**: Poison-types resist both of Virizion's STAB attacks and can retaliate with their own super effective STAB attacks; Mega Beedrill and Toxicroak are examples of this.

**Psychic-types**: Psychic-types, such as Reuniclus and Cresselia, can take any boosted hit by Virizion and proceed to KO Virizion with a STAB attack.

**Revenge Killers**: Choice Scarf users and naturally faster Pokemon, such as Mienshao and Alakazam respectively, can easily revenge kill Virizion after getting a free switch into it. Whimsicott gets a special mention for being able to resist both of Virizion's STAB attacks and either lock it into a support move with Encore or KO it with a STAB Moonblast.

**Fire-types**: Fire-types, such as Entei, defensive Arcanine, (AC) and Chandelure, can easily take an unboosted STAB attack from Virizion and OHKO in return, although they have to be wary of Stone Edge.

1/2

sorry about this kreme, please ignore below

nothing sounds good
Why start off a response with this

Tehy, half the time you're saying that there's too much fluff in this analysis, and then are saying that things need to be elaborated on, with no real distinction between the two. Why remove an explanation of what Calm Mind does in the moves description, or the mention of Speed tying with base 108 Pokemon? When a paragraph is just four lines long, I don't think fluff is the issue.

If you don't play the tier, then it's probably not your job to nitpick QC detail, after QC members have approved something. If you've got an issue with QC approving things, talk to them, rather than trying to shoehorn in mini-qc checks into your editing. You've been told this many, many times.
GP members can easily check the queue for analyses to check and you can too; there's no need to intially start off your check berating somebody for not making a 'bump' post that can be considered pointless.
It's an author's choice whether to implement an amcheck or not. Kreme has stated why they disagree with your changes and mentioned that they do 'appreciate your check'. Blaming the other person for not taking kindly to changes that are overly unnecessary is not a good way to go about in C&C.
On the contrary. Right off the bat, you were introducing more errors into this analysis by continually replacing "STAB attacks" with "STABs". Not only is 'STABs' incorrect, but small one-word changes of things that are not incorrect in the first place convince authors that you have an issue with their writing. Every author has a way of writing, and rearranging sentences so they 'sound better' is completely objective and unnecessary. Most of your comma additions are in a similar vein. If something is fine, just leave it. Inciting drama and introducing pointless changes and some errors just makes it more difficult for us.

Tehy, you need to take the chip off your shoulder regarding your C&C posting. If you have a concern about QC and writing, bring it up separately. Don't try and mix your GP edits with QC, because it always comes out as messy to read. You mention yourself that you didn't play this tier; why are you worried about the quality of this analysis when it's already been approved? And if there are legit quality problems, talk to the QC team about it or other players, not the author who's sitting with an approved analysis.

On top of everything, in your checks you continually do a lot of rewordings and removals. That's understandable; I myself don't like to change much prose around, other GP members do. However, it is not OK to get upset at people when they disagree with your rewordings. If you don't like it when people critique and don't implement your rewordings, then you shouldn't make them.

Last edited:

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
remove
add (Capitalize)

(comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon
(fwiw every single comma I've added is grammatically required)

Overview
########

In a tier where the main defensive typing is the Water-type, Grass-type sweepers are highly sought after, (AC; causal 'as' requires a comma period) as they are able to use Water-types as setup fodder. Virizion is one of the best of these, (AC) as it sports an excellent 108 base Speed as well as base 90 offenses. Virizion isn't frail either, (AC) as it sports a decent 91 / 72 / 108 bulk. Furthermore, Virizion has access to a plethora of support moves such as Light Screen to and Taunt. Lastly, Virizion can complement its offenses with two great boosting moves in Swords Dance and Calm Mind.

Swords Dance
########

Moves
========

Virizion doesn't hit hard initially, making Swords Dance a good way to boost Virizion's Attack stat by two stages. Leaf Blade is a good STAB attack that also has a high critical hit ratio. Close Combat is another good STAB attack that has a high Base Power of 120, although it lowers Virizion's defenses, making Virizion more prone to being revenge killed. Stone Edge is a good coverage move that allows Virizion to hit Flying-types and Chandelure, which wall Virizion otherwise, for super effective damage. Zen Headbutt allows Virizion to hit Poison-types, which resist Virizion's STAB types, for super effective damage.

Set Details
========

A Lum Berry is chosen as Virizion's held item, (AC) as it allows Virizion to have a one-time immunity to status. A Life Orb can be used over this to give Virizion more immediate attacking power, (AC) but this makes it harder for Virizion to switch into bulky Water-types. 252 EVs are put into Attack and Speed to maximize Virizion's sweeping potential. A Jolly nature is used in order to Speed tie with other positive-natured base 108 Speed Pokemon, namely Cobalion and Infernape.

Usage Tips
========

Virizion should be sent in mid- or late-game to have the easiest time sweeping. Virizion should also take advantage of its typing and use by using bulky Water-types as setup fodder. Flying-types tend to switch into Virizion, (AC) so attempt to take advantage of that by either switching into to the appropriate Pokemon or using Stone Edge on a predicted switch.

Team Options
========

Wallbreakers make for excellent partners, (AC) as they allow Virizion to sweep with ease, so consider using Choice Specs Hydreigon or Choice Band Heracross alongside it. Virizion appreciates entry hazard support, making entry hazard setters such as Forretress and Nidoqueen good teammates. Cleaners, such as Speed Boost Yanmega and Mega Sharpedo, make for good teammates as well, (AC) as they can capitalize on Virizion's ability to weaken a team during a sweep. Lastly, Rock-types, such as Mega Aerodactyl and Tyrantrum, make for good teammates, (AC) as they take care of Ice-, Flying-, and Fire-types that stop Virizion from sweeping.

Calm Mind
########

Moves
========

Calm Mind boosts Virizion's Special Attack and Special Defense by one stage, making Virizion a good special sweeper. Giga Drain allows Virizion to regain health while attempting a sweep. Focus Blast is a secondary STAB attack that hits hard. Hidden Power Rock gives Virizion super effective coverage against Flying-types and Chandelure, which wall this set otherwise. Synthesis gives Virizion reliable recovery, (AC) which can be crucial when attempting to sweep. Substitute on the other hand allows Virizion to set up easier more easily against bulky Water-types that don't have Ice Beam.

Set Details
========

Max Speed and Special Attack EVs are used to augment Virizion's sweeping potential. Leftovers is the chosen item, (AC) as it gives Virizion a form of passive recovery. A Timid nature is chosen in order to make full use of Virizion's good Speed tier.

Usage Tips
========

Virizion should always attempt to use bulky Water-types as setup fodder. Virizion can also set up against Choice-locked special attackers that cannot KO it, such as Choice Scarf Heliolisk and Choice Scarf Hydreigon. A sweep should only be attempted during mid- or late-game, (AC) as Virizion's checks and counters would still be healthy beforehand.

Team Options
========

Clerics, such as Blissey and Florges, make for good teammates to Virizion, (AC) as they can remove any status inflicted upon Virizion. Wallbreakers, such as Choice Specs Kyurem and Choice Band Entei, make for good partners, (AC) as they remove or weaken walls that threaten to stop Virizion from sweeping. Rock-types, such as Rhyperior and Mega Aerodactyl, also make for good Virizion teammates, (AC) as they can deal with Fire-, Ice-, and Flying-types that threaten Virizion.

Other Options
########

Virizion gets access to Light Screen and Reflect, making a support set with both of those along with Taunt a possibility; (SC) but however, such a set is outclassed by Espeon and Azelf. Sacred Sword could be used over Close Combat on the Swords Dance set should the Defense and Special Defense drops seem detrimental, (AC) but it is generally not worth it. A Life Orb can also be utilized by Virizion to give it more immediate power before setting up.

Checks & Counters
########

**Fire-types**: Fire-types, such as Entei, defensive Arcanine, and Chandelure, can easily take an unboosted STAB attack from Virizion and OHKO in return, although they have to be wary of Stone Edge.

GP 2/2

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)