ORAS NU VoltTurn Kawaii Ft. Aurorus

Yoo, Oshony finna showcase a new voltturn team featuring CB Dino.

I wanted to use the powerful physical aurorus since its wallbreaking power is amazing and many teams are weak to ice. But aurorus has so many weaknesses and has prolems switchin in.

First I needed a cool lead, so i chose vivillon.

upload_2015-5-16_12-17-17.png

Vivillon @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Hasty Nature
Evs: 4 Atk / 252 Spa / 252 Spe
- Sleep Powder
- Hurricane
- HP Ground / Bug Buzz
- Uturn

I decided to lead off with sash lead vivillon, with uturn instead of quiver dance. Magneton be all over the place so hp ground is mandatory, but bug buzz for malamar or hp fire is for ferroseed also an option. . Use Vivilons good speed tier to get off a sleep powder, and depending on the team whether u should uturn or spam hurricane first turn.

Since this is voltturn, i knew i needed another voltturn user and good type synergy, i choose lanturn.

^So kawaii

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
Calm Nature
Evs: 44 HP / 252 Def / 212 SpD
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave

Pretty standard lanturn to counter magneton. Provides a nice fire resist and most of its switchins (grasses and brave ground types) are raped by aurorus.

Next we have the star of the show

^Fax
Aurorus @ Choice Band
Ability: Refrigerate
Adamant Nature
Evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Return
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Facade

One day aurorus walked into a bar. The bar had no counters... This thing is a monster, capable of 2hko a majority of the tier if not outrite ohkoing walls. Even mega audino cant handle the power of this monster.

252+ Atk Choice Band Refrigerate Aurorus Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Audino: 154-183 (37.5 - 44.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (clear who is top dino, f#$k meganium).

Even uninvested aurorus can switchin on most neutral hits with plenty of hp to spare. Natural 123/72/92 bulk paired with an amazing ability and low risk high power moves make this a hard thing to take down. It even counters standard fletchinder since it can tank will o wisp that Sawk despises.
Even with all its glory, it has several checks like kabutops, fighting types.. etc. but all of those have struggle to switchin.

Try to keep aurorus from being damaged early game, even tho its bulky it is worn down very easily with stealth rocks and weak attacks.

Return is mandatory stab, eq for best coverage alongside of it. Stone edge is to hit mons like pelipper and mantine, as well as sneasel, although they all take a chunk from return. Facade makes it an amazing switchin to mons like weezing who rely on status to do damage.

Enough about aurorus lets talk about another pivot i picked.

^^UBER KAWAII^^

Togetic @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
Bold/Calm Nature
Evs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 SpD
- Roost
- Baton Pass
- Dazzling Gleam
- Defog

I needed a defogger that didnt lose momentum, and togetic seemed to fit the bill. A ground immunity as well as hariyama switchin made togetic obvious to add. Slow baton pass to pivot into aurorus against say vileplume or garbodor, who aurorus does work on.

We cant have a team without rocks can we?

^Those cheeks tho

Uxie @ Leftovers/Kasib Berry
Ability: Levitate
200 HP / 132 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- U-Turn
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Originally it was choice band Uxie, but i stopped being a bad player and made it offensive pivot uxie. Xatu is a great switchin opportunity for aurorus, since giga drain does 0. Im using zen headbutt to damage hariyama more without sacrificing bulk or uturn damage. Thunder Wave to help slow down the opposition and rocks are absolutely mandatory. I run enough speed to outrun adamant sawk and a couple attack evs so zen headbutt can do damage if need be. Kasib berry is also an option since mismagius can give this team a bit of troubles at times, but leftovers is more consistent.

This team is very slow albeit 2 twave users, so I needed something to hit offense.

Since my only normal resist is aurorus and i have a noticeable rock weakness, i tosses on scarf Sawk.

^Sawk is my man crush dont hate^

Sawk @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sturdy
Jolly Nature
Evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge

Added scarf sawk for the nice surprise factor and also to nuke tauros/mismagius when given the opportunity. Sturdy is that ability to help tank random crits which this team is susceptible too. Pretty standard none the less, but a great help to this team.

Importable:

Cant Trust Thots (Vivillon) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- U-turn

Cometh And Goeth (Togetic) @ Eviolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 SpD
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Baton Pass
- Roost
- Dazzling Gleam

Herb (Uxie) @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 HP / 132 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Pick A Fodder (Aurorus) @ Choice Band
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Facade

Fuckin Magnets (Lanturn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Def / 212 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Heal Bell
- Thunder Wave

OG Ernie (Sawk) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge

hey based nigga Oshony PokeGod

Sik tem u hav her.
Its actually lgt pretty cool, I like the cb dino, quite the underrated set actually since everybody thinks its special nowadays. Overall, I like voltturn as a play style but I think trying to "overdo" voltturn can lead to your own downfall, so that's something to be aware of. Also, hazards are massive on voltturn so its good you have some nice defog support in togetic.

However, I have identifyed a couple of flaws with this team. Sneasel / Tauros cause problems. You can check them both with scarf sawk or even vivillon if you haven't broken its sash, but, if they come in on, for example Uxie, Sneasel to a more devastating effect just gets a free knock off, it can then icicle crash all your dark resists for the ko and this is risky.
Your other problem is Archeops. With your main flying resist (Lanturn) getting bopt by eq, you can't help but feel the pressure on sawk to revenge kill or even just your mons like Togetic are really feeling pressured to deal with these S rank threats.

This comes onto my suggestion; Vivillion really isn't doing much for your team apart from pivoting with u-turn and sleep powder. Its a dedicated lead for this team and I feel like its possible for you to make this change so that your team is crucially less weak to these mons. In order to check the afformentioned triad, I think that Defensive Pivot Mawile > Vivillon is a sound switch. It means you retain your team gets to defend against these mons quite a bit easier (you have more stuff for Tauros then other stuff). It can also become your main check against mega-audino which can just be a bitch to face thanks to iron head. You can also run stealth rock on this and chase a more offensive SubCM Uxie > Current Set. To beat M-Audino as well as more easierly break more bulky settups with stall rather than having to rely on banded aurorus to do the main chunk of work.
Of course, the mawile switch means that Togetic one would think Togetic is clashing types, but in actuality, they have quite cool synergy for the same mons, as they actually don't share one weakness, which is cool to have. + fairy typing is hella nice right now generally since its such a strong type in general

Mawile @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Atk / 252 Def
Bold Nature
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Stealth Rock
- Baton Pass / Toxic

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 Spe (modifiable)
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- any coverage / Giga Drain / Thunderbolt / Signal Beam

Overall, this team is hella cool and showcases your greatest asset oshony, unpredictability. Banded Aurorus suits u perfectly!
Great friend, yours in mons,
~HJAD

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
adamant>jolly and earthquake or zen headbutt>stone edge on sawk. you've already got ice punch for "flying-types" (there basically are none that take on sawk in nu anyways), so you're better off having coverage for garbodor and other poisons. all you outspeed with jolly sawk are +2 aurorus (uncommon), +1 modest vivillon (uncommon and you have lanturn), +1 modest lilligant (uncommon), and +2 neutral nature gorebyss and huntail (non-existent).

if you try out pivot mawile, you'll have to cut baton pass from togetic because of fucking baton pass clause. i'd recommend adding thunder wave to it which would already be nice because you're pretty lilli weak right now.

lead viv / scarf sawk / band aurorus / offensive uxie / defensive lanturn / defensive toge

hi oshony

nice team, voltturn is really cool when you pair it with a fun wallbreaker like aurorus. You don't really have a defined win condition which is kind of troublesome, and I also see a pretty big weakness to SD Samurott which can pretty much ravage your team if Sawk's sturdy is broken and lanturn is a bit weakened, as well as a weakness to offensive chops as your only way to beat it is to revenge with sawk. The Defensive maw switch is a good one and it helps you with stuff like sneasel, but i think a different win con > sub CM uxie would work better. Also go with hollywood's suggestions because even though they're minor, they really improve the team. There are also some efficiency issues that i'll try and address.

First thing is just an efficiency issue, the Lanturn spread is old and there is a better one that just makes lanturn bulkier all around. The spread is 104 HP / 244 Def / 160 SpDef w/ Calm Nature. The other issue is the lack of a win condition which can really hamper your team against more defensive builds. I'd suggest going with Lilligant > Uxie if you go with the mawile change because it provides your team with a crucial check to SD Samurott as well as a way to clean late game. You also have most of the stuff that checks Lilligant covered with the rest of your team so it allows lilli to clean more freely. You're still pretty weak to archeops but at least now you can beat it with Lilligant if you get up a QD. cool team and grats on voice :o

: 104 HP / 244 Def / 160 SpDef w/ Calm Nature

Lilligant @ Life Orb | Chlorophyll
4 Def / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe | Timid
Giga Drain | Quiver Dance | Sleep Powder | Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Ice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)