Volt switch and u-turn in the rain : Rainy Turn

RAINY TURN
Hi, here's my second RMT on this site, i was a good idea, play the core rotom-w and scizor on the rain, besides being a good core, while they enjoy both the rain, such as halving its fire weakness, or to have an h-pump power doubled
-Team at glance:

Here the final team.

-Team in details:

Tarpaud (Politoed) (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Focus Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Perish Song

Why I took? simply because I needed a climate for not making me 6-0 vs suns / die slowly volt switch / u-turn because of damage from hail or SS, h-pump in stab , focus blast for ferrothorn, perish song for late game sweepers, ice beam for dragon-types

Cizayox (Scizor) (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Why I took? just because my team is based on the core Rotom-w + Scizor, a fabulous offensive core that puts a monstrous offensive pressure, bullet punch and stab for RK, u-turn for stab, pursuit for lati@s and Celebi and superpower for blissey / Chansey

Motisma-Eau (Rotom-W) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Trick

- Hidden Power [Ice]

Why I took? just because my team is based on the core Rotom-w + Scizor, a fabulous offensive core that puts a monstrous offensive pressure, hydro pump in stab, volt switch in stab the second and it allows me to alternate with Scizor who have counter opposed, HP ice for dragon-types, trick for stallers

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aqua Tail
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- ExtremeSpeed

Why I took? simply because I needed a finisher who could easily finish the opposing team after doing enough damage with my core, I love Dragonite because with multiscale it up very easily. aqua tail for gliscor, dragon claw in stab, dragon dance for boost and extreme speed for rk

Tentacruel (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 92 SDef / 16 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Protect

Why I took? simply because I needed a rapid spinner for the multiscale of Dragonite still active when it comes into play to facilitate its placement, scald in stab and he can burn a possible physical sweeper, protect for anticip a choice scarfer, T-spikes to poison , rapid spin to scan EH

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball

Why I took? simply because I needed a steel-type as to lay the EH, and counter the dragon-types to a lesser extent, all done very well against that ferrothorn counter easily lati@s and nite, spikes for eh, eh sr for, Gyroball and power whip in stab.

Thank you for reading this RMT, if you have any advice please, don't hesitate,

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, solid rain team. Bulk Up Breloom could cause some problems here, it sets up on your voltturn core and from there it can just sleep Dragonite and sweep the rest of your team (Rotom's HP Ice doesn't OHKO). To fix this I suggest using the Mixed Rain variant of Dragonite. After you sac something to Spore, This set can switch into Breloom and destroy it with a STAB Hurricane. MixNite also complements your VoltTurn core nicely. MixNIte is kind of slow I would consider using Thunder Wave over Gyro Ball on Ferrothorn. Thunder Wave makes it easier for Dragonite to sweep and harder for the opponents to stop your voltturn chain. Gyro Ball won't really be missed with Power Whip and Scizor's Bullet Punch at your disposal. Finally, to really stop Bulk Up Breloom I also suggest using 76 Speed EVs (out of HP) on Politoed, to outspeed Breloom with 60 Speed EVs and KO with Ice Beam.

Dragonite | Multiscale | Lum Berry
(+Atk, -Def) | 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
| Hurricane | Aqua Tail | ExtremeSpeed | Roost

Hope this helps

AB2

is an absolute ape
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Cool team, I really only have a few small changes for you to try out. Substitute + calm mind jirachi seems like it could be a pain to fight. It gains free set up on ferrothorn as you will not be able to break the sub with just one power whip. Afterwards, it can wreak havoc on this team with boosted psyshock, thunder, or water pulse. Although it is not worth it to make huge changes in order to combat jirachi, a smaller change such as running bulldoze over gyro ball on ferrothorn is probably worth a shot. With bulldoze ferrothorn, jirachi will be unable to gain free set up on almost all of this team. Unless it comes in on one of your choiced pkmn locked onto the wrong move, but with perish song on politoed and bulldoze on ferrothorn it becomes much easier to manage jirachi.

Another small change that I recommend is that you run a physically defensive spread on tentacruel. The reason being is that it becomes an extremely effective switch into scizor. Although rotom-w is an ok switch into u-turn, it takes quite a lot of damage after stealth rock. If you run a spread of 252 hp / 212 def / 44 spe allows you to outrun slower gliscor and switch into scizor much easier. Aside from that, I'd definitely second the change to mixed dragonite if you haven't done so already. Hurricane allows you to beat breloom pretty easily and virizion should go down provided that you have multiscale still intact of you still have scizor left on your team.

Hi, thanks for your rate, i think bulldoze on ferro is a good idea, i try that, thanks
other rates ?

Very very standard Rain team. Virizion looks like a major threat, although you can always revenge with Scizor after prior damage, or defense drops if it's the SD set. The other problem is the combination of Rotom-W + Terrakion, which is incredibly popular. Rotom-W gets a lot of free switchins on this team and Ferro is your only safe switch into it. I'm mainly concerned about CB Terrak, and possibly the SubSD set, but you don't have safe switches into either of them.

Stuff to try...maybe just use Specs Tornadus over Dragonite. You still check most of the important things Dragonite does, in exchange for more wallbreaking power. In addition though you outspeed and OHKO Virizion and Terrakion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)