Wakeup times: Looking for other's thoughts

This is something I once told Toons about, and that he attempted to fix... But i think they've returned. Sheer wakeup time variance. Enough to throw off oki games and really ruin an attempt at mixup.

In particular, there's one skill which exaggerates the issue to an extreme... Seismic Toss. See as follows:

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/4803/theseismicconundrum.png
(For reference, each screenshot was taken immediately after the opponent's wakeup animation finished and they stopped being tinted white)

For some reason, it makes it to the point of where you can nearly fit an entire neutral jump inbetween Kril and Gem. It's not frame data, and it's not entirely falling size... So what could it be? But more importantly, does anyone else think it's an issue in the first place?

I should turn those into a .gif sometime.

My best guess is that it's a question of hitboxes, meaning some characters 'detect' the ground later than others depending on how their hitbox is placed as they fall.

According to my resear...data, there shouldn't be more than maybe 20 frames of difference from the time of landing to getting up between characters. Even accounting for the possibility of human error on TGM's part in pausing, it doesn't explain how we can fit a whole jump in between. As you can imagine, this can cause havoc with timing mixup scenarios on wake up, and not just for Vitalimar.

Anyway, my apologies to anyone who's lost a match because Pyroak got up quicker than you anticipated because you fight Syclant so often or something. I'd like standardize wakeup times and limit the variance to maybe something between Skulloton and Vitalimar.

I'm glad to see this touched upon as it really is noticeable depending on the characters your fighting. That said as mentioned on the other forums you might want to keep in mind that this can be a way to buff people as well. I mean gem's got no real wakeup options so maybe he should get up a bit faster to make crossup setups on him a little tougher(or maybe it should be worse so he really does have to worry about getting caught.)

Still either way a much closer variance would be very very nice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)